Many people from UO?

• Thread starter old.Reckless <Lion>
  • Start date
O

old.Reckless <Lion>

Just wondering, it seems that quite a few decided to leave for DAOC.

I left Europa in December and havnt looked back. Will never forget it though :)

S

SFXman

Sure... 37 month account here and I still hold it although I quit playing sometime the end of last year. Thinking of trying to sell my account... was a much better game before trammel though.

G

Gef

I originally quit because I didnt play it any more, account was three years old .. *sniff* some great times were had.

Then started searching for other MMORPG's, tried AC - got boring after I made my 3rd character coz it was gimped every time. Tried AO, got sick of the bugs etc. (see http://www.somethingawful.com/article.php?id=215 for a pretty close review :rolleyes: )

Then I found DAoC, loved it, still do in a way, although certain things are really starting to put me off.

S

SFXman

UO just got too.... gimpy... with people with trillions of gold etc.

Missed the fun.... and after going through all dungeons and having no real fun PvP to think of... boring.

G

Gef

Yeah, the economy got screwed over when they took away the ability to PK. The only reason people never went to Shame was coz if you did you knew there were gonna be some red dudes down there. In Trammel you didnt have to worry, you didnt even have to worry about getting trapped in by monsters. Easy money, GM dex monkey and a mage down there could make a fortune in hours.

The fools, why can people not just leave a good thing alone.

S

SFXman

Exactly. I admit I did at one point go to the Trammel shame dungeon with my GM dex monkey and his vanq spear :)

G

Gef

I think everyone did at some point, thing is Trammel was sooo laggy compared to Fel. My house was in Fel desert *sniff* i miss that ol place :( .. On a DSL modem it was perfect connection in Fel, problem was there was never anyone about to enjoy it with.

What were peeps names on Europa? Mine were Venom, Geffen, BeZ and MadCrawford .. Just in case we ever met ;)

S

SFXman

Aragorn, Beorn, Fangorn, Circe and Gorck. Most extremely original but that was me 3 years ago :)
I played on LS before trammel though. Then moved to Europa just a bit before trammel came around... got myself some money and bought a log cabin deed, then on the house placement day got it placed right to the of britain near the swamp. Beat 4 other people to the spot :p
:)

G

Gef

Ah, well I bought a fort deed on house placment day, got my spot, waited and waited. Then about 2 seconds before I was about to place it got that bloody message about storms brewing and got teleported to some town. Gutted, managed to get a villa placed in the end and sold it for 5 million :)

Was a big farce tho, overcrowding was unreal on Europa. One reason why I left.

S

SFXman

Yeh... I got telestormed 3 times and still got my spot :)

O

old.David_4321

i played UO for a bit

then got the so called "addon" which was a massive POS, then moved to DAOC

UO really does suck now, the only way to survive in uo is be a mage, anything else and ure toast

thats why DOAC rocks, many different characters and their all preety much equal

G

Gef

Bit easier with a small house though, not many spots about that can hold castles :(

S

SFXman

Exactly... almost every person agrees that the game was ruined by the addon... I begin to wonder why they brought out that shit in the very place :(
Maybe I only talk to the HC players.

O

old.RolandRidgeBack

i played uo for almost 4 years and sold my last account last week.

S

svar

Played since release untill they started nerfing PKing. Then quit.

D

Damon_D

X napa dude here, had 4 accounts 2 of em would have been 4 year vet accounts now. Well they ruined the game so wtf

O

old.Ayeye

That was my signature in the DAOC official forum (before they shut it down)

uo2daoc.jpg

Uhm what will be next?
A Jedi Paladin ?

In all cases, I will never sell my UO account!

S

SFXman

I really find it confusing when people have zillions of accounts. Just insane, talk about addicted. Ayeye, I always liked that sig :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom