Mank Banned?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, locking that last thread was pretty damned lame.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
fatbusinessman said:
The previous thread on this subject got locked in very short order - I hope this thread results in an explanation before that is repeated...

you may want to look again fbm. Explanation looked pretty clear to me - mank knew the rules and hes been banned.

Work it out - he broke the rules, he got banned.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
And it's not hard to figure out that the question is, WHAT rules?

Thrinnor

Fledgling Freddie
<points to that little announcement saying Code of Conduct that you've prolly never read....>

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
he told someone to "fuck off and dye*" in the entertainment forum because a guy complained about always getting notifications about someone replied to the thread.

*id be worried if you didnt get this

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Sigh. Obviously, I meant which rules did mank break, specifically.

Edit - right, thanks finally for a useful answer.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Insane said:
he told someone to "fuck off and dye*" in the entertainment forum because a guy complained about always getting notifications about someone replied to the thread.

*id be worried if you didnt get this

*Taken from the lyrics of some joke song, at least I hope for the singers sake it is a joke song, about pubic hair. Not much to get really....

OK, you can't have one rule for one and one rule for another. But it seems harsh for someone who's been on here for ages and always contributed well to the forums to be banned so quickly.

BTW: Yes, I have read the code of conduct. No good trying to bend the rules if you don't know what they are ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
The "Fuck off and Die" thing seems to have an instaban attached to it these days. Which is very amusing considering there are worse things which can and have been said.

Cyfr

Banned
leggy said:
The "Fuck off and Die" thing seems to have an instaban attached to it these days. Which is very amusing considering there are worse things which can and have been said.

Agreed.

Free Mank!

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Insane said:

Ok, that makes sense. A little harsh perhaps, but The Establishment has made it pretty clear that this is an instaban offence. I'm presuming this is just a 2-week ban, would I be right?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is a 2 week ban as it stands, though I'm discussing possibly dropping it to a week with Yoni at present, and also point out that permabans have occurred for persistent offenders in the past. I'm not in the habit of publicly explaining everybody's misdemeanours publicly, frankly, which is why I closed the other thread and will also close this one. Being a regular user of the boards is not a reason to NOT be banned... on the contrary a regular user of the boards ought to know better hence my comments on the thread in particular on removing Mank's ill-conceived post.

I would also respond to comments that worse things have been said on the boards by pointing out that from day one of this board opening Ted and Deebs were very specific about not wanting the growing trend of 'die irl' crap continuing here, hence the tough stance.

People can and will be banned from time to time. Please do not expect a full public explanation of every occurrence as you may well end up being disappointed. I don't like banning people, none of us like banning people, but people breaking the Code of Conduct need to know that it won't go unpunished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom