Mapping of realm zones?

D

Depape

I was searching around a bit for maps with mob locations, especially for Midgard, but had not much luck. Soooo, I got and idea to try to crank up some maps myself :)

Test of my first try can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/ales_j/mapper/mularn.html

Now, I'd like to know:

- would you people be interested in this kind of maps at all?
- would some of you help me with them? I'd mostly need the help with mob locations

Depape

G

granny

Definitely need more maps like that for Midgard :)

There's some great ones for most of Hibernia up here and of course there's Kirstena's Atlas for Albion ones but there's only a few Midgard ones there :/

Thing is that a truly useful mob location map needs to have pretty much *every* single mob spawn marked on it which is a big job... good luck with it Depape, if you managed it I'm sure it would be very useful for loads of people.

D

Depape

I belive I'd manage with few co-workers :)

The way it could work would be: few high enough characters should run through the zone and when locating mob spawn typing /loc and then sending me those coords :)

Depape

S

SFXman

Daaaaaamn, that looks nice! Only thing that bothers me is that for some reason it looks very blurred :confused:

D

Depape

2 reasons:

- image re-sized to better fit browsers of people with smaller monitors (like me :) )

- to make text/captions on map more readable

Depape

L

lairiodd

Hey these forums have already proven their usefulness. The set of maps on the camelot forum is missing the hib - lough gur map.

S

SFXman

Hey these forums have already proven their usefulness.
Yup I have already gotten quite a few opinions on scout spec points and such.... plus this map was quite nice, although for albion Kirstena's will do just fine (printed most but then my printer ran out of ink).

D

Depape

Well, dunno bout other maps, but since I mostly play on Midgard now, it would be easier for me to do those.

Problem is, my char is too low to scout the more dangerous zones by himself - kinda hard typing /loc and noting down the coords while pounded on by purple monster :)

Depape

S

SFXman

Problem is, my char is too low to scout the more dangerous zones by himself - kinda hard typing /loc and noting down the coords while pounded on by purple monster
Hehe I believe it is... but I can't even begin to imagine how big of task it is to make a map of a zone :eek:

D

Depape

Originally posted by SFXman

Hehe I believe it is... but I can't even begin to imagine how big of task it is to make a map of a zone :eek:

Not really methink... Here's how I think it could be done.

- first we decide which zone to map
- we get list of mobs in that zone from Illia's Bestiary
- we locate as many as possible coordinates of all mobs in that list
- we mark those locations on map
- done :)

S

SFXman

Well unfortunately I don't play there and so don't have a high-level character, otherwise I'd gladly help :D

O

old.tRoG

nice... if this had all the mobs in a think i would kiss you ;)

S

SFXman

Hehe yeah... with mobs it would be a masterpiece. But there was this VERY VERY good map of Hibernia by a guy in the Celtic Fist. It was humongous in dimensions and very detailed. Forgot the address unfortunately but I have it on my HD.

D

Depape

S

SFXman

Hmm, yes very nice work. Well this is what I meant by the very very good map:

!WARNING! Over 2mb in size even though it is a jpg. !WARNING!

Very high detail map of Hibernia

Nice aint it :D
I couldn't find the link I originally got it from so I uploaded it onto my own website.

I

Ifalna

Damn, that's a nice map of hibbie-land. Now I want something like that for Albion.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Bubbles
Damn, that's a nice map of hibbie-land. Now I want something like that for Albion.
I must agree, it is quite big aint it? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom