ME status update

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
GOA in friday news: Besides this, the Market Explorers are still not available, but our teams and the teams at Mythic are of course working on that issue so that they can quickly do their job again.

thanks ever so much! :rolleyes:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
yeah this sucks so much, ive been running around housing zone all day looking for mp studded, only found one house so far selling it and need to compare prices.

This is appauling, and how did a problem like this not show up in testing so it could be fixed before it was launched?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
I dont Blame GoA either as it IS NOT THIER FAULT , however what i dont understand is why the Retards at Mythic didnt make a fucking hotfix to add to this patch when they gave it to GoA. They had the same problem in the U.S , they knew it was there, they coulda fixed the coding but no...

And America is supposed to be our allies :p
Tell that to them poor tanks in the Gulf :(

<Btw i am not in any way comparing that tradegy to this one in anyway shape of form b4 anyone moans :p>

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
I dont Blame GoA either as it IS NOT THIER FAULT ,
Mythics US servers did not have this fault when 1.75 was installed. So it is GoA's fault.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
best bet is to rightnow it - tell em how disappointed you are in their testing processes!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
what a whining about this market explorer thing, so I'm losing a bit money due to people not buying stuff etc... fuck it.. wait a few days... it's a game, it's not a matter of live and death. Get a grip on yourselves. We did without market explorers for a long long time, I think we should be able to handle ourselfs for another few days...

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
what a whining about this market explorer thing, so I'm losing a bit money due to people not buying stuff etc... fuck it.. wait a few days... it's a game, it's not a matter of live and death. Get a grip on yourselves. We did without market explorers for a long long time, I think we should be able to handle ourselfs for another few days...

. .. ... .... <inhales>

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

This does show what a brilliant idea the ME's were tho :)

Gamah

Banned
Its very annoying when your trying to fix a template, trust me...your loosing money im loosing game time..thank god i'm spending my time on US non-toa server atm.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Gribz0r said:
. .. ... .... <inhales>

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

This does show what a brilliant idea the ME's were tho :)

Hmm... yes and no...
without market explorers priceranges for similar items are larger, thus also making items cheaper. With market explorers everybody has about thesame price for their items..

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
I dont Blame GoA either as it IS NOT THIER FAULT , however what i dont understand is why the Retards at Mythic didnt make a fucking hotfix to add to this patch when they gave it to GoA. They had the same problem in the U.S , they knew it was there, they coulda fixed the coding but no...

And America is supposed to be our allies :p
Tell that to them poor tanks in the Gulf :(

<Btw i am not in any way comparing that tradegy to this one in anyway shape of form b4 anyone moans :p>
Yeah, it's Mythic's fault for not using the same (or requiring GoA to use the same) server architecture as GoA (or Mythic). Then they could make whatever the next version of DAoC is multilingual with US-English libraries, and install the same patch on the EU servers with only minor delay.

Penlid said:
Mythics US servers did not have this fault when 1.75 was installed. So it is GoA's fault.
Mythic's DAoC server 1.75 is not the same as the one that gets installed on the GoA servers. In fact, GoA is not even allowed to modify the game code, Mythic does this. This fault can only have been caused by Mythic in the first place.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Mythic's DAoC server 1.75 is not the same as the one that gets installed on the GoA servers. In fact, GoA is not even allowed to modify the game code, Mythic does this. This fault can only have been caused by Mythic in the first place.
If i remember rightly, GoA have to change the code themselves, so your talking bullshit. GoA got a patch, even so if mythic did do the code, it gets tested on the test servers, where as if a problem was found there it would have been fixed before the servers go live.
So it is GoA's fault as mythic give a fine patch which GoA translate coding and language files, and fuck things up.

So stop the it's Mythics fault, when the Mythic servers are running fine and half the bugs we have on the euro servers have never been on seen on US.

Once again it's GoA's fault NOT Mythics!

Michail

Fledgling Freddie
Whoevers fault it is I just want it fixed :( 5 days has passed since the patch and no change with ME's. Running around _every_ single house in housing and checking 5 or 6 pages of Consigment Merchant looking for 1 scroll = no fun.

Offtopic: Anyone selling Mad Tales 3/3 on mid/exc?

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Penlid said:
If i remember rightly, GoA have to change the code themselves, so your talking bullshit. GoA got a patch, even so if mythic did do the code, it gets tested on the test servers, where as if a problem was found there it would have been fixed before the servers go live.
So it is GoA's fault as mythic give a fine patch which GoA translate coding and language files, and fuck things up.

So stop the it's Mythics fault, when the Mythic servers are running fine and half the bugs we have on the euro servers have never been on seen on US.

Well, I disagree with you. I don't think that whatever you're remembering is correct.

Mythic maintains at least two versions of DAoC: their own version, and the international multilingual version that runs on GoA's servers. The only thing that GoA writes are the language libraries. They do not 'translate' the coding themselves, Mythic release a specific EU-version for GoA to install on their servers, unless this has recently (~year) changed.

But, either way, the only ones who know this with somewhat more certainty, are Requiel, Zenythe and Xalin.

Mind that what I'm saying is that your comment about how the 'original' 1.75 was perfect is irrelevant. It's possible that this is not a coded bug, but that there's something wrong with the implementation of the patch related to the (lack of) clustering.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Well anyway if it's mythics problem (which it's not) it would have been found whilst been tested on the EU test server wouldn't it.

Obviously a fuck up whilst patching to live servers tbh.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Penlid said:
Well anyway if it's mythics problem (which it's not) it would have been found whilst been tested on the EU test server wouldn't it.

Obviously a fuck up whilst patching to live servers tbh.

House item indexing (because that's what it is) is not a core functionality, and may have been missed or not been included during the testing.

Anyway, things like these just happen with software like this, it's inevitable, no use in blaming whoever did it.

However, the time between the issue being discovered and a fix released is what really counts, and that's just taking too long. Also, I do think that GoA should have released more and accurate information earlier.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

Gamah worded it perfectly, Im in the exact situation he is. I dont even have a house at the moment Im just trying to get armor and a Krojer ring so I can do my own SCing a be finished with my template, i was never making any money in the housing zone, im just loosing time because of this bug.

Running house to house and searching CM pages yesterday took me over an hour to find a Bellona's 3of3 and Studded, tho I didnt buy either cause Bellona's didnt seem fairly priced but im not sure, and I still have yet to compare the Studded armor.

And before anyone says, "it took you over an hour to run around one zone?!", yeah it did, after your twentieth you start getting bored and dumb, and not actually reading whats on cm's, so havign to go over the CM again. Especially afraid of acidently purchasing someones "A Flask 1 of 3" that he has so nicely priced at 5plat.

Jjuraa

Banned
an official response on this would be nice.. even if its just a "we've identified the problem and are making a patch to fix it" or "we dont have a clue whats going on" or "run to the hills! the MEs are gone forever!"

how do you attract a GMs attention?

Xalin, Requiel, Zenythe :eek:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, don't buy or sell till its fixed.

Not exactly gonna kill ya.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jjuraa said:
an official response on this would be nice.. even if its just a "we've identified the problem and are making a patch to fix it" or "we dont have a clue whats going on" or "run to the hills! the MEs are gone forever!"

how do you attract a GMs attention?

Xalin, Requiel, Zenythe :eek:

what do you call the two posts on the homepage of "it's broken, we've asked mythic to send us a fix" if not "official responses"?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Quickest way around this would be to just post what your after in one the trade forums. People can snipe you and offer you best prices...

just an idea...

Jamie Li

Fledgling Freddie
yes the only thing with that is that they could over pirce what the buy'ing/sell'ing could be

popa

Fledgling Freddie
give next option on subcription page " i dont pay u all the money couse not all the game is working" :m00:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:

You remember wrong. GOA does not have the ability to recompile the game.. Mythic maintains their game. GOA provides the translations to Mythic and they recompile the game. (When they feel like it. Of course Mythic could provide the patch in time to get GOA's server equal in patch-status as their own, but they never will. It is not in Mythic best interest to have a competitor run the same patch as they are. GOA will always be forced to delay.)

GOA's server architecture is not the same as Mythics. (Our servers are better, actually.). Unfortunately, it sometimes leads to problems like these. Which will be fixed in time, so don't frustrate yourself into a cardiac arrest.

If you want to talk about stupidity, start wondering why Mythic is still using a non-unicode base version for themselves, and running a seperate unicode version of the game for all the other DAOC providers. That alone causes a lot of unneccesary bugs. (Proper versioning is your friend!)

But the bottom line is.. just be patient. It will be fixed in time, and wether it takes a few days or a month isn't going to influence your life, now is it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i just dont understand how things can work fine one patch and get broken the next, if it is working dont fuck around with it. they could then spend the time they use sorting stupid bugs and breakages like this and fix some of the game breaking fuck ups.

Freezerburn

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i just dont understand how things can work fine one patch and get broken the next, if it is working dont fuck around with it. they could then spend the time they use sorting stupid bugs and breakages like this and fix some of the game breaking fuck ups.

i wouldnt try making suggestions when i know feck all about programming tbh. If you would code yourself you would know why stuff like this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom