Map vote results + Map cycle :)

O

old.TGC Snow

ok, all the results have been collected (including |TC|'s late entry due to the form not working properly) and confirmed. These results are =the= mapvote results, with no tampering, or extra admin votes. I have the final copy of the database on my hard disk. So, here we go (points worked as: 5 points for 1st choice -> 1 point for 5th choice):

#1: rock2: 110
#2: crossover2: 98
#3: openfire: 93
#4: shutdown_l: 90
#5: monkey_l: 73
#6: badlands: 64
#7: enclave: 26
#8: mulch_trench: 23
#9: vidars: 22
#10: tempest: 7
#11: charge: 5
#12: gleadhraich_r: 4

Total Clans Voted: 41

That means that the following maps will be played through the group phase of season III: 2fort (twice), well (twice), shutdown2 (twice) <= already decided maps; rock2 (twice) <= first choice map; crossover2, openfire, shutdown_l, monkey_l, badlands, enclave (all once).

So my proposed map cycle is (so far nobody's expressed any disagreement with it):

Week 1: Shutdown_l + 2Fort
Week 2: Rock2 + Well
Week 3: Shutdown2 + Crossover2
Week 4: Rock2 + Openfire
Week 5: Monkey_l + 2Fort
Week 6: Well + Enclave
Week 7: Badlands + Shutdown2

cheers
=TGC= Snow
BWTFCL SIII Preparation Admin Blokey

V

vuz

shame so few clans voted, cos they don't read the bwtfcl news: their own fault and I don't believe more clans would have changed the maps anywayz :)

O

old.TGC Snow

aye, it was very disappointing - i had to tell a lot of clans through their IRC channel, but i don't know 128 IRC channels off by heart. Still, at least 41 votes is enough to get a fair sample of opinion - enough to make the vote a realistic viewpoint of the clans.

Thank god mulch didn't get voted in, booo to all u llamas who voted monkey_l. Next season I'm gonna make the map vote much better organised, with some playtesting of new maps so the votes aren't biased towards the "tried and tested" maps.

merry christmas
l0rd sn0wnage

T

Twinner

maybe ICQ'in all Clan Leaders or emailing em with important stuff may have helped.

get the fixtures up!!!!!

Who the hell voted for Badlands??!?
They should be burned @ the stake!

O

old.Gimp

Strange how rock2 has the most votes, yet UKTFCL removed it because they decided no one liked it. Well some people didn't.

O

old.Andy

It could be because the voting system means thats if all 41 clans put rock2 as their third or fourth choice, and yet they were all differing in what maps were their 1st and 2nd choices then Rock2 would get the top score, even though no-one really likes it.

That makes sense to me in my head, but probably doesn't written down :(

M

Mörgoth

We put it first coz we didn't want something else getting in ahead of it. We were expecting it to be 4th or 5th of the 5 maps chosen. :)

Ugh, pity Tempest didn't get in in front of Enclave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom