Me = gimp ?

O

old.Galieran

Soon I will be making a short, saracen, female Paladin and I´m not sure if I should all initail stat points into str or if I should devide it 10str,10con or 10dex. Does anyone have a fair suggestion?

K

katt!

your dex doesnt raise as a paladin EVER.

so i recommend you put 10 points in it :)

I

ironheart

my oppinion

to me nobody is a gimp, if u can do the thing u wanne do and u feel good about it, ur ok. Ur original, u can offcourse ask advise , nothing wrong with that. But stay original and do what u want ;-)

H

Hit ^_^

dont make a saracen pally they are gimped as they are :>
briton is the way to go. both got the looks and the stats :>

K

Kagato.

Yes, make a saracen paladin, Albion needs more gimps :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

nowt wrong with saracen paladins :)

block more than anyone else

That said, at the end of the day, stats mean very very little at 50. It's all down to looks (avoid the silly hood)

P

Pouget

I have a Saracen pally and I'm very proud of his abilities :). Would have won a red con (my pally is lvl43) norse Warrior (I think he was a Warrior) in DF, but he had IP and I didn't. I also didn't have my self af buff on, let alone used any chants until the end. I was so shocked to be attacked just when I logged there. Of course I didn't make much damage, but I blocked and parried about half of his hits :) Also soloed a red con tomb wight in Barrows when grouping there (of course I was buffed then, but I didn't need any heals, blocked that much).

Saracen paladin is a good protector of casters and healers. It's not a killing machine by any means, even though a paladin can protect himself as well and kill slowly (but painfully ;)).

O

old.Galieran

Am I Evil?

Yessssss, kill them slowly muhahahahahahhahahahahaha

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by Pouget
I have a Saracen pally and I'm very proud of his abilities :). Would have won a red con (my pally is lvl43) norse Warrior (I think he was a Warrior) in DF, but he had IP and I didn't.

Sorry guy but this is bollox i had a 1v1 with Javai in df went through her ip and still ended up with 30% hp left so how teh fook did you take 100% hp off a red con warrior who would have kicked your gimped saracen ass all the way back to the entrance?

Either he was afk till he came back and hit his ip key or your making this shit up

[edit] Oh just had a quick look aswell no sub lvl 50 warriors have enough rp's for ip so it must have been a lvl 50 warrior in epic, 7 lvl difference and you owned him? sure it wasnt an rm you were in melee with? , the staff gives it away.

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
dont make a saracen pally they are gimped as they are :>
briton is the way to go. both got the looks and the stats :>

Wondering where you got that from Hit, I got a saracen paladin and shieldstyles go by Dex, hits quite a lot with slam on lvl 50ish in RvR.
Saracen rocks for shieldspecced pally :)

S

skile

Make a saracen defensive paladin. They hit fast and they hit alot(more hits with more dex), this combined with 50 shield and Mastery of blocking Saracen is a good choice :). Put 10 in con and 10 in str. And the rest in quick.

P

Pouget

Originally posted by AbPoon

Sorry guy but this is bollox i had a 1v1 with Javai in df went through her ip and still ended up with 30% hp left so how teh fook did you take 100% hp off a red con warrior who would have kicked your gimped saracen ass all the way back to the entrance?

Either he was afk till he came back and hit his ip key or your making this shit up

Nope, he attacked me, when I logged there. I really don't know his class, warrior was just a suggestion. But he had two-handed hammer, was a norse and red con to me. And I did mention that I blocked and parried a lot, didn't I? Sometimes you get lucky, that's all.

[edit] Oh just had a quick look aswell no sub lvl 50 warriors have enough rp's for ip so it must have been a lvl 50 warrior in epic, 7 lvl difference and you owned him? sure it wasnt an rm you were in melee with? , the staff gives it away.

Edit: (misunderstanding)

Might not have been a warrior then, as I said above.

A

AbPoon

Was prolly a healer m8 with a 2 hander, i cant think of any other class that would lose to you, i expect the heal was an insta and not ip

B

bishibosh

ye thats a point, healers cant hit for any dmg realy and use instants, sounds about right, also never hit anyway if u have over about 5 shield

K

kinadold

The xtra dex wont make you block like a scout, and taking
trust 1 handed is not so good because of the styles.
Also i doubt guard has anything to do with dex, but i might be wrong.

It aint a gimped char, but xtra hp does not only help against enemy tanks, it also helps against enemy nukers. Block does
not help here at all.

Pros are the race, which might somewhat be mistaken for a different class in the heat of the battle.

Think a highlander pala with 10 str, 10 con and 10 dex is best choice. Maybe modify endstats with ra when you can afford it.

Also remeber high quick is not allways an advantage, because of the way the game calculate style dam. It will only be good in long duel like fights.

F

Flimgoblin

They did remove the level difference code this patch, so a 43 has a tiny chance against a 50.

Paladins with engage+high shield can do very well solo :)

(My guildmate likes to cackle with glee at how she kills a certain stealther in DF :))

A

AbPoon

I want names!!!!!!! :)

And yeah the race may make you last a little longer, most peeps just auto target if its hectic till they see avalonion pop up, saracens tend 2 be pretty low on the list seeing as they tend to be scouts and infils which arnt really a concern in fg combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom