Mastery of Concentration

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
Grants a 100% bonus to avoid being interrupted by any form of attack when casting a spell. The effect of the spell cast will be reduced to the percentages listed. level 1 -- 25% level 2 -- 50% level 3 -- 75%
e.g. when you in moc3 your mezz's duration/nuke dmg bascially any form of negative magic effect on enemy target will be reduced to 75% of the original output.
but what about buff shear. you can buff shear during moc just as same as when you r not on moc. It's the only exception i can find according to the idea of MoC. discuss.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Buffshears are binary effects and are therefore not affected by the nerf in effectiveness MOC gives.

So basically every shaman above RR2 can do its job now every 10 mins for 30 seconds without fear of interruption as effective as normally; all that for 5 points.

Think also resurrects arent effected by MOC. And Im guessing disease is still same; perhaps abit shorter duration but who cares about that when it has no immunity :/

staj

Banned
maybe use resist rates for buff sheering insteed?

Moc1: 75% resist rate
Moc2: 50% resist rate
Moc3: 25% resist rate

would be fair imo.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
staj said:
maybe use resist rates for buff sheering insteed?

Moc1: 75% resist rate
Moc2: 50% resist rate
Moc3: 25% resist rate

would be fair imo.

/agree

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
hm like i said in a thread a while ago, give moc also a reduced chance to interrupt people. moc1 = 25% chance to interrupt etc :p

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Buffshears are binary effects and are therefore not affected by the nerf in effectiveness MOC gives.

So basically every shaman above RR2 can do its job now every 10 mins for 30 seconds without fear of interruption as effective as normally; all that for 5 points.
You're wrong!

Buff-shears are effected by your level of moc, but not in the matter you think.
When you shear a person you got a chance of doing a surten amount of damage to the target.
This damage is just around 45-50 without moc.
That damage is reduced by your level of moc.
Sure you might not find it fear since you will still remove the buff from the target, and the damage even before moc was allready insignificent, it's still a reducement.
And no, a shaman in moc can not do their job, because root is reduced by your level of moc aswell.

-Inwe-

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
You're wrong!

When you shear a person you got a chance of doing a surten amount of damage to the target.
Sure you might not find it fear since you will still remove the buff from the target, and the damage even before moc was allready insignificent, it's still a reducement.
And no, a shaman in moc can not do their job, because root is reduced by your level of moc aswell.

-Inwe-

yea ae-disease, buffshears, ae-dot etc are totally useless (perma interrupting a good couple of ppl, stripping their buffs off for 30seconds...). Shaman can do his job properly with the expection of root wont last that long,,, oh such a big problem.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
yea ae-disease, buffshears, ae-dot etc are totally useless (perma interrupting a good couple of ppl, stripping their buffs off for 30seconds...). Shaman can do his job properly with the expection of root wont last that long,,, oh such a big problem.

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??
Against a tank grp you rly want your root to hold as long as it possibly can, it is not only used as a way of interrupting.
Isn't the damage on buffshear removed for certain realms and lowered for others? Think I read it in sum patchnote, and anyhow the dmg is just som small extra... the thing is to remove the buff which it does. Though being at 25% effect for 30 secs can be very bad if the situation aint right.
And /hug Inwe btw! :clap:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Summoner said:
You're wrong!

Hmm, so you do damage with shears? I thought that was the druid-unique thing with shears. Shamans get faster cast-time, clerics get longer range, druids get damage. If you get damage as shaman I feel totally neglected as druid :(

And the damage I do on shears on druid is like 50~. I would instantly trade my damage-component away for longer range or faster-castspeed. Damage is stupid from any PoV because it also breaks roots

After rooting your primary job is mostly (IMO) rebuffing, rezzing at times and interrupting. All those tasks are working fine with MOC1. I have yet to see a shaman with MOC3 :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Shatar said:
Against a tank grp you rly want your root to hold as long as it possibly can, it is not only used as a way of interrupting.
Isn't the damage on buffshear removed for certain realms and lowered for others? Think I read it in sum patchnote, and anyhow the dmg is just som small extra... the thing is to remove the buff which it does. Though being at 25% effect for 30 secs can be very bad if the situation aint right.
And /hug Inwe btw! :clap:

shamans job to press that god damn moc when the situation is right. Bit odd come back from a rr10 shaman regarding this issue tbh. [the one which is quoted by puppet also]

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
shamans job to press that god damn moc when the situation is right. Bit odd come back from a rr10 shaman regarding this issue tbh. [the one which is quoted by puppet also]
I think inwe is pointing out that a shamans job is not only buffshearing and interrupting and that it's not just as soon as you can press moc1 and all your dreams come true. I agree that a shammy is probably the class that perhaps has the most use of moc1 but in no way do I agree that it's all they need to do to win or whatever.
Back on topic I do agree that the resists ratio could be a good idea for it.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
MoC is saldom needed on shaman; and personaly im far from abusing moc every 10mins for buff shearing.

MoC is mostly needed for massive interruption (i.e.add during fight, cc is lost etc), makes no sense to use ae shears for ae interrupt purpose as it's 150 radius (ae root is 350 and ae disease is 400).

PS. Dorin is not about to understand the role of shaman in group anyways...

- Bouhh - :)

Kais

Banned
moc1 on theurgists is really balanced too.

edit: bouh and inwe pretty much covered everything in their posts, but i'll tell you something, in 4 hours play yesterday I used moc twice.

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:
*shudder* Now that would be nasty indeed, well at leats not any 700-800+ spririt nukes for 30 secs.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
Shatar said:
Against a tank grp you rly want your root to hold as long as it possibly can
Who cares about not being able to root for full duration? The chance of a root lasting anywhere near duration is practically zero anyway, assuming you can even land one on a high RR tank.

As a tank, buff shears are more of a problem to me than root will ever be.

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
1st of all, this is not a whine about shaman moc buffshear. I certainly didn't mention any realm particularly in the discussion.
anyone who came here to defend/emphasis that shaman moc buffshear is "fair", i don't know what to say :D maybe subconsciously you do think that your own realm's buffshearer is a bit lame.
i agree with the idea of decrease the chance of buffshear landing when u r moc.

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
Who cares about not being able to root for full duration? The chance of a root lasting anywhere near duration is practically zero anyway, assuming you can even land one on a high RR tank.

As a tank, buff shears are more of a problem to me than root will ever be.
Who cares you wonder? Well any good shaman I guess. I see no problem with landing a root on a high rr tank, as I have seen rr11 tanks/support/whatever be mezzed, rooted, snared and suchlike.
I agree with lire, but shaman is also one of the few classes that can spec high enuff to get some really good buff shears and not lose shitloads of utility. But even if we all now agree that the chance of it landing should be decreased by the MoC effectivity, how would we ever get mythic to see reason?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
It's silly since buffshears arent affected by moc, exept in the damage that's crap anyway.

When it comes to shears, most of the ae stuff is totally useless cause of the measly radius, so st shears are what you use most of time anyway.

and I've noticed that 90% of the time it's just better to go oldschool itnerrupting than shears.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
But only 150 radius as opposed to 350 for root and 400 for disease which has been mentioned already.

Lireihuan

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
But only 150 radius as opposed to 350 for root and 400 for disease which has been mentioned already.
talking about the reduced effect under MoC when u buffshear. not which spell is the best for aoe interrupt.

Kwidz

Fledgling Freddie
Kais said:

moc1 and ice/wind pets lasts for 7 secs, they are dead before they interuppt the target ^^

and earthpets 15 secs yay nerf moc1 on theurgs!!

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
^
but shears interrupt too ;d

everything is good vs caster with insta interrupt ;)

i've just recalled from the memmory how often i had to moc in OF cos ench was "debuffing my melee dmg" ^_^

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
PS. Dorin is not about to understand the role of shaman in group anyways...
- Bouhh - :)

aye, the supporters of the "holy crap, moc1 kills my root so it sooks" are right.
ps.: iam perfectly in picture what a shaman's role in a grp :[

dont foul yourself :p anyways, not - shammies/mids kinda share similar views about this, so tata :p

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
I have MoC 1 on healer, only for interrut. But sometimes u can do rezzs, demez, buff, amnesia,... all work 100%

mmm 75% ressist buffshear, then 75% ressist for NS? :wanker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom