/me wonders

O

old.Arya

I really wonder why we don't have had any events or so till now on Exca. I also have a char on a german server and there are events almost every week. Would really pep up the game a bit.
So for what is Kemor paid ????

I

inqy

well I've been involved in a event on prydwen, but it's the ONLY one I've heard of happeneing on a English server.

B

Brannor McThife

Guys, events aren't going to be posted here or on the GOA site saying: "There will be an event starting at Fort Atla (Midgard, Prydwen) at 20H00 on Tuesday."

I would go so far as to say that 99%, probably 100%, of all events are roleplaying. That is, it's not going to be broadcast by the GM's. You'll hear about it if you're nearby or a friend of yours is. Take the Giant Lemur west of Huginfell, you only know it's there if you are.

Don't expect to be hand-fed events. And saying that there hasn't been any before, well, how do you know that? Just because you didn't see them or somebody who did didn't report it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

There are always people around to hear these trees fall.

-G

O

old.Whut

Events

If nobody turns up, it isn't an event . . .

S

SFXman

You have to notice stuff that is not normal... word has to move from person to person and it should become a big event. I don't see the point in events being announced, it isn't very much fun then.... I mena if you don't know about it, it will be much more exhiliarating.

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by SFXman
I mean if you don't know about it, it will be much more exhiliarating.

Not if you don't turn up, cos you didn't know about it ;)

But it was said that the events would be starting properly after the patch...

F

Flimgoblin

At the moment all they can do is little ephemeral events, people acting funny, monsters fighting etc.

What they're waiting for after the patch is the ability to make events change the world - e.g. imagine a dwarven invasion taking out humberton, causing the locals to have to hide within the keep till the invasion can be repelled etc.

To do things like these that change things permanently they need to be sure that the next patch from mythic won't flick it all back to what it was before.

Theres a lot of potential with something like that, and considering the lack of it on the US servers (according to the IGN posts anyway - see the 'grass is always greener' post by Brannor) it makes me actually glad to be on the EU servers (assuming anything comes of it)

A

Ardwan

aye, it would be great to bring back the goblin invasions from beta, and have everyone take refuge in the humberton keep, or the dwarven raiders on the other side of humberton, if they managed to gain a foothold somewhere....it would be better if GOA could actually add structures and stuff into the game.
They could actually build a stronghold for some invaders, that needs siege rams to take the doors down, and some special items given to gatekeepers for portals to be opened....

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Ardwan
aye, it would be great to bring back the goblin invasions from beta, and have everyone take refuge in the humberton keep, or the dwarven raiders on the other side of humberton, if they managed to gain a foothold somewhere....it would be better if GOA could actually add structures and stuff into the game.
They could actually build a stronghold for some invaders, that needs siege rams to take the doors down, and some special items given to gatekeepers for portals to be opened....
Superb idea.... this would be so damn fun! Also I think there should be events for varying levels... since events with a very large scale of levels able to participate can't really become that great. Maybe even two similar events (two dwarven keeps maybe) of differing levels. The... let's say under 30's could attack a low-level dwarven invader keep and 30+ the harder one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom