Mauler spec for 8v8

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Before the snare styles boosts in all lines I'd say high Magnetism. Now Power Strikes at 50 with ASD, fumble debuff, end tap, silence and disarm for 6 seconds sounds nice.

Though 50 Magnetism for 50% matter debuff and matter LW train and all that snaring shit would be still nice and viable.

I'd say 50 Magnetism with 39 Staff or 50 Power Strikes with 39 FW both worth trying. It seems Staff complements Magnetism better than FW which seems good for Power Strikes as it brings own snaring utility.

(Always wanted to try 50 Magnetism Battlemaster Mauler and PBAoE Warlock :/...)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Role will be mainly defensive, though interesting idea with the matter leggies. Good idea with the power strikes/fw spec.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Crom the mauler as BGer in a 8v8 grp is nice but id take a warrior oer it ANY day, when train swaps to mauler they just kill him with no means to avoid it, whereas a warr has better armour shield engage rr 5 huge hits to survive.

Like u know we run with mauler but will be swapping to warr next patch.

mauler rr 5 is great but soldiers barricade 3 gives u the same thing+slam etc

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Crom the mauler as BGer in a 8v8 grp is nice but id take a warrior oer it ANY day, when train swaps to mauler they just kill him with no means to avoid it, whereas a warr has better armour shield engage rr 5 huge hits to survive.

Like u know we run with mauler but will be swapping to warr next patch.

mauler rr 5 is great but soldiers barricade 3 gives u the same thing+slam etc

Mmm, would of thought that standing around bg'in though an option wasnt generally required as your functioning to fuck any tank train up with the roots?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt work, in the 8v8 atm many grps are tank heavy so u are bound to BG alot and melee snares>>>>casted snares slam is also excellent to have and some way of clearing pets, cause pets will drive u insane

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Finding most groups are mixed tbh. But will bear comments in mind - think will still give it a go, but the squishyness does worry me.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
valgyr is correct, a warrior will perform a hell of a lot better in almost every situation.

every single tank and hybrid these days has det5, making roots on them completely useless for tank groups. in a hybrid group, a 5-10 second root is just enough to drop a tank with casters and then work on the next, but if you run a tank group you have to reliably find a way to control tanks in order to have some time to kill pets and help support

i don't know if the snarepulse is affected by det, but even if it isn't, you have to actually be on top of the tank to snare him. a warrior will be able to snare him for 23+25% seconds and leave him to crawl while you go and cc another tank, kill a pet, or whatever.

if you take a mauler over a warrior you sacrafice the most essential abilities: melee stuns (anytime 9+25% vs side 5) and melee snares (back 23+25% vs none?+0% on mauler). that, and the mauler has lower dps, lower survivability (it NEEDS purge or it will die in stuns, increasing required ra list)

all that in order to gain some fluff: 15% absorb buff, fumble debuff, unbreakable roots on respectively 5 and 10 minutes timer, twf

comparing "vital" ra's, a warrior has it easier too:

lw1-2
det5
(after that: mop4-5, maybe purge2, sb)

vs

lw1-2
purge2-3
det5 (but no stoicism...)
twf3

(after that finally some dps ra's, even though they are marginally useful on an already low dps class)

maulers are a cool class and im sure you can make it work to run with one, but really, it is far inferiour to a warrior or even thane (cc'd longer, but more dps)

and btw: manisch, the matter debuff was nerfed from 50% to 15% for the top tier

edit:

the spec i would go is:

34 staff (backstyle with cele proc, only rr6 needed for at least cap base dmg/ws)
38 magnetism (second best abs buff(15%), 69s cae root (10m reuse), 40% pulsing snare, 54s pb root (5m reuse)
32 power strikes (50% fumble debuff, 65 end tap, 120 value kick, only 2s disarm/silence, 27% asd
26 aura (self 10s bt, 25% abs buff, 24% evade, first grp hot)

for warr: 50 sword, 42 shield, ~36 hammer, rest parry with laby shield + 15% spelldur 1h rog until they patch it out

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
why is everyone obsessed with tank grps ?? its not like they are OP or smth

uneducated

Fledgling Freddie
tbh tankgrp isnt hardmode, you push hard and use lots of abilitys, and die if you meet a group able to deal with tankdamage:)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
In a full tank group I'd rather use a thane than a warr. For hybrid or caster, I'd take a warr.

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
screw mauler and get 1 bd , bd pets are a pain to kill when u have a valk in grp aswell!

BD FOR PRESIDENT!

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
50 FW after us weapon patch! Only class that has easy access to a high dmg second in chain anytime style...

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
My Mauler was pure DPs with 50 FW 34ps (50% fumble debuff) and it was ok for dueling but sucked in grp rvr. Only realy deacent mauler style in fg rvr was the behind snare but it is nowwhere near as good as warriors. I do think that a 50 mag and 44 auro rest powerstrike (having 1 in FW) might be useful in fg rvr with all the magic toys at your aid, you will be almost impossible for tanks to kill you but casters will still drop you like a schoolgirl.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Reroll a savage, much more fun than a snoozefest easymode shield tank.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Mauler IS not a key char to have in a 8vs8!

think even a hunter would be better =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom