Managing my network

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey,

I have a small 3-4 PC wireless network, Is there a program that can boot people off it and help me manage it? Thank you.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Depending on the wireless access point, there can be security built into it, which can include only allowing particular PCs to access it.

Try putting http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX into your web browser, where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address of the access point.

Darzil

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Thats all kinda down to your router really, I doubt youll find any great windows software as it would need to be specific to your router (though I may be wrong). Advice above seems sound, try and open the router in your web browser, should be able to see whos connected, kick/ban and generaly manage stuff.

Razemouze

Fledgling Freddie
You can add the MAC-addresses of your PCs or apply a password to be able to use your connection. Using the router interface - through your browser. Usually 192.168.0.1/2/3 depending on manufacture of the router

Tomehb

Fledgling Freddie
As said above you should be able to make it secure. If you give the model of your accesspoint / wireless router, you might get even further help in how to make it secure using the control panel :)

But i suggest that you turn on encryption and if you want to make it totaly secure you could also only allow certain MAC-address's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom