match reports

G

g-shock

would it b at all possible for the match admins 2 maybe do a match report. it would b nice 2 c how the other matches in the division went and other divisions :)

B

blunt^

yea but what id like to know is how Rogue1 keeps track of all the games/divisions, He always has an accurate report on every game/division. nice1 m8 :)

R

RogueOne

I keep an accurate record of the divisions by being around on all league nights so I can see what's happening and having the resutls in front of me when I write my roundup :)

I've been trying to expand the roundups further this season, bringing in other admins to help me out with them. For obvious reasons, I can't do detailed match reports for games myself, since I don't actually admin them. However, now that several divisions have been placed under the control of other admins, such as Ivan and Rippers, these guys have started hassling the match admins for more detailed reports and we should hopefully see more and more of these appearing over the coming weeks.

G

g-shock

i still think it would b great if there was an individual match report 4 each game.... maybe next season :)

B

blunt^

yea would be good if each clan could submit a report of the game, im sure it wouldnt be too hard to add this option to the site :)

R

RogueOne

I agree that match reports of every game would be nice, but there are a few problems with this. Basically, the reports have to be done by either the admins or the players.

If the admins do it, it's a lot more work for an already somewhat over-stretched admin team. On league nights, admins often get no more than a few minutes break between adminning games and I can understand perfectly well that some of them may not want to spend this time writing reports.

If the players do it, we run into problems of impartiality. I'm not willing to allow the BWCSL site or ActionNation to be used by disgruntled players to slander or accuse other clans. Sure, most of the match reports would probably be fine, but the risk factor remains too high to my mind. In addition, there's no guarantee that every clan would *want* to submit a report.

For the moment, we'll stick to the current scheme, whereby we prefer it if admins can give us a match report, but where this isn't a requirement. With increasingly large chunks of the ActionNation roundup being delegated to other admins, the total amount of time which is spent on it by people is rising considerably.

B

blunt^

The players shouldnt have access to bwcsl/action nation site to directly post a match report but maybe to submit a report for an admin to check and then they can then accept/decline the report. Each clan should have 1 account and have 1 report from each team a game. I know it might be a bit more work for admins to have to check thru these reports but would be nice to have match reports :)

I

Ivan.

I do the weekly roundups for Divisions 3B, 3C and 4B....if any of the clans from these divisions want to submit match reports to me I will be happy to try and incorporate some of them into the roundup. I am [KOBK]Ivan on IRC and can be found in #bwcsl most of the time :).

Users who are viewing this thread