Maps for season 3

O

old.[OTT]Freakred

I dont know if this has been answered or if its been decided yet but what maps will be used in season 3??? Will it be the same as season 2 or will changes be made???

O

old.[BC]eat

Well id say drop FS2 and orck2 coz they never produce scoring games.
Apart from that can u randomise the maps a bit more. Dont have the same old 2fort/sd2, SDl/monkey combinations. And can u pair up the "classical" maps with a newer/non-vavle map each week.

V

vuz

Maps that could be used [feel free to add] are:
2Fort
Rock2
Well
Crossover2
Badlands
Vidars
Enclave
Shutdown_l
Shutdown2
Monkey_l
Charge
Openfire
Flagrun
Mulch_Trench

The above are all maps I see as being of a high quality and good fun to play on
Before I go on note that in the "playoff" part of the season clans will pick one map each, so these maps are for the group stages where we "hope" to see a bit of variety

Next I would like to say I will, as well as other admins, be putting a lot of thinking into which maps go well together, this season I would say that SD_l/Monkey_l certainly didn't go v well together as both can be defensive maps, I would hope for every map like Rock2 where there are few caps that there is a map where it is much harder to lock down on with it, such as Flagrun ...

How it will work I'm not yet sure, previously we have done clan votes on maps and while this can be a good thing it often means we get the same bog standard maps which clans complain about later in the season..

I might suggest...
Week 1: 2Fort and Openfire
Week 2: Well and Monkey_l
Week 3: Rock2 and Flagrun
Week 4: Shutdown2 and Badlands
Week 5: Crossover2 and Enclave
Week 6: 2Fort and Vidars
Week 7: Well and Shutdown_l

hmm, that actually looks pretty good to me :)
Vidars and Enclave wud be the "standout" maps, which is y they are later in the season [note: that is just an example model and cud be completely changed!], but they are both v good maps and can be downloaded from:

http://bwtfcl.ukfortress.com/season2/downloads/vidars.zip
http://bwtfcl.ukfortress.com/season2/downloads/enclave.zip

The maps I missed out from the top list are Mulch_Trench and Charge
Mulch Trench becos it has been tried, tested, and failed in clan matchs in europe, simply isn't as good as originally made to be [if i'm wrong in your opinion feel free to say so] and Charge becos, altho it 0wnz, I'm not sure its the best map for 8 vs 8 clan match scenario

Umm, the one map for season 2 which i taken out is fortsake2, I've had too many complaints about it being shit to think about it ..

hmm, get back to me on your thoughts, as previously said this is in no way finalised...

O

old.Mr.Bee

actually Ive now played charge with 8 vs 8, tho it was being played like a public server (It was a beta test) it was still quite challenging but possible to get all the flags. Ive also added an extra way in through a detpackable tunnel which leads to the upper platforms.

Probably the best way to find out is to have a friendly on it when its finished :)

hope to see it in the next season

heres a link to those people who havent seen it yet

http://www.mrbee.clara.net/chargeb2.zip

O

old.[OTT]Freakred

flagrun

I have to say I ain't a great fan of flagrun and in a clan match I not sure it would work well. I am probably totally wrong and I never played it in a clan match before but on public servers its pretty shit, my opinion anyway

M

Mörgoth

Flagrun... does the word backtracking come to mind? In a clan game, I can't ever see my team getting the flag that starts in the enemy base. Even if an offense team manages to kill the entire enemy defense, they have to run all the way back through the enemy base, yet the enemy spawns relatively near to the centre area. Tis a bit like rock, except the flag stays dropped for about 5 seconds, instead of 60.

Fortsake2 isn't a shit map, it's just so piss easy to defend that it makes it pointless to play on.

I agree about dropping Mulch Trench. I had a look around it, and it looked really ace, but when I played on it recently in the GWTFCL it just didn't work... was a nightmare to play on really (I'm offense, not defense).

I think rock should be kept - tis very possible to score on it, and unless one clan locks down there usually are a few scores on it.

O

old.Mr War

badlands - noooooooooooooooooooo
mulch_trench is a capathon, which makes for interesting games, and i cant see many people being able to lock down on it. mulch is a good choice i reckon, but me not like badlands
Vidars - excellent map, but hampered by a shitty Flag room. u either have to be 1 accurate mutha to conc up there, or u have to use the 2 crappy ladders, while defending the flag room will be as equally hard.
enclave - havent played it yet, dloading now, 3megs is big for a tfc map though!

O

old.[SHS]Valleyite.

Anyone tried Uncle Bruces Stowaway?

Cracking map in the 2fort mold.
I'd suggest that one.

V

vuz

Valleyite/anyone else suggesting maps: GIVE A DOWNLOAD URL PLEASE :)

thx :)

A

Afx

http://www.clan-zone.net/bc/maps/tempest.zip
TRY IT!! ;p
Top ten tourney in the US uses it and it looks a f'kin good map,Its running on 194.93.134.47:27015 ..If ya fancy tryin it :)
Btw i wouldnt go for flagrun for the same reasons stated above i.e backtracking would be rife.
Also i really dont think badlands translates at all well as a clan map(havnt played a good game on it yet,and certainly dont look forward to clan games on it)theres certainly far better maps out there,For one Enclave will make an amazing clan map(good choice if you pick it)..Vidars wont however,It seems to have been designed to pack as much visual content in as possible without any care for how it plays :/

A

Afx

As u stated on the uktfcl forum....
Have u played it in a clan game or anywhere other than on lan?

O

old.TGC Snow

badlands is ok, it forces the attack to play in a different style, and for once the offence needs tactics. mulch is shit. rock2 can still be capped on, and we just worked out an 0wnage attack plan on it, so don't remove it u bastards.

i agree sd_l & monkey was a bad combo. mainly coz monkey is a load of shit.

O

old.+SA+Eliminator

Vidars would be a welcome addition in my opinion, but not Flagrun because as Morgoth mentioned backtracking is rife

O

old.TGC Snow

i have really enjoyed badlands tbh... organising 2-pronged attacks on RW and then pulling them off is a nice change from just concing in and dying on 2fort... vidars is a very slick, smooth map, and if u mean the visual content is slowing the map down, then that ain't true... if u mean it's crap playability, well then i think it needs to be playtested (but it does look like a fun map to me)

flagrun could be a bit pants, although i think backtracking is actually the whole point of the map, so maybe it'll be fun... backtracking isn't so annoying when there's a purpose to it

A

Afx

Anyone played Stowaway?..New map by Unclebruce,Could be a perfect clan map for next season.
Links - http://dl.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?planetfortress/unclebruce/stowaway.zip

Personally maps id like to see are:-
2Fort
Well
Crossover2
Enclave(v good map vir...Hope u pick it)
Shutdown_l
Shutdown2
Monkey_l
Openfire
Mulch_Trench( had a great game with FsA on it in gwtfcl)
Stowaway
Tempest(a damn good map if people would give it a chance in a game)

Ive ommitted Rock2 because as much as i still love playin it,Between 2 evenly matched teams it will 90% of times end in a stalemate...It is probably a good map for the lower divisions but i wouldnt include it for the prem.
And i also think flagrun will attain the same staus as fortsake has this season if its included...Vidars in undoubtedly an amazingly well made and good looking map,But i really cant see it working well in a clan game. :/

O

old.Mr War

hehe once again, i say Stowaway should be in

[ADMIn]MrWar

O

old.Gimp

Ban Whores

I've had a gander round tempest on ~A~ and to be honest it's pretty dire. The idea is nice, getting points for how far you can get the flag, but the map itself if crap.

Charge (by Mr.Bee) is a good alternative to flagrun, same thing with a few alterations to control backtracking and promote better gameplay. Might be worth having a look at.

Monkey should be omitted imo, tiny bases with a huge no mans land just begs to be DM'd on, and getting to the enemy base is such a chore you long for the map to end after 10 minutes.

Vidars looks nice, but it's gonna be hell to defend. Worth a closer look at though.

O

old.Mr.Bee

Re: Ban Whores

Originally posted by Gimp
Charge (by Mr.Bee) is a good alternative to flagrun, same thing with a few alterations to control backtracking and promote better gameplay. Might be worth having a look at.

At last, someone with good taste ;)

I'll be doing the final compile today so look out for it :)

T

Twinner

I would like to point out that the league does start in a few weeks and my clan does want to know what the maps will be so we can praccy on em and get some sound tactics.

Also if u include any new maps will they be put on the rotation on Barrysworld Bookable Servers as this is what we use for practices

O

old.[K20]EUROnator

When is the final maplist going to be available?
Some of those maps on the suggestion list seem purty...uh..er...sucky (flagrun being one) and few of them I have never even heard of.
It would be nice to get atleast some time to practice the maps before season 3 starts.

btw. when is the season 3 going to start?

V

vuz

the vote will go up before the weekend, the vote should be completed by the end of the weekend, season 3 starts Jan 1st 2001 :)

O

old.DrunK MonK

umm...

Hmm I'm not even in a European clan, but I'll throw out some ideas of great maps if ya care to hear em. All of these can ge downloaded from Fileplanet or tfc.pcgame.com.

1. Canalzon
2. Darkness
3. Enclave
4. Mulch_Trench
5. Torch2
6. Rupture
7. Run
8. Tempest
9. Gleadraich_r

O

old.DeerHunter

Some of those maps are already in the vote, but as for CZ and Run, well frankly almost every clan has expressed dislike for these maps, so we thought it best to leave them out altogether. It's up to the clans to decide which maps they want to play, so we'll see how the vote goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom