Mau Faction !

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello all , for those of you taht have Golden Scarab vest i was wondering if you did the quests or farmed setians, if so which way you think is faster and how u farmed em :x ,
Thnx in advance

Rage

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings

Farm the setians that drop scrolls for the vest, then you get faction and scrolls at the same time =). Since you will have to farm for a long time your faction will be ok by the time scroll 2 or 3 drops. Remember to check your faction to the mobs in the village since the wandering mobs seem to be alot less friendly.

with regards
Rage

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Do the quests, trust me it is alot quicker. Remember to do both quests and repeat until faction is good.

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
farmed seth for 3 hours with cabby and they where neutral to me (the ones in the camp), others were still agro... so you need to check sometimes..

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Killed Setians for a couple hours and mau were still aggro to me, then I decided to do the quests. 1st one 4 times, 2nd one 2 times and I got neutral faction. Get a speedbot and it´s a matter of 1 hour.

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
Did this the other day. Quests are so bad you'll want to stick needles in your eyes if you don't have speed. Farm setians at the camps, get the scrolls and the faction at the same time and if you already have any arti's that level in ToA (Mariasha's Gloves, winged helm,etc) level them at same time too!

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
i just killed setians looking for scrolls occasionally checking Mau faction, careful tho dont check faction with the Mau's that dwell just outside Stygia. because they will be aggro, go to mau village and check there, I found that i was aggro to Mau's in general but neutral to those at mau village.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Killed Setians for a couple hours and mau were still aggro to me, then I decided to do the quests. 1st one 4 times, 2nd one 2 times and I got neutral faction. Get a speedbot and it´s a matter of 1 hour.

after 6 attempts still wasn't neutral ;)

another half hour of setian killing woulda probably done it for you :)

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Just alittle info that might prevent wasted time, dont farm setians in a group or with ya chanter/animist while ya rogue sits and watches, the only one that'll become friendly to mau's is the dmg dealer. But be the main attacker or just kill setians with a buffbot and the faction will change in a few hours.

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Well here is the problem , My RL m8 a while ago used me in grp with his chanter to Farm Mau to get scrols , unkowning to him i was gonna get Gsv ( THX BREKAHN), And now my faction is terrible , i spent about 12 hours doing quests now , and no faction ,

And if the Dmg dealer is the only one who gets faction i play a bard how will that work :x

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
SirDystic said:
Quests are so bad you'll want to stick needles in your eyes
Needles no :x try Telephone Poles and not in the eye eother ;o use ur imagionation ,
When i do get faction , i am gonna get 20 Ani's and kill the whole camp , and the all the Mau Nomads outta smite

Softy

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorwyn[B&Q]

Flimgoblin said:
after 6 attempts still wasn't neutral ;)

another half hour of setian killing woulda probably done it for you :)

Amazing....this is Daoc in a nutshell. It sure is a fun game isn't it ?
They really must have put some serious thought when creating/desining there quests.
Recipe for a Daoc standard quest:
Distance, long and very timeconsuming and lets make them do the same thing over and over again.....great fun !

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
GSV is - designwise - far better than the other artis where people are "forced" to just sit hours and hours waiting for Ermai to spawn.

Softy

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
GSV is - designwise - far better than the other artis where people are "forced" to just sit hours and hours waiting for Ermai to spawn.

Eeeh, does that make the Mau stupidity more enjoyable ?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
eh, people had to camp gsv aswell because it had very long poptime sometimes and it was insanely popular at the start of toa

Softy

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
eh, people had to camp gsv aswell because it had very long poptime sometimes and it was insanely popular at the start of toa

Ahh the beauty of Daoc. . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom