manhunt - did it really make someone murder?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
just seen the news on ITV. a lad was murderd and its all the fault of manhunt. i dont think its right imo, anyone else?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If you ask me, a psychopathic murderer having a copy of Manhunt is no different to me (a golfer) having a copy of Tiger Woods 2004. Point being if he was unbalanced enough to enjoy battering someone in real life, i'm guessing he might enjoy doing it in a game aswell.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't see the news story but I just checked BBC news page and they have a piece on it.
The boy was 17 and the game has a 18 certificate, at 17 years old he knew what he was doing was wrong, it's not the games fault he was obviously pretty unstable in the first place, you aren't a normal well ajusted kid at 16/17 then start playing a video game and one day think to yourself hmmmm I'm a bit bored with this game now I think I'll go out and kill someone for real.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
"The way Warren committed the murder is how the game is set out - killing people using weapons like hammers and knives.

like any other murder in history. it uses guns! ban every single game to contain guns. guns kill people, in CoD you kill people. therfore CoD is influencing people to shoot others.

IT MUST BE TRUE, RIGHT?!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Manhunt is a particularly brutal game, but I saw the ITV news segment and I was disgusted. I particularly liked the bit underneath the picture of the game just as they started talking about it "EVIL GAME".

That's really objective journalism there fellas!

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
There have always been murderers etc on this world, now we have games/movies, some of these fucked up people play/watch them, then ofc that means the games are evil and force people into murdering!

Sigurd

Banned
Leblanc, of Braunstone Frith

There's hardly a house in this entire area without at least one broken/boarded up window... one of the worst council estates in Britain. Not that that would in anyway infact the inhabitants I'm sure :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom