Man Utd and Glazer

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13354097,00.html

Not much to worry about then, only a 550 million debt to pay off. The interest alone would cripple most clubs. Not sure how the finance is structured on these kind of deals but in Aviation a 180 million USD plane will cost you around 50k a day in interest payments alone.

But wait, 100 Mill for new players over next 4 years! Whoopeee that's about 3-5 quality players these days.

Quite sad to read this really even as a Arsenal fan.

Bracken, get off the floor and stop laughing!;)

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:

I was going to comment but I'm afraid I feel a bit sick now.

Eli
*Man Utd Fan*

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:

club_tottenham.gif

only one place in North London really worth goin, tbh... ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sorry got the old helmet hood attached so wouldn't get past the gate inspection ;)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Bracken, get off the floor and stop laughing!;)

In a rare moment of weakness, I'll say I do feel sorry for the genuine Man U fans who live or grew up within a 20 mile radius of the ground and whose family have supported the club for generations.

So to them... :fluffle:

But to "fans" like this...

"I've been a Manchester United fan all my life, and I am devastated by this. How can the club sell us out like this. I've bought three replica shirts a year every year, and even went to a game a few years back, although it took me a long time to find the ground. And with city possibly in Europe, and Liverpool in the Champions League final, this is terrible.

Jon, Milton Keynes"

(genuine post on the BBC 606 website)

:puke:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
In a rare moment of weakness, I'll say I do feel sorry for the genuine Man U fans who live or grew up within a 20 mile radius of the ground and whose family have supported the club for generations.

So to them... :fluffle:

But to "fans" like this...

"I've been a Manchester United fan all my life, and I am devastated by this. How can the club sell us out like this. I've bought three replica shirts a year every year, and even went to a game a few years back, although it took me a long time to find the ground. And with city possibly in Europe, and Liverpool in the Champions League final, this is terrible.

Jon, Milton Keynes"

(genuine post on the BBC 606 website)

standard Manure fan, tbh...

oh, and Bracken, jus saw your sig... *coughs*FiveForTheSpurs*coughs* ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Football sucks, Snowboarding > Football :(

Snowboardings just one step up from skateboarding. Basically for kids who talk Bill & Ted and think they look cool in trousers 10 sizes to big for em. Try sandboarding, wakeboarding or kite surfing instead.

Taking part in any sport > watching football

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:

I don't think you can limit it to a 20 mile radius tbh.. I have supported Man U all my life (even got the Man U baby-grows to prove it :p) and so have my mum and dad and we all live in Northern Ireland. Ok I havent been to as many matches as people that live in the area but my student funds sort of limit that. Doesn't make me any less of a fan..

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i am a manu fan and i wasnt in favour of this take over by the yank... but business is business=) When the club first sold out to the stocks it was the means to a corperate franchize.. all these fans that are taking to the streets and going on about the yank should stfu imho.. they themselves are ruining progress -_-

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Conchabar said:
i am a manu fan and i wasnt in favour of this take over by the yank... but business is business=) When the club first sold out to the stocks it was the means to a corperate franchize.. all these fans that are taking to the streets and going on about the yank should stfu imho.. they themselves are ruining progress -_-

Fair enough, but how can a 550 million debt be classed as progress. The clubs profits were reported as halved in the March statement. Paying off debt that large with falling profits and higher wage bills could be a problem.

I would agree that fans making protests like encouraging people not to buy new merchandise will only hurt the club. As a business he has to make a big profit to keep the interest payments up and pay off the loan. If the protests work then the club will have to sell players (reduce wage bill) to service the debt. The only losers will be the fans. Glazer can sell everything off and clear the debt. Probably even make a good profit on it too. He's in a no loss situation. That's business for ya!

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
Fair enough, but how can a 550 million debt be classed as progress. The clubs profits were reported as halved in the March statement. Paying off debt that large with falling profits and higher wage bills could be a problem.

I would agree that fans making protests like encouraging people not to buy new merchandise will only hurt the club. As a business he has to make a big profit to keep the interest payments up and pay off the loan. If the protests work then the club will have to sell players (reduce wage bill) to service the debt. The only losers will be the fans. Glazer can sell everything off and clear the debt. Probably even make a good profit on it too. He's in a no loss situation. That's business for ya!

+1 mate.
You nailed it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Sorry to say it but your fucked.

Im a lifelong Leeds fan, and although I cant stand your club, youll end up like Nottingham Forest or Leeds :<

He bought your club to make money for himself, then probably leave you high and dry

Brite

Banned
Most proper football fans are loving every minute of this, man utd was on the stock market they knew the risks that anyone could take over the club but hey they did it.

They are doing all these demonstrations like the world is coming to an end and all the people burning up season tickets lol, bet they where photocopys. No ways manure fans would go watch afc united play shitty league football, the fact they even made this plan is comical. Go and cry into your sky remote and support chelsea, every united fan says they have been a life long supporter ect ect. but my bets are on you cant show me any tickets, fuck i bet ive been to old trafford more times than 90% of man utd supporters.

When an MP for Wrexham stood up in the house of commons asking for somthing to be done about the financial state of wrexham and he got laughed out of the place, now all these MPs are coming out saying such takeovers should be stopped, why should united get special treatment they shouldn't, fuck united, i hope glazer renames you, sells off the ground to gippos and move you to china.

Most Man Utd "supporters" arnt supporters, they just watch when it suits them, be that ofcourse at home or in the pub which isnt hard, and gloat when it suits them, ofcourse being an oldham supporter you have to put up with shit from these people that dont even go to the games, who wonder why i support a so called crap team, ignoring the loyalty to my club, who were once top flight for 3 years, but being manure fans you wouldnt know shit about that, looking forward to man utd not winning anything for years to come

oh and the die glazer banners and the burning of that shit just shows what a bunch of wankers they are, not all man utd fans, but most, if not all ;) for fucks sake you where doing it before you even found out what he was doing, 1 grand season tickets please glazer

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Brite said:
Most proper football fans are loving every minute of this, man utd was on the stock market they knew the risks that anyone could take over the club but hey they did it.

They are doing all these demonstrations like the world is coming to an end and all the people burning up season tickets lol, bet they where photocopys. No ways manure fans would go watch afc united play shitty league football, the fact they even made this plan is comical. Go and cry into your sky remote and support chelsea, every united fan says they have been a life long supporter ect ect. but my bets are on you cant show me any tickets, fuck i bet ive been to old trafford more times than 90% of man utd supporters.

When an MP for Wrexham stood up in the house of commons asking for somthing to be done about the financial state of wrexham and he got laughed out of the place, now all these MPs are coming out saying such takeovers should be stopped, why should united get special treatment they shouldn't, fuck united, i hope glazer renames you, sells off the ground to gippos and move you to china.

Most Man Utd "supporters" arnt supporters, they just watch when it suits them, be that ofcourse at home or in the pub which isnt hard, and gloat when it suits them, ofcourse being an oldham supporter you have to put up with shit from these people that dont even go to the games, who wonder why i support a so called crap team, ignoring the loyalty to my club, who were once top flight for 3 years, but being manure fans you wouldnt know shit about that, looking forward to man utd not winning anything for years to come

oh and the die glazer banners and the burning of that shit just shows what a bunch of wankers they are, not all man utd fans, but most, if not all ;) for fucks sake you where doing it before you even found out what he was doing, 1 grand season tickets please glazer

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
oh dear

according to the Independent this morning Glazer needs to borrow another £109 million so the debt is actually going to be......

£649 million

he wants to delist the club by 22nd June if he can and there wont be any early promises to fans about transfer funds etc

could be looking at about £52 million a year in interest although it could be higher as some of the money (£85 million of one £265 million loan for instance) was borrowed at a much higher interest rate (11.3%) and not all interest rates were disclosed.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
elisera said:
I don't think you can limit it to a 20 mile radius tbh.

True, but you get the idea. If your family has always supported the club then it's covered :D

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Football sucks, Snowboarding > Football :(

dude, i'd agree but i live in London and the closest thing we had to a slope was actually torm down and levelled abotu 5 years back - i swear they want to turn the South East into a tribute to Denmark :(

Anyway, i abandoned the board and went and got myself a GT Ruckus 1.0 at the beggining of the year and have enjoyed myself immensly, causing myself great physical harm doing stupid things on it

:clap: go me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom