Map Voting

O

old.j_mcilroy

I don't mind map voting, but I hate it when it stops in the middle of a game to change the map.

E

Embattle

I don't find it much use, either people endlessly want to play de_dust or they start arguing over which one to play.

M

Mellow-

Embattle, you wanted a straight YES or NO answer. Heres mine: NO

(and now why)
Because map voting ruins the pace and wonderful flowy-ness of the game.

O

old.Kurt_Angle

No, but i made this point before, it's allways just constant spam, vote dust, vote italy, vote seige. ohh and you will never guess, the players that allways ask for these maps, are the little people who can only point and click with there little awp's, Dust=that spot, italy= that dark little window, ohh and i wonder what they do in the seige map :D :D

V

vuz

Its a nice idea....
Having a vote system where it is voted with 2 mins left of map is cool (ones where u can vote at any point are gay) but is misused by n00bies who have only ever heard of de_dust or 2fort (yes i know they r 2 different games)

so..... no
altho i do think that at least in tfc the map rotation cud change, but i'll save that for another post another time :)

O

old.zog

No. Just set up the servers so that they rotate maps and they're as out-of-phase as possible with each other. People can choose whichever server they like the look of the most.

I

Insane

How about changing the coding so it can change the map cycle temporarily?

Voting takes place, and the map with the most votes is the next in cycle.. BUT (thats a big one as well!) it cannot be voted over and over.. probably only after 4 other maps have been played.. or server empties (can you code it to do that?)

hey.. it could probably also be coded into being able to run the CS leagues.. kinda reminds me of the old QWCTF mod that was ran 'ere ;)

InSaNe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom