Help martial arts

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
out of the following three, which one are you most likely to make the most progress in a year?

iaido
hapkido
kung fu

i like the sound of hapkido the most but ive only got a year left at uni, then i dont know if i can find other clubs.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ask Sharma if you can study the great art of Par Mo

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It depends on the student. Took me over 20 years to get my 3rd dan in juijitsu

tris-

thanks but its not an option.

tris-

well ive decided to go with hapkido, and a good choice too i think.

the master is a 7th dan blackbelt from south korea. apparently he worked on the art origionally. hes also a 37th generation descendant of some royal guards and warriors.

they also teach long staff technique from white belt!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Kenjutsu looks interesting tho... but thats not one of your options, ahwell.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I was thinking about Martial Arts aswell 1-2 years ago, thaiboxing, kickboxing, hapkido and the likes... Went for boxing becouse its way better for condition and strength and overall better workout :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I used to do Pencak Silat (Minangkabau style).
love the style, a bit kung-fu-ish, as in, a bit more elegant, instead of raw muay thai. my experience is that it's relatively quick to learn a decent basis. I don't have any experience with the three you suggested, but I heard that kung fu (depending on style, it may vary) takes a long time to learn.

Pencak schools aren't everywhere so probably not an option. In the netherlands we have a couple more, because well, we have some history with indonesia, like you english have with india, so there are many indonesian people here.
I'd like to link two lil' clips anyway :p
Sound quality is pretty pisspoor, but just turn down the volume and you'll be okay :)
YouTube - SIlat Minang
YouTube - SIlat Minang

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
A lot of hapkido techniques (throws, locks, pressure points) derive from juijitsu.

tris-

i tried jujitsu when i was about 14 but i didnt keep it up for some reason. i think it was cos i was too unfit. i do remember it being quite useful though. i vaguelly remember a couple of methods of getting out being pinned up against a wall by someone holding a weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom