Me first blues piece!

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hey wot you think? Might be able to put my own music to my DAOC films soon - yah never know.

Took up the aqoustic guitar about a year ago. Decided to try and learn fingerpicking blues - metal things on my fingers - bleeding hard - BUT!!!! Just recorded my first piece - Cold Comfort. Recording is a bit rough cos I only used my headphone mic. Tis picking up the whine from the puter too. I have run it through Movie Maker to create a wma file instead of a wave file. 1mb instead of 10mbs and it plays through Windows Media Player.

Cold Comfort - me!

Don't have the volume up too high cos of the background noise - ain't that bad though.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I like it :clap:
Yeah, just sort out your recording facilities. :fluffle:

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Major kudos for picking up the blues. My dad's a blues guitarist, so I've pretty much grown up with this stuff.

That said, your song is pretty simplistic and you don't really sound totally fluent or confident - but it's not bad at all for only a year's learning.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Ah me 2nd piece of recorded blues - Just Another Wine Bar by Muddy Waters. My timing ain't nowhere near right on this one but I getting there. Just 10 months of playing is all.

Just scroll the section to uncover Muddy Waters (the master).

Hell I love the sound of blues.

Me having a go!

Need to find a friendly Blues community forum now - anyone have a suggestion?

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Had me an electric guitar years ago. Never learned anything tidy to play on it. Just used to mess about with the blues patterns. My idea then was to do this until I totally memorized all the patterns because I thought that Hendrix could only show such emotion in his playing by using the notes in the blues patterns. All the notes are in tune in each key. Anyways gave up the electric guitar ages and ages ago but have now taken to the semi aqoustic quitar and fingerpicking blues which is quite hard to master for sure. But I can now make up music by shutting my eyes and letting my emotions flow into the guitar. I have no idea about the structure of this music that I come up with bar for it being based on the blues pattern. Listen to this rather creepy melancholic piece I now play. I was in a bit of a sad mood and this was the result. Obviously I now practise it whenever I feel like it. Just 11 months playing this guitar mind :) . I am using the fingerpicking method of playing in this.

File size 1mb - mp3

Melancholic number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom