Mastery Of Blocking

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Pre-New Frontiers, Mastery of Blocking 1 was needed to make the game take into account your dex when blocking, I believe. So it was often a good idea to get MoB1 even if you didn't want to be a block bot.

Can anyone tell me if this is still the case?

Cheers.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
You don't need it really in NF.

Because of:

A) Bodyguard

B) No Tank Groups to fight

Could be only usefull if you solo alot.

The Dex thingie has nothing to do with the RA. The Ra only raise you chance to block by the given percent.

Could you tell me what Class you are?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
You don't need it really in NF.

Because of:

A) Bodyguard

B) No Tank Groups to fight

Could be only usefull if you solo alot.

The Dex thingie has nothing to do with the RA. The Ra only raise you chance to block by the given percent.

Could you tell me what Class you are?

Kinda disagree here - Bodyguard doesn't protect against arrows which are the main source of difficulties for casters in NF (in sieges at least). MoB is a huge help in guarding a caster from arrows.

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Pre-New Frontiers, Mastery of Blocking 1 was needed to make the game take into account your dex when blocking, I believe. So it was often a good idea to get MoB1 even if you didn't want to be a block bot.

Can anyone tell me if this is still the case?

Cheers.

You needed MoB for your dex to affect blocking if you didn't have shield-spec. If you can spec shield, then dex will affect your blocking allready. So in theory if you don't have shield-spec you would need MoB now, but Mythic in all it's wisdom have set the RA to be for "all classes that can spec shield", so that precious dex-modifier is out of reach the rest.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Kinda disagree here - Bodyguard doesn't protect against arrows which are the main source of difficulties for casters in NF (in sieges at least). MoB is a huge help in guarding a caster from arrows.

Well i play a S/S Hero and it makes no difference against Arrows if i have no MoB or MoB4 (Pre NF). Maybe more usefull for someone who can't spec Shield but has the access to the MoB RA. (Which only have Classes who can spec into Shield now according to Harles post)

For someone who can spec into Shield shouldn't waste his Points with MoB. And if you think MoB is a huge help against guarding Casters from Arrows then you are doing something wrong. :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
For someone who can spec into Shield shouldn't waste his Points with MoB. And if you think MoB is a huge help against guarding Casters from Arrows then you are doing something wrong. :p

I play both a Paladin and a selection of cloth wearing pin cushions....erm casters. And I sure see the difference when I am guarded by someone with and without MoB'ing.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
I play both a Paladin and a selection of cloth wearing pin cushions....erm casters. And I sure see the difference when I am guarded by someone with and without MoB'ing.

Tell me where the difference is. I go out to guard a Caster with No mob and i block all Arrows for him. No matter how many. Now i go out with MoB5 and block all arrows for him. No matter how many.

Why the hell should i spec MoB?

Accept the truth!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Never mind! Must have been thinking of my thane :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
probably depends on what your spec is - 50 shield probably won't need mob to block arrows from most archers.

that said guard seems to work differently to normal blocking - wouldn't be surprised if guard blocked all arrows from the front even with 15 shield spec (guard 3)

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
that said guard seems to work differently to normal blocking - wouldn't be surprised if guard blocked all arrows from the front even with 15 shield spec (guard 3)

You got the Point!

unitedkingdom0012tv.jpg

Light

Loyal Freddie
:m00:
Icebreaker said:
You got the Point!

unitedkingdom0012tv.jpg

thats bit of a gay medal tbh ;)

(awaits next response to say that i probably deserve it then .. such funneh mofos on fh :m00: )

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Light said:
:m00:

thats bit of a gay medal tbh ;)

(awaits next response to say that i probably deserve it then .. such funneh mofos on fh :m00: )

Thats the Victoria Cross from the United Kingdom!!!!1111Medal

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
incidentally MoB is handy if the archers are shooting _you_.

Pbaoer with buffed-to-tits guardbot guarding them - 30 pygmys won't land much at all if they're aggroing the caster.

If the tank somehow got the aggro they get mauled ;)

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Tell me where the difference is. I go out to guard a Caster with No mob and i block all Arrows for him. No matter how many. Now i go out with MoB5 and block all arrows for him. No matter how many.

Why the hell should i spec MoB?

Accept the truth!

Some pallies only spec 42 shield, to get more chants or maybe even weapon..i dunno :-P

I any case, some arcehrs can summon arrows that has a +hit which makes it tougher to block em, as the normal arrows don´t have any to hit bonus.

I like my extra mob aswell, when infils jump you, or when a train is on a target...then again, im not BM ^^

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i have mob 3 with my hero solamnus. And i can count the number of times i have been hit by arrows on my hand:p
If that comes of the fact i have mob 3 im not totally sure of. But it works fine for me:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom