Massive Catacombs marketing campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Add to this factor the huge upswing in marketing effort and much stronger distribution partnerships (I was in the meetings with the marketing, PR and distribution agencies, I know how much money and effort is being poured into this release) and I think it's far too early to write off DAoC just yet. There will be an impact from the new competitors but DAoC is still in a strong position which will get stronger after the release of Catacombs.

Requiel said:
As for marketing, the magazines wil be out soon with the adverts, the reviews and the features. There is a lead time for printed magazines and the things we were doing three months ago are only now starting to make it to shelves. Over the next couple of weeks as the launch date gets closer you'll hopefully notice the increased visibility of the game - TV and cinema adverts, websites, magazines and many other platforms will all be used to get the game recognised. The main thrust will happen at about the same time as the actual launch for maximum impact.

Umm well its been a couple of weeks Requiel, and i haven't seen any increased visibility of Catacombs (here in the UK). Even the Major UK distributors have the wrong date or dont have it shown at all.

I know you said the main thrust will be the actual launch, i haven't seen anything advertising catacombs yet.

Whats gone wrong, your not going to tell me that sewing seeds of confusion into your existing player base is the marketing campaign?

Did i blink and miss it?

:m00:

Dorimor1

Banned
Don't worry, I'm sure goa are working hard to market Catacombs and for one I trust that Requiel and the whole launching team will get the job done

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i am looking forward to the TV adverts and full page magazine adverts myself.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
pczone-cata-preview.jpg

Preview in this months PC Zone - Review next month (ie in a week or so's time)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"the goal for new UK publisher Hip interactive is to make sure the existing game gets the attention it deserves through promotion and in store marketing"

lol

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
webhallen.com a swedish site has EU catacombs with release date 25:th march

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Dwali said:
webhallen.com a swedish site has EU catacombs with release date 25:th march

oh thats good.. mabey ill order it from thre so I can get it in a few weeks :E :m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Yes I'm quite surprised they're not spending masses of cash advertising a game a month before the public boxed-set (the thing that any new player would be buying) is released.....

I mean it's a great idea to waste lots of money on advertising something noone can buy yet. (Yes, yes i know, hype it up before release and all that, but what you want is people to see catacombs in a game store and think "ooh I saw that on telly", not "ooh I saw that on telly a month ago it must be old)

Wait till the end of april, if you've still not seen any advertising then you can grumble. A massive advertising blitz before now would be somewhat silly imo. But given all you lot seem to want to do is whine at the GMs for not advertising at you enough (*boggle*) I guess I might as well talk to the cat.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
Yes I'm quite surprised they're not spending masses of cash advertising a game a month before the public boxed-set (the thing that any new player would be buying) is released.....

I mean it's a great idea to waste lots of money on advertising something noone can buy yet. (Yes, yes i know, hype it up before release and all that, but what you want is people to see catacombs in a game store and think "ooh I saw that on telly", not "ooh I saw that on telly a month ago it must be old)

Wait till the end of april, if you've still not seen any advertising then you can grumble. A massive advertising blitz before now would be somewhat silly imo. But given all you lot seem to want to do is whine at the GMs for not advertising at you enough (*boggle*) I guess I might as well talk to the cat.

It´s a common strategy to marketing products before it is available, Mr Sarcastic, even if you seem to find it silly. Build a demand and then release a product, not release a product and then build a demand is the general way companys work. Being into marketing myself I can not say I am impressed by GOA´s way to handle such a important product launch.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Otho said:
It´s a common strategy to marketing products before it is available, Mr Sarcastic, even if you seem to find it silly. Build a demand and then release a product, not release a product and then build a demand is the general way companys work. Being into marketing myself I can not say I am impressed by GOA´s way to handle such a important product launch.

I'd imagine the handling is in the hands of the marketing company...

And yes I've heard of building demand then releasing a product, but my point was I'm not surprised you've (well Scorge since he started the thread) not seen anything yet given the main thrust of the advertising is aimed at the 15th of april. Come the 1st I'd have hoped to have seen something but I think it's a bit early to start screaming.

When are the magazines out this month? Personally (and I'll admit I'm no marketing genius) I'd hope to see some more previews in the issues just prior to the catacombs release (so within a month before) and some reviews not too long after.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
a quick look around Hip interactives web site and no luck on daoc, so that part may be a typo (as it is just the preview) and we havent heard anything from goa/mythic about new publishers in the uk/europe.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
a quick look around Hip interactives web site and no luck on daoc, so that part may be a typo (as it is just the preview) and we havent heard anything from goa/mythic about new publishers in the uk/europe.

Yep just had a look at there europe website.. which isnt finished might I add :p there is nothing about catacombs either them working on it.. or listed in there up and comming games which is serprising since they have games that are not comming out for another 4 -5 months listed on there website.

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Getting tired of all the DAoC/GoA flaming tbh. Anything GoA says or does equals a big fat whine threads where everyone flames the GMs to Japan and back. If we want DAoC to continue to be a good game perhaps we should think about what we're doing for our community (DAoC community that is) atm. Anyone that is interested in DAoC sure as hell won't buy it after reading a few threads on FH.

Let's look forward to another year of DAoC and try to be positive instead! :cheers:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i dont think people in this thread are flaming daoc, i for one still enjoy the game, its just downright frustrating that 2 weeks before launch nobody really knows anything, if goa handle the saviour of daoc this badly i really cant see the game i love having a future.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Rami said:
Getting tired of all the DAoC/GoA flaming tbh. Anything GoA says or does equals a big fat whine threads where everyone flames the GMs to Japan and back.

Hmm... now is that cheaper than a plane ticket? Perhaps I should become a Gamemaster. I'd like to visit to Japan.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Rami said:
Getting tired of all the DAoC/GoA flaming tbh. Anything GoA says or does equals a big fat whine threads where everyone flames the GMs to Japan and back. If we want DAoC to continue to be a good game perhaps we should think about what we're doing for our community (DAoC community that is) atm. Anyone that is interested in DAoC sure as hell won't buy it after reading a few threads on FH.

Let's look forward to another year of DAoC and try to be positive instead! :cheers:

touche imo

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
well arnt we fast sparky ! i think the other 3 or 4 ppl.. above you didnt notice that :E
Nobody else posted about PC format no..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
2 days to go... what went wrong with the massive marketing campaign? its so massive that game dont even have it listed........

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
2 days to go... what went wrong with the massive marketing campaign? its so massive that game dont even have it listed........

and if u bothered to read the offical thread from Requiel u would know why...

popa

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
oh so the goa web page link is the massive marketing campaign?

nooo but why put diferent release game and play.com is the main web page 4 pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom