Maps with custom skin problems

Avindor

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there,

I have problems getting in-game maps working.

When I click a map button or whatever is used to activate them I get only the frame and white large blocks on screen :( It is like it couldn't ready/find the .tga map files. To make it even more odd they worked ONCE. Then without any reason they again started to show as white squares. The PC also slows down and mouse gets choppy when the white squares are on screen. After I close them everything is back to normal.

I have used Diivskin 1.68.2 and now I'm using Quillix's minimalist UI. I have the all the needed custom windows and maps files in the /custom directory and assets.xmls has the custom windows included. I've done everything exactly like the readme's and help files say.

Is it my PC or just some problems with european version of Daoc? If you have the maps working can you please tell what skins, maps and mods you have used.

My setup is WinXP+SP2rc1, Geforce4 64Mb and 1Gb RAM.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Check the map graphic files that the UI is using. Have you edited them at all? One cause of 'white blocks' is if the width or height of the image used is not a factor of 2. e.g. 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024.

Avindor

Fledgling Freddie
Lo, thanks for reply.

I haven't edited the map files at all. They are downloaded from www.daocmods.com. And interesting detail is that when I test the custom skin within DAOC UI editor the maps show correctly without any problems but not ingame.

It's begin to look like one of those mystery things when everything is seemingly right but still it won't work. Or then its my Pc/windows/game setup somehow wrong.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
Out of curiosity, what resolution are you running in?

A guildie had the same problem with the maps and we couldn't work out what the problm was. The only thing that appeared to be different was that he was running in a high res, though I can't see that being a factor.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I can send you the uberest UI in the world with fully functioning maps if you want :D

Only problem is it only has albion maps.

Pogel

Fledgling Freddie
I get the feeling that it's not the skin that's the problem it's loading the map graphics. I've been looking round the VN boards and a few others get this problem (one of them sees it when running two clients but not when running separately). I suspect that the issue relates to the size of the map graphics themselves (the ones I'm using are 2024x2024). Something may simply be barfing when loading them into memory along with everything else that's going on.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I had a problemw ith maps being white when the texture selection window was over the wrong part of the .tga file.

To fix that is rather complex though - have you tried reinstalling your UI, or making sure the XML files are using the correct target?

You can try my UI if you want - if it works, great, if not then you know its something at your end.

Not that I'm trying to plug my UI ofc ;)

georgie

FH is my second home
Nicked from DaoCMods.com:

"White usually indicates a problem with loading textures from the TGA files; often because the TGA is incorrectly formatted, or is missing.

In rare cases, some textures have been too large for certain video cards to load. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom