Matrix online - a new mmorpg

S

solothores

Hope there are enough ppl to play all that stuff out there somewhen ^^

K

katt!

they are slowly approaching starwars in the "get as much money out of it as possible" section

A

Archeon

and i thought there were enough '1337' black-dye boys in Emain, just imaging it

Archeon: So your N302993? what colours your armour?
N302993: Black
Archeon: I see... any other colours?
N302993: Nope, just black
Archeon: Any reason for that?
N302993: It looks cool
Archeon: Hmm... ok, moving on. What are your goals in the game?
n302993: To become the one, and stop bullets, and do morris dancing style combat
Archeon: Morris Dancing?
N302993: Yeah, you know the bit where hes running arround on the poll kicking the guys?
Archeon: The guys in black?
n302993: Yeah!
Archeon: Just curious but can you wear any other colour besides black?
n302993: I dunno, why would you want too?
Archeon: To look unique?
n302993: I do look unique!!
Archeon: No, you look like an idiot with a baggy coat
<N302993 uses kung-fu on your ass>
<You ignore the effect>
Archeon: Whatever, i'm gonna go eat some cake
n302993: The cake doesn't exist, its all in your mind!!
Archeon: Well i was going to invite you to come, but if your anti-cake it just means more for me
n302993: THERE IS NO SPOON!!!!
Archeon: No shit, what idiot would use a spoon to eat cake

Don't get me wrong, i liked the matrix and i plan to go see reloaded and revolutions... but still a game like that is going to attract a seriously large number of 1337 boys.

P.s. no offense 1337 boys, you just get on my nerves. Nothing more

S

SoulFly Amarok

That's the next MMORPG I am going to play -_-

T

Tobold

has more going for it than other ones

carries on the matrix trilogy, could be quite fun
and i don't think anyone will be able to reach 'the one' level, kind of god-like

think it gets a Matrix>Starwars

A

Amanita

Originally posted by Archeon
and i thought there were enough '1337' black-dye boys in Emain

At least they will be there and not the LoTR one :)

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by Tobold
and i don't think anyone will be able to reach 'the one' level, kind of god-like

Matrix Online FAQ:

"05. Can I be The One?
Maybe you should ask The Oracle that question."

^^

O

old.Tohtori

With the cash behind that, the wakky borthers and WB that is one well funded game.

If i had to bet my money on any future game release...it had to be this.

Also i like the world of Matrix, finally a game that is in the year 1999 :p

T

the_fnord

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
With the cash behind that, the wakky borthers and WB that is one well funded game.

If i had to bet my money on any future game release...it had to be this.

Also i like the world of Matrix, finally a game that is in the year 1999 :p

Loads of cash doesn't ensure a good game tho.... :rolleyes:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by the_fnord
Loads of cash doesn't ensure a good game tho.... :rolleyes:

Yes. I do know that :D

Just saying, if they have a good team behind it with all that mula...wait for an excellent game. Just like WoW seems to become..

Well..not to mention that WoW looks like candy and the "new threat!" with little fluffy horsies made me chuckle instead of shiver :D

T

tripitaka

Clones

Well, i get to beta test SWG, so thats my next MMORPG, but ill give Matrixonline a try too, just to see what its like. Won't be as good as DAOC or SWG in my opinion - its gonna be a slightly better than Neocron/Anarchy Online Clone.

M

Meatballs

"Bullet time" etc probably not be possible on an online game, and however they implement the kung-fu stylee moves you know it'll always be rather naff.

F

Feac_

Re: Clones

if u are getting to beta test SWG it will make u realise not to cancel your DAOC until something good comes out :)

Originally posted by tripitaka
Well, i get to beta test SWG, so thats my next MMORPG, but ill give Matrixonline a try too, just to see what its like. Won't be as good as DAOC or SWG in my opinion - its gonna be a slightly better than Neocron/Anarchy Online Clone.

B

beck-uk

Im sure matrix online will be more like planetside than DAoC. So more FPS action and I guess the kung fu will be implemented like 'enter the matrix' game.

The bullet time is rather tricky in a online game due to the fact that time would have to slow down for everyone which would be silly. so maybe when you click the bullet time button , time just slows down for you and those within a certain distance of you and you all can go kung fu crazy in slow motion.

D

deffy

Isn't the point of bullet time that your character moves so fast it has to be slowed down so you can play it? I would assume that means when you use bullet time you acutally speed up in other players views and they would have to use their bullet time to keep up with you, but that would make it difficult to play and a bit pointless. Theres nothing really wrong with the idea, but you'd have to be a genius to make bullet time work in a multi-player game, let alone an mmorpg.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Of course, Sony and George Lucas are a bit skint these days :eek7:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

There is only one bullet time game and that is Max Payne...with the kung fu add on. :D

Classic.

Might dig it up and play it again. :)

It will be more fun than killing god damn fishermen with my necro, that's for sure. :)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Of course, Sony and George Lucas are a bit skint these days :eek7:

Ofcourse i didn't mention SW:G, PS or WoW for this is a Matrix discussion :p

Any game with a movie license(?) is a "possible" hit but it's also the downside. Hardcore fans and hardcore flamers.

Now why i think Matrix might work better then the others?

Wachikowaskis brothers are like those damn Super Mario Brothers. Their just insane about their own idea (granted so am i) and even if Sony is funding PS and Lucas is funding SW:G...i doubt they still are going to watch over the game process and see that even the plot is right.

Sony is a big comp and most games come out that tube. This means Sony is paying for it but also has their playstation spoons in every other soup out there.

Lucas -might- pop by to see how SW:G is coming along but there's a ton of SW games out there and most of them..well..burger movie game as we've seen. In other words not good when it's just slapped with the name.

Now the Wannaluuski Borthers did watch over the Matrix game that is coming out between Reloaded and Resolutions. And i'm betting my money that when they make a huge scale game like Matrix online they want to make sure everything is well with their child.

Ofcourse then we have WoW which is Blizzards child..funded by those rich sons o b's and also checked by thoselucky sods. It has possibly the best(after Matrix in my opinion) chances of fighting in the MMORPG genre.

And let's not forget the newcomer, EVE. 6 years in the making, no rushing from the devs, no pressure from the publisher. This might be another MaxPayne(hype sellsand so does finishing touches) or it might be another flipflop over done easy game that we know ass AO.

*breathes*

Ok..i think i'm done :p

T

The Fonz

Having just played the new Matrix game for XBox, I can tell you all that you shouldn't get too excited about another Matrix game.

Those brothers really know how to make a film, I think they forgot to show up on the day they where teaching game design.

Max Payne with Matrix mod > Enter the Matrix.

V

vestax

Do you think that's air your breathing?!?

I know Kung-fu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

my 2 best lines from the film, giv Matrix mmorpg

N

Nightchill

curious to see how bullet time will be done in a mmorpg.

T

The Fonz

Maybe bullet time will be triggered by certain moves which you perform that slows down combat between you and whoever you are engaged in battle with. Everyone else see's you going really fast.

So if someone shoots you and you have the 'dodge bullet skill' or something along those lines, your game will slow down as you fall to the ground backwards but to everyone else it just looks like you fell backwards really fast. When you come out of bullet time your surroundings are updated.

Personally, I don't believe the setting is correct for a MMORPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom