Help Maths and Electric.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have just bought an electricity usage metre thingy. It basically tells you how much leccy you are using. Now for it to work properly it is asking for the cost of my electric . It wants to know what we pay per KW per hour.

Is there a way of working this out with the following figures -

277.00 kilowatt hours over 15 days

First 21 kilowatt at 21.082 pence Next 256 kilowatts at 7.655 pence.

Any help appreciated as ringing British Gas will just make me kill myself.

Trem

Its the same I'm being thick (major edit in case you think I'm mental)

Many thanks DaG, appreciated.

One more question and this one is bad because I really should know this but the sparky maths just got on my tits so I didn't take it in.

On the gadget it says 'The display is to 3 decimal places for greater accuracy. I.E 10.5 pence per unit is displayed as £0.105.'

So going off the worked out figure how would that be entered into the unit?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just calculate the average Trem, although it will obviously increase slightly as you use less energy.

How to Calculate the Mean Value

Don't worry about the different values too much, just add the total units together and use that number to divide the bill.

Trem

Just calculate the average Trem, although it will obviously increase slightly as you use less energy.

How to Calculate the Mean Value

Don't worry about the different values too much, just add the total units together and use that number to divide the bill.

Ignore me, Samm has sorted it out. She worked out the mean value and it came to the same as DaG's.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So by doing that I got 14.365 (I think, I cleared the calculator).

So are you saying I should enter that figure? It does look lots higher than DaG's calculation.

If so, again, how would I enter that into the gadget?

Ignore Tom, that's not the way to do it. You've just got the mean of 21.082 and 7.655 there, which doesn't account for different volumes at different rates (about 7.6% is at the high rate, and the rest at the lower rate). As it happens there is a wee difference between the initial way you said was broken down, and the way you said in the edited post; but either way it pretty much comes out at £0.087.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck off, it's Friday FFS !!!! \o/ :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom