Maybe, maybe not.....

O

Old Nicodemus

I was giving this idea a bit of a ponder for a few days and was wondering what other people thought. So I've decided to ask the slavering hordes of BW your thoughts....

I was wondering if it would add anything to the game if Mythic were to change the current keep lords to actually represent one of the playable chars within the game.

For example...

The Jarl of Nottmoor actually spawns as a Zerker, while other Jarls spawn as other player types. No 2 keeps can have the same type of Char type.

This could then make the taking of a keep a bit more challenging and fun. Imagine fighting the Jarl of Nottmoor and he then hits rat mode. Or a Spiritmaster who is the Jarl of another keep with a spirit champion and his spells.

So what do you think? Would it add to your enjoyment of the game or not?

J

Jupitus

Lord Erasleigh stealths and legs it over the wall.... works for me ;)

K

klavrynd

no, that means mid is stuck with gimped characters, and alb gets a boffing lord which takes a relic force to take out

keeptaking is never fun imo

A

Aoln

Sounds like it would be a bit overpowered and hard to kill, imagine a level10 keep with a spiritmaster using pbaoe. :eek:

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by Aoln
Sounds like it would be a bit overpowered and hard to kill, imagine a level10 keep with a spiritmaster using pbaoe. :eek:

Ahhh but that is no different from having a Hibbie one with a Chanter or an alb one with a Cabbie. Obviously it will require a bit of thought to actually take the keeps.. but it will make the keep taking a bit more exciting.

What type of char is actually in the Lord room? Do you risk it?

It means that you have to scout the keep first and plan your attack with care.

R

Roo Stercogburn

It would work if you lowered the level of the lord to balance the new abilities he had.

Possibly it might be better to make some of the guards different character types. There are already archers and tanks, maybe the odd bolt chucker or light tank would be good for some variation.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Healer guard that never left the keep would be good :)

O

Old Nicodemus

Originally posted by klavrynd
no, that means mid is stuck with gimped characters, and alb gets a boffing lord which takes a relic force to take out

keeptaking is never fun imo

But if the continual Bonedancer whines are anything to go by Klav I disagree. Mid Chars are not gimped as badly as people think. Besides keep taking can be a lot of fun. Most of the time people are fed up of them because it is the same old thing time and time again.. there is no variation. This idea adds variation and could have the potential to make keep taking a bit more interesting.

G

granny

Originally posted by klavrynd

Klav do you still play daoc?

If so why? Every single post you make is a whinge about how nerfed mid is and how uber alb is. You clearly don't enjoy the game any more, why carry on subjecting yourself to it?

K

klavrynd

it's this paper i'm working on, "how frustration can be addictive"

that and pve overdose because my class got nerfed to smithereens offcourse

F

fl3a

lol, a supp BD lord. or a dragonfang spamming infil lord. or a manachanter. or a hero lord who mooses and has like 20000hp in moose mode.

a shaman lord would be fun, he stands in the tower, farts and runs in cirles with sprint on.

G

ghoul

Sure sounds like an improvement, but I have no idea how it would work

T

tasslehoff

Would be fun having a ninja team killing a caster lord :) all doing PA on the same time.

W

Whoodoo_RD

BA BD keep guards and a BD Supp Lord, LOL@ pet ownage hehe

A

Apathy

Yeah, FotM keep guards. Right.

Patch note 1.69c - All keep guards respecced.
Patch note 1.82d - All keep guards respecced.
Patch note 1.83f - All keep guards respecced.
Patch note 1.88a - All keep guards respecced.
Patch note 1.94g - All keep guards respecced.

a.

O

old.Tyraette

I dont konw whether the same has happened in other epic zones, but Dartmoor got boosted with various named having access to spells and styles and the like. Makes it a far more interesting challenge. Perhaps the same could be done there?

Give Alb keep lord 'Moran the Mighty hurl spell' to another keep :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom