Mars

T

tris-

anyone else had a look at Mars yet? where i am its the brigthest object in the sky, maybe i should of set my telescope up yesterday because i cba now :( oh well only another 33,000 yrs to wait i should be able to set it up in time.

(btw if you dunno where to look its SE)

S

Sharma

uhh it is? i dont see night except for the window outt mybedrom, must be north facing or smt, neglected to lok up on my way home fram safeway tho ;/

J

Jonaldo

Did anyone see it? I didn't get any real chance to look but was it even visible to the naked eye or did we need scopes?

O

old.job

LOL Mars is always visible to the naked eye, as a red dot, when it's real close it's a very,very slightly larger red dot, a really good amateur scope can make out the whitish poles.

But to get a good pic you'll need to borrow the Hubble space telescope.

S

Serbitar

jodrell bank does the trick quite nicely as well

O

old.LandShark

Jodrell Bank is a radio observatory - do they even have optic telescopes? :p

Originally posted by sharma
uhh it is? i dont see night except for the window outt mybedrom, must be north facing or smt, neglected to lok up on my way home fram safeway tho ;/
Light pollution imho.

S

Serbitar

dunno dont care :D just thought i'd make myself sound intelligent... obviously with ppl like you around i failed miserably /humble

M

~Mobius~

Is it still around? I wanna see ... dont think I will be alive next time it comes. :)

G

Garaen

Watched the news yesterday, it said you should be able to see it up until the end of September-ish.

O

old.Tohtori

Was gonna post about ti aswell but might aswell post here. I'm quite sure that the martians will be coming around this week, early next week. Afterall it's only 34 million miles away and that's like going to get some milk. And they haven't checked on us since our caveman days so it's about bloody time to give us the new "wheel" and "fire". :D

S

Serbitar

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
And they haven't checked on us since our caveman days so it's about bloody time to give us the new "wheel" and "fire". :D

you forgot Roswell... when they realised that earth just wasnt to be bothered with any more

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Serbitar
dunno dont care :D just thought i'd make myself sound intelligent... obviously with ppl like you around i failed miserably /humble

Kind of you not to call me a miserable pedantic tosspiece, really :D

J

Jonaldo

Shush Landshark you miserable pedantic tosspiece.

(I'm sooo predictable sometimes) :)

btw, Opening line to Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence in your sig now?

O

old_saxo

In denmark it was like a star but red :D , i think i sat and looked at it for like 1 houre and thinking about the peopel that once have seen em will starying at it

very wierd so many damn years...

S

Solid

saw it, but naked eye only, so only a bright dot.

Dont have a telescope, which i am seriously annoed about, always wanted one, never got round to buying one, and now i am gonna miss the chance to see the surface of mars in real detail.

you can see like the ocean markings and polar icecaps with a reg decent tlescope, very nice.

O

old.Dillinja

Too much light pollution here, the sky is bright orangy-red at night, can't see shit as far as stars/planets go.

T

tris-

if your seriously buying a telescope dont get one of those crap ones with a keypad on it so you can program locs, adds like £70 on the price and you can buy a more powerful one for the same price.

S

Sard-Nair

Is it super easy to see, or do you have to focus real hard to get a decent view of it, might have a look tonight!

C

carky

Originally posted by n3wbie
anyone else had a look at Mars yet? where i am its the brigthest object in the sky, maybe i should of set my telescope up yesterday because i cba now :( oh well only another 33,000 yrs to wait i should be able to set it up in time.

(btw if you dunno where to look its SE)
i looked at mars it aint "red" its white :| and 33,00yrs is a long time :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom