Master Level Encounters

Niffnuff

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there fellow daoc players,

I got quite a story to tell and before I start I want you to know that english is not my mothertongue and therefore there might be some minor( or even big) mistakes in there.

In the beginning I try to retell the story without any personal evaluation...

Well, my story is about farming ml encounters. My sister and I were farming ml 1.1 today and we haven't actually started (about 2runs) when a another minstrel with bb turned up. I was kind of upset and said to my sister that she should go as close to the starting npc as possible to restart in case he was attempting to "steal" the encounter.
After all, he did. Without saying a word, he just started the encounter. My sister also tried to do so, but in the end we weren't exactly sure who was first anyway. At this time the minstrel already started to pull. My sister and I were both really angry. I tried to pm him, asking what he was about to do. He just said, that it is not against the coc and quite common. As he was pulling the last mob I was kind of desperate and in this situation I clearly overreacted and started to kill the last mob with my sister, having in mind that it was not clear who started the encounter. After all, this was stupid and I was angry to not have stayed calm.
Afterwards, the minstrel was telling me that he took screenshots and will try to get me banned from the game, claiming to be the one who started the encounter first.
My sister and I were both so upset that we left the encounter to him...

Well, that's about what happened. Now I'd like to comment on it.
First of all I hate flaming people or telling names, so I will not name the minstrel. If he has the courage to try and discuss this matter private or in publicity on these boards I would more than welcome it.
After all, daoc is a game and I don't take this too serious. I left, having in mind an old saying from germany "der klügere gibt nach", meaning something like the cleverer person gives in.
I actually want to start a discussion about this (I know there have been some before, but this should be kinda different). I want to know what people think about camping ml encounters.

The old principle "first come first serve" is often applied to daoc camping. As far as I have experienced this, it works at least for artifact encounters. Why not for mls? There are some people trying to play with the coc rules, using every little whole in it to try and get an advantage. It reminds me of lawyers, who try to save corrupt companies... It's like:" hey, our law doesn't punish murder, so let's all run around and kill the next best person to get his money." Imo this attitude can be found far back in history. But as mankind developed they created some sort of culture, which excludes stuff like that.
I think society as such invents general laws to make "living in company with others" more enjoyable. Simply tagging along and redoing an encounter, without asking, is in my eyes nothing else than stealing the remains. However, it is allowed.
Now imagine this would've happened to you. Would you be happy, angry or careless. I beleive that actually nobody wants to experience something like that. Safety as such, is the most important principle for a human being and I would say everyone is demanding it. Still things like that happen. As it is, people are not really doing anything against it. I don't quite understand that!

If you have a different opinion just post it. I would be delighteful to talk about that matter with everyone who is affected by this problem.

Thanks for your attention ;)

/Aragon out

Kais

Banned
he should have some respect and do something else, unless however he wanted credit from the enc, then he was free to start and complete the encounter as he wished.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
last time i was at ml1.1 some gimps was camping it an did not want to let my m8 get credit they just said : wait for us to be done farming it.. So when i startet it because we did not had all day they startet to call me retard an noob... An yes i know i have campt ml 1.1 alot but i always let ppl get credit... So sometimes ppl who are camping it should show some respect also...

Btw i know my english sucks :) you dont have to tell me....

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The mincer's a retard. Pay no attention to him/her, next time have your logs running as well, and also take as many sceenies as you can.

Niffnuff

Fledgling Freddie
To get this straight, he was NOT trying to get credit after all. He wanted simply to farm. I always let people in to join for credit, after all it even gives ml xp...

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Unfortunatley you cannot camp a particular mob. Having said that, the mincers behaviour smacks of a selfish child. If this happens again, suggest alternating pulls etc, or grouping to do encounter and share any drops. It's a shame the game is still full of uneducated twats.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
You say you were waiting for the next time on the enc to start?

The mincer ran in , talked to the NPC and started taking the mobs ?

Maybe smoething along the lines of.. Because you were camping, maybe let him camp for a while, then you , then him, etc.

Yes, he should've spoken to you before hand to ask if you had finished or if you were farming. But it doesn't cost anything for you to initiate conv, which you did.

so i can see both sides of the coin, but will definately understand your side more.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
As this is a group encounter, and he (as a group with his BB) started it, really you attacking the last mob was in breech of the CoC. The point I think here is that you are both farming it, so really neither of you had reason to claim the spot as "yours", basically, the first to start the encounter, is then the owner, anyone engaging the mob after is really "leeching". As this was a one off, Im sure as long as no nasty words were exchanged, GOA would see the lighter side of this and hopefully only give a warning.

The question is, did either of you offer to group together, help each other (many hands make light work) in any way?

To me this was sheer greed, something this game is filled with, and he didnt care that anyone else was doing this, he just wanted it for himself. Shame on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom