Man Sues IBM for being fired after Cybersex!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Here's a link to the article

For those who dont want to read, a guy in the US got fired for going onto adult chat rooms while at work. IBM had warned him not to, but the guy is arguing that, since he is a sex addict, they shouldnt have fired him but given him treatment.

I'm so glad I dont live in the US =)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl aw man time and place!

i really really don't see why it should be up to companies to get treatment for their employees tbh, if the empoyee has a problem and doesnt tell the work and it affects their ability to do the job i think the work has the right to sling em out, if they employee makes it clear from the start of the condition they have a problem they company still shouldnt be responsible for getting treatment but could be more sympathetic with time off etc.

people just want babying too much these days bring back laissez-Faire thats what i say!

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Everything is a condition or a syndrome or an addiction... it's all bullshit realy :p He just likes spanking his johnson, but time and a place indeed!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I want sex, can I get that? Instead of money. (Money after, is acceptable)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
law of tort is fucking screwed in US :/

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kinda got to feel sorry for him (in a way) - vietnam seems to have fucked him up.

No way he should beable to sue though, wrongfull dismissal? rofl!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I hope Sex Addiction is never a recognised mental illness, or the whole age group of 15-21yr old males will be commited to mental institution.

Nate

FH is my second home
Rehab would become the new Blue Oyster Bar ;/

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
IBM are also one of the few companys that tried to sue itself in the US ;) so not very suprised.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I worked for IBM for almost 6 years, these type of things happend all the time... and once you speak to management and see there directors etc and have been in meetings... it all makes sense :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
come to think about it.. wasent there a case in the US a few years ago where someone actually got right? seem to remember he also got fired for something like this, claimed he was a addict and got i dunno how many millions for it....

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
now that is shocking. im not sure how a duty of care is owed at all, with a problem like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom