TV Marvel's Jessica Jones

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have a bit of a thing for Krysten Ritter, she has that clean junkie look about her. Utter filth I imagine.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Been watching the teasers for this, but they released the full trailer today.

I've seen the teasers too and it did look promising but after this I'm actually less excited. They looked to have completely changed the plot structure and some pretty key elements of the Alias series it's based on. In that she's spends 90% of the comics suffering from basically PTSD and you don't know why. It's announced within the first 20 seconds of the trailer. Also Killgrave appearing right from the start is very jarring. He really wasn't what the stories were about until the very end.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Anyone watching, its available now. Just about to watch ep 1

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This + The man in the high castle on the same release day? fml.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Anyone watching, its available now. Just about to watch ep 1

I've seen the first few episodes and despite all the changes from the original source it still may be the best thing Marvel has ever done. Krysten Ritter pretty much nails it.

Just don't expect your typical action hero show, it's about as far from that as you can get.

Edmond

Just finished all 13eps, very dark very very good. Very much in the same theme as Daredevil, and I like how the 'powers' are very secondary, focusing much more on the characters

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Vincent D'Onofrio made daredevil and David Tennant made this.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've just finished watching this, it's superb. I liked all the characters and David Tennant is one evil bastard.

I'm either going to watch Luke Cage or Narcos next.

gohan

FH is my second home
Luke cage is even better imo. not a huge fan of dare devil tho but looking foreward to jj and lc season 2 and the punisher

Edmond

Iron fist is the next one, coming in March

gohan

FH is my second home
Have I made up punisher? is that one for the MCU?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I've just finished watching this, it's superb. I liked all the characters and David Tennant is one evil bastard.

I'm either going to watch Luke Cage or Narcos next.
What's this 'either'? Parallel... parallel!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I tend to binge watch these things. There's so much good stuff on Netflix to catch up with.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I tend to binge watch these things. There's so much good stuff on Netflix to catch up with.

True. I did the same with Black Mirror this time round.

Although if two beautiful women wanted to molest me simultaneously I'm 20% sure I wouldnt say: 'sorry ladies, one at a time only.. I only binge fuck'

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Go for Narcos. I binged my way through it, it's really very good.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Callous is wrong. Luke Cage first. For no reason.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well I've definitely seen the error of my ways now. Luke Cage it is!

Anyway, back to Narcos. The actor playing Escobar is absolutely spot on and that scene when he is screaming down the phone at the German officials is hilarious.

leggy

Probably Scottish
To be fair I'm jealous that Tom still has both awaiting him. Whatever order you choose you'll definitely not be disappointed.

gohan

FH is my second home
I've still not seen narcos, it's on my ever growing list tho

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
All cards on the table, I've not actually seen Luke Cage yet. I've never been into the Marvel/etc comics so haven't jumped on the TV adaptations. I'd be watching them as standalone shows and not get any references and I know there have been crossovers between them and I'd invariably miss out on the significance of those as well.

It's definitely not better than Narcos though.

gohan

FH is my second home
I actually watched luke cage first. there were a few references but basically you only have to know the other shows exist. excellent stand alone imo same with jj

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well I absolutely loved the second season of Daredevil, so I went straight from that to JJ. I loved Daredevil's use of long conversations, allowing them to build characters like few other shows do. And the fight with the bikers fucking rocked. Anyhow, Luke Cage looks like a good 'un so I might do that while the two stories are fresh in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom