Marc-Vivien Foe 1975-2003 Rest in peace

C

cHodAX

The story

Same age as me and extremely fit and yet he dies in the middle of a football field, that scares the hell out of me. I was lucky enough to meet Marc a couple of years ago at Manchester Airport and he was an very nice man who took pleasure in meeting the fans and signing autographs. A sad day for football fans, my thoughts are with his family :(

J

Jonaldo

Thought about making a thread here but was worried at some of the responses as most here either hate football or have little respect for life.

Is a great shame and I'm also 28 :mad: can't believe something like that can happen but just goes to show how fragile life is and you never know what is just round the corner.

No loss of life is ever good, but someone in their prime and at the peak of their career it's just a great shame and a great loss :(

R.I.P big man in the middle

M

Munkey-

Jesus........only 28. Just goes to show nobody, no matter where they are, can be struck down :( Can't say i've seen cameroon play but i know they've picked up recently. But god, in the middle of a match?

May his soul find rest and his body return to the ground.

S

Sarum TheBlack

The guy who was my best friend when I was about 5-8 years old dropped dead in the middle of a school rugby game a couple of years back.. he was fit and perfectly healthy etc. I didn't really know him any more at the time (not spoken to him since I was about 8, we'd gone to different schools) but reading it in the paper scared me for a while.

Life is a fragile thing, be glad of every moment you are gifted with it.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Having some rather unconvential thoughts on death, I'll say nothing more than being somebody who followed Cameroon and its a great shock, and a sad day for everyone.

M

mirieth

Wow. That's really sobering to read that. Makes you appreciate the life you have been given.

R.I.P

T

thegreatest

I had to cry yesterday when I heard he died, cause I was watching that match and saw him fallling on the ground in the middle of the match...It was so scary to see him that moment...RIP Foe :(

C

cadiva

This is a terribly tragic thing to have happen and it seems to be happening maybe not with increasing frequency but there seems to be more of these type of sudden deaths occuring among sportsmen who you would expect to be in the prime of health and regularly checked out.

A few years ago one of the nicest men ever to play Rugby League, Roy Powell, died after a training session for his then club at the terribly early age of 33.

.Article if anyone cares to read it

Roy was a former Leeds RLFC player, the club that probably had more conditioning men, trainers and other fitness experts than any other club at the time yet it would seem a hidden heart defect caused the death of this gentle giant.
In his memory a Medal was given for the man-of-the-match in the Origin games between Yorkshire and Lancashire. Would be nice to see something similar maybe done for football in the name of Marc-Vivien Foe.

Just a few weeks later, I think it was, another Rugby League player for one of the smaller teams also collapsed and died after training.

Anything that happens like this just reinforces how precious life is and how maybe we should take a step back every now and then and refocus our perspectives on what is really important

K

kinag

Foe was not well, he had been sick for a couple of days, and his wife is really angry since the doctors should not let him have played that match due to his sickness :(

R

Reverant Mezz

a real loss to the footballing world, he was a true ambassidor of the game....

R.I.P marc :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom