Matter Cabalist Question

D

Danamyr

I've read an increasing number of posts about using Matter Cabalists for either getting to Lvl 50 fairly quickly, or having a Lvl 50 to PL other classes.

I have looked at the spell list on Catacombs, and really can't understand how they'd be any good for PL. The Matter line has a pet focus shield which is superb, but the line has no PBAOE, just an AOE DOT.

How would you play this class to PL, because it seems to me that you'd need a PBAOE Ice Wiz or 3 to make best use of the pet's focus shield.

Or am I missing something completely obvious? :)

F

Flimgoblin

you don't focus pull to PL with it ;)

you send the pet into a pack of about 100 blues and aoe dot them three times.

:)

D

Danamyr

LMAO - so is it easy to get one to Lvl 50 solo in this manner then?

Does the AOE DOT pull aggro on the caster?

The XP must be awesome providing that you can find camps for each level :)

S

Sibanac

There are a few camps along the way, not for every level, but a matter cabby is a good solo class that can chain oj's with little or no downtime.

basic trick for aoe pull is :

send pet in aggro mobs with focus shield.
drop shield aoe dot, aoe dot agian just before pet dies, run 20 secs, /face qc aoe dot run, pick up the loot

F

-Freezingwiz-

nah ....

send pet ind...

AE dot
AE disease
AE dot
run 2-3 ticks
/face AE dot
run again
if there is anything left AE dot again :)

disease slow them aswell :)

works well with a lvl 50 cabalist @ gobbos
(46 matter, 28 body, rest spirit)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
nah ....

send pet ind...

AE dot
AE disease
AE dot
run 2-3 ticks
/face AE dot
run again
if there is anything left AE dot again :)

disease slow them aswell :)

works well with a lvl 50 cabalist @ gobbos
(46 matter, 28 body, rest spirit)

problem is at lower levels (46) you will have to be full matter witch leaves you with a signle target disease

D

Danamyr

Hmmm...I am considering moving back to Euro DAoC (in the US ATM on MLF), and am going to roll either a Necro or Matter Cabby on Alb Excal.

Cannot decide which to go for. Which is better suited for getting to Lvl 50 fairly quickly, and being a good PL character?

I suspect that a Necro will probably be faster to Lvl 50, but a Cabby will be better for PL - is that right?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Danamyr
Does the AOE DOT pull aggro on the caster?

overload.jpg

Q

quinthar

Hmmm...I am considering moving back to Euro DAoC (in the US ATM on MLF), and am going to roll either a Necro or Matter Cabby on Alb Excal.

Cannot decide which to go for. Which is better suited for getting to Lvl 50 fairly quickly, and being a good PL character?

I suspect that a Necro will probably be faster to Lvl 50, but a Cabby will be better for PL - is that right?

cabi's come in to their own for PL at 46+ 46 is not really high enough but if yer determined then I guess its doable.

I would say pl is quicker with cabi, getting to 50 is quicker with a necro, you need to put more effort into getting the cabi to high 40's tho.

So yes ;)

X

xevius

What you need a PL character for to start with?
Role a character you gonna play tbh :p

Oh and if you dont intend to be one of them annoying ress beging ones in lyonesse plz bring your own buffbot.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by xevius
Oh and if you dont intend to be one of them annoying ress beging ones in lyonesse plz bring your own buffbot.
Haha, well spoken, O King of Lyonesse. ;)

D

Danamyr

What you need a PL character for to start with?
Role a character you gonna play tbh :p

Because (obviously) if I have to start again from scratch I won't have a bucket to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of. Rolling a character that can get to Lvl 50 fast without need equipment at all other than a new staff from time to time is entirely sensible IMHO. Once the Necro/Cabby is Lvl 50 I can /lvl any other character I want in this Realm or on Prydwen, thus saving a lot of work.

Don't sweat it - I'll be buying two accounts. I will roll a Cleric on the other and go full Enhance until Lvl 40, then respec to 40 Rejuv/35 Enhance. That will be the character I'll be playing all the time. Sweet heals and decent buffs.

That's if it's alright with you of course? ;)

F

Feya

necro faster to pwl with and faster and cheaper to level on

end of story

Faya

50 cabby and necro

X

xevius

Because (obviously)

That's if it's alright with you of course? ;)

I`ll think about it and let you know

D

Danamyr

I`ll think about it and let you know

Please say hello to Ross for me if he still plays. He had a Lvl 50 Arms in SS (can't recall the character's name, think it was 'Vuwen' or similar), and a buff bot called 'Buffyoulongtime'.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Doubt you will find a spot to lvl your cabby passed lvl 46.
Xevius owns Lyonesse you see.
And Gwyddneau...
Infact, he owns the whole server.
Only because he is too busy pling in Lyonesse and Gwydd, does he allow others to play in the other zones.
A necro is the best bet, takes about 6 days to 50, maybe 10 if grouped with the cleric and both done at the same time.
Regards, Glottis

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
And Gwyddneau...
Only because he is too busy pling in Lyonesse and Gwydd, does he allow others to play in the other zones.
A necro is the best bet, takes about 6 days to 50, maybe 10 if grouped with the cleric and both done at the same time.
Regards, Glottis

Thanks Glottis.

I've had problems finding a supplier for the Classic & Shrouded Isles discs. Managed to order one set from a UK online retailer (Amazon were out unfortunately), and hopefully they'll be here tomorrow in preperation for tomorrow night.

6 days isn't bad to 50 solo, but I can see I'll group at some point - just for banter in group chat if nothing else.

Really looking forward to returning to Alb/Excal. I was playing Alb/Lancelot last night, and it was kinda...weird ;)

There's no doubting the fact that US DAoC is a vastly better run and polished product, but I miss Euro DAoC and I'm coming home :)

See you all soon!

B

belth

You can propably get the necro to 50 in 5 days or less if you're grouped with the bot, the change from non-botted to botted is quite large... That is, if you can find any free camps.

X

xevius

And Gwyddneau...
Regards, Glottis

cry me a river lol
what a looser :p
Imagine you getting 1 cent each time you had to whine glottFIS :)

X

xevius

Please say hello to Ross for me if he still plays. He had a Lvl 50 Arms in SS (can't recall the character's name, think it was 'Vuwen' or similar), and a buff bot called 'Buffyoulongtime'.

yah he still plays. Drop by our forum and say hello :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

cry me a river lol
what a looser :p
Imagine you getting 1 cent each time you had to whine glottFIS :)

Imagine you getting 1 cent each time you did not steal a camped spot or would not be a greedy tit.
You would be way richer than me.
Regards, Glottis

X

xevius

Imagine you getting 1 cent each time you did not steal a camped spot or would not be a greedy tit.
You would be way richer than me.
Regards, Glottis

Have a nice time in your imaginary world ;)
Where whine is worth gold....

D

Danamyr

Whoa! Feel the hostility!

Keep it nice guys - I didn't really want my thread to turn into handbags at 20 paces ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom