Matter or spirit caba in NF?

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
atm I condier respecing back to 50 matter / 20 body when NF is here.
My current spec is 46 spirit / 28 body

I reckon there will be alot of keep fights and i love to aoe dot / aoe decease people =P

Any opinions?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Matter for first month or so which will probably have alot of keep fights, then back to spirit when things calm down a bit.

IMHO of course :)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Don't spec matter please, still having nightmares about Cerdin's AE dot frenzy back in the good days of Odin's warfare. `;)

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
But wont grp cure disease now make matter less viable ?

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I need to attend some dragon raids, but Matter for the start of NF, then after a month or so, back to Spirit spec :)
AoE dot for the win :p just leeching and leeching :)
Used to that with a scout.
Regards, Glottis :wub:

46 Matter 28 Body

50 matter is pointless unless your gonna be a FoP farm bot for high lvl mobs.
You only miss out on 1 spec DOT and tbh the diff in Dmg aint that much and it dont stack with AOE anyway...

i expect to see a lot of matter cabs in NF for a few weeks, and alos a lot of whines about it too =)

Grp cure disease wont really affect it... AOE Disease / AOE dot combos with the right RA's will tear you a new asshole before you have time to cast it.. and can u say Emerald sim pet interrupt on Healers? DOT interrupts on every tick making it impossible for the healer to cure or heal anyone before its too late.. aslong as pet has a few secs to land its DOT/disease your screwed for roughly 20 secs.. and suprise thats how long your AOE dot hits for.

People also say SoR will negate AOE DOT... tbh i doubt it.. most peoples instinct when DOT'd is to run the opposite direction.. to avoid being spammed... all that interupt going on is gonna make matter a very popular spec i believe.. also a much whined about one. :clap:

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
if i respec it will be 50 matter / 20 body
(its my old spec)
and yup...its for farming as well =P

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Im currently 25m/34b/33s , a spec that someone posted a while back and i thought id try.
Been 46 spirit and 28 body aswell but i find the spec i am now alot better (probably cos i dont run in debuff groups at all) and nearsight is nice.
But im definetly gonna try matter for a while in NF then respec to whatever i feel best suits how NF pans out. :)

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
group cure + heal field => worthless matter aoedot.

Juggernaut 3 + spirit cabby buffs=> lvl 70 stun proccing pet inc at speed 6..... it looks huge to. get the other ability which makes your pet purge the CC and you'll see the ennemie fleeing........ imagine 3 of those + 3 sorcs + 2 clerics ....... it's rampage allready......

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
group cure + heal field => worthless matter aoedot.

Juggernaut 3 + spirit cabby buffs=> lvl 70 stun proccing pet inc at speed 6..... it looks huge to. get the other ability which makes your pet purge the CC and you'll see the ennemie fleeing........ imagine 3 of those + 3 sorcs + 2 clerics ....... it's rampage allready......
already considered juggernaut, still aoe dot is not worthless as u say imo.
not allways u stand in a healfield and so on.
NOt sure however, does every tick interupt or just first one?
if all interupts, then thats good too =)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Maoni said:
NOt sure however, does every tick interupt or just first one?
For a cabalist: just the first.

From what I remember necros (painworking) PBAE DoTs interrupt on every tick still - but since theres no painworking necros noone cares ;)

aye just the first tick, but the wise cabalist picks out the healer first then dot's then sends pet onto healer... in the case of the emerald simu they CANT group heal anyone for 20secs after his DOT hits.. thats a shit load of interrupt from 1 person.. forcing them to either purge or die.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
Don't spec matter please, still having nightmares about Cerdin's AE dot frenzy back in the good days of Odin's warfare. `;)

oh yes, those keep seiges were glorious

Methos

Loyal Freddie
any AoE DOT AoE disease fights will be somewhat diminished by healfonts and cure group disease/spreadheal.

Humo

Fledgling Freddie
i'd go matter, if you check the templates made today , most(90+%) have <10% matter.
get 10% pierce and you'll hit cap on everyone without resits.
ignore the healfields, aoe dot interrupts & does damage so it'll give you rps .
combined with desease and nearsight . matter cabalist = ulitmate keepdefender after acher .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom