Maxed stat's whilst wearing sidi-suit

T

TBF[Pazuzu]

Quick question: Has anyone tried maxing all useful stat's for their character starting from a full suit of sidi armour?

Even with the upgrade to stat's on sidi stuff mentioned quite thoroughly at ClassesofCamelot's sidi page,
I can't get near capping everything on my sorcerer with a sidi suit and the set of pretty damn good jewelry and accessories I've built up.

Is it really time to throw the towel in and give up on dropped armour? Are drops just for poor people who could never be bothered to craft? (Like me)

I think it may be possible to cap everthing I need, if I had a shed load of jewelry from sidi, but as it's taken me 20+ sidi trips to get 5 pieces of armour, I'm sure it would take a whole year of saturday sidi trips to get the individual jewelry pieces I'd need to finish my template. I can't see that my RSI wracked hands could take that many more trips.

If anyone has done any work on this, or seen any information on other folk who've explored the permutations, I'd appreciate their advice. :)

O

old.Zeikerd

I've been quite busy with this actualy. I'm almost there at the moment. With around 50 RoG drops to select from and some high quality jewelery it's about 200,000 - 500,000 combinations you have to check. I allready build a small program which checks the jewelry with the sidi and checks which combinations match the best. I'll be following a course on local heuristic search methods this semester in my university to optimize the search and widen it so it can also calculate optimum SC sets.

I'm near 99% of capping all important stats with the items I now have, but the SC staff is made by hand and could be nearer to the optimum, but I don't know for sure. I'm also sad to say that most high level rare SI drops really fit really well with the Sidi set, which sucks, because they are harder to get than some good RoG drops.

So without Oily Rag I made this:
Calculation Result

r_ means resist
s_ means skill

Code:
con        70   93.33%  
dex        75   100%  
hits       200  100%  
int        75   100%  
r_body     22   84.62%  
r_cold     26   100%  
r_crush    26   100%  
r_energy   26   100%  
r_heat     26   100%  
r_matter   26   100%  
r_slash    26   100%  
r_spirit   23   88.46%  
r_thrust   26   100%  
s_body     11   100%  
s_matter   11   100%  
s_spirit   11   100%

Items
Stone Bone Choker - Apocalypse only Drop
Ice bender mantle (RoG)
Eye of the Soul Seer
Scurceol's Belt
Construct Ring
Energybender Ring (RoG)
Bracer of the Healthy
Thrustbender bracelet (RoG)
Defiled Petulant Robe
Defiled Petulant Sleeves 1.64
Defiled Petulant Gloves 1.64
Defiled Petulant Pants 1.64
Defiled Petulant Boots
Defiled Petulant Crown 1.64
Crafted 99% qua staff

Code:
Slot   Name  Utility  Stat 1  Stat 2  Stat 3  Stat 4  
neck   Stone Bone Choker - Apocalypse only Drop  74  con  21  r_slash  10  r_crush  10  r_thrust  10  
cloak  ice bender mantle  44.7  r_cold  7  dex  16  r_crush  5  r_matter  5  
jewel  Eye of the Soul Seer  72  power  9  r_cold  9  r_matter  9  r_spirit  9  
belt   Scurceol's Belt  49.3  dex  7  con  7  r_heat  10  r_cold  10  
ring   Construct Ring  57  s_body  3  s_matter  3  s_spirit  3  int  18  
ring   Energybender Ring (ROG)  42.5  r_spirit  6  r_energy  7  hits  26  int  15  
bracer Bracer of the Healthy  47.5  hits  30  r_heat  6  r_energy  6  r_slash  8  
bracer Thrustbender bracelet (RoG)  54  con  21  r_thrust  11  r_matter  5  r_body  4  
body   Defiled Petulant Robe  60  dex  21  int  21  r_body  8  r_matter  8  
arms   Defiled Petulant Sleeves 1.64  46  s_body_matter_spirit  3  dex  15  r_crush  10  r_slash  8  
hands  Defiled Petulant Gloves 1.64  46  s_body_matter_spirit  3  r_crush  10  r_thrust  8  hits  40  
legs   Defiled Petulant Pants 1.64  46  s_body_matter_spirit  3  r_body  10  r_spirit  8  hits  40  
feet   Defiled Petulant Boots  54  con  21  dex  18  int  24  hits  48  
head   Defiled Petulant Crown 1.64  56  int  15  r_thrust  8  r_slash  10  hits  40  
staff  staff  46  r_heat  10  r_energy  13   50 spirit focus 50 body focus

With Oily Rag you need a different staff and it changes a little.

T

TBF[Pazuzu]

The appliance of Science

Tremendous. I'll watch out for your findings. In fact just do your university thesis on optimizing combinations of kit in MMOPRG's. You'd be Dr DAoC. :)

O

old.Zeikerd

Just sad I bought dozens of RoGs and I only use 3 ;)

S

stighelmer

Hi Cic,

have you considered adding weights in the goal function you are maximizing? I.e. weigting e.g. matter and spirit a bit less then the other resists (in the case there is no 100% perfect solution to be found)

Nice work though, would be kewl to see the program and the formulation of the optimization problem, but mebe that's just me :D

Cheers

O

old.Zeikerd

Yes, there are weights. Spirit skill has a very low weight, int has a very high and power has nothing. The algoritm is actualy very simple. The weights is a number you get when you max something. If the weight is 100 for int, and you have a setup which gives 60 int, that setup will receave a 60/75 * 100 points. For all stats this is calculated for every combination of items. It's still doable for less than 50 items, but it gets harder and harder for every item you add.

If you have 10 rings, 8 bracers, 4 belts, 6 gems, 2 necklaces and 12 cloaks you'll have to calculate around 10 * 10 * 8 * 8 *4 * 6 * 2 * 12 combinations (some combinations are invalid (same ring in both slots) or duplicate (rings only swapped) and can be skipped). So the problem is clearly exponential and actualy NP-hard.

P

parlain

With the changes to the Paladin Suit in 1.64 I can max a template using all drops and crafted shield with either the Wraithbound Warsword or lose 2% slash and use the Fateslayer's Mandible for frontloading.

I

ilienwyn

With changes on armsman set it's easier to work from the crap it was. Problem is set caps parry and swords/shields/quest bracer with +parry are not good along with some other things because of overcapping :/

O

old.Outlaw

jeesus heurlistic formulation opti-bla I am never inviting u 2 geeks again!!!

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by old.Outlaw
jeesus heurlistic formulation opti-bla I am never inviting u 2 geeks again!!!

:help:

:wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom