Malmohus...

P

pudzy

By far the best place in midguard to xp and get drops in my view this place does my head in with the fact i have to relog every 30mins to regain a good fps :/ is there a problem with my setup or is daoc just adding to its list of bugs ? :/ tho this probably aint new but hoping someone from mythic will take note of this and explain the problem and what they are doing to prevent it from happening again and again.

Wish they'd fix that damn trade bug too :)

S

SilverHood

tell me about it.. even with a monster pc that can show aoe spells in RvR, I get permanent yellow triangle in the performance bar indicating Frame rate

even with /effects off it's still bad

E

erl

Run with /effects self/none all the time. I've found that it takes waaaay longer before I have to relog if I use no effects all the time. Otherwise, blame mythic ;)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by erl
Run with /effects self/none all the time.
Downside to that is that you'll be breaking mesmerisation when pulls get a bit hectic.

K

klavrynd

All i ever get is the "statusbug" or "linebug" where you see a random line of text (actions you did before) at the bottom of your statusbox, really annoying

i do not have a monster pc ( p3 667 + matrox g450 (no 3d)) and run with /effects all without any problem

to ayam's remark: that really isn't a problem is everyone follows the MA and the peeler know that a monster is mesmerised when it stops hitting him/her

E

erl

Agreed Klav, I've never had any problems with breaking mez. As long as you're not ma or peeler and know how to use ma (although too many don't know it) it's not a problem.

M

Mikal

the problem with the top of a random line of text appearing in your text window is simple to fix, just resize the window a bit or change tabs (ei, switch to "broad" and back again). You can even pull a button to your quick bar to switch tabs by holding shift and (right?)clicking one the tabs

D

Damon_D

well only real problem i have in malmø ..well besides getting in a group..is keeping the group together if peopel have to wait more than 2 minutes, completly destroyed my night of xp'ing tonite , we had 2 groups allmost full need like 1-2 peopel more , then peopel start leaving for another group at lair.. and me the nice guy I am even turned an invite to that group down..Guesse its every troll for himself there.... Just realised being a nice guy and a team player wont help you in malmø... plz someone prove me wrong :(

K

klavrynd

does this sound familiar ?

"exp sucks"

"exp sucks, can i come to g1"

"exp in g1 sucks"

3-4 teams at lair and speedpull! when will they get it?

O

old.Mousah

I know what your talking about Damon, i was in that group, and yes i was in group 2, and at 41 the exp isnt uber in group 2, but still, 6 m/mob and you keep on pulling them in high speed gives better exp then pull them with dt...

I left after a while, but not to join up with the lair group but after seeing 7 ppl go away i decided to go and help out at the relic raid.

one more thing, i had the list today, the list from both groups and i noticed how some ppl tryed to get their friends/guildies in group before the ppl that were sitting by the yar and waiting for their turn to group, i wont mention any name of thoose players, but plz, if there is a a list going on, follow it....its not fun sitting waiting 5-6 hours for a group and then find out your getting screwed, and if your gonna continue doing it, why not just skip the list system?...

Skullbasher TinCanCrusher
Skald at 41
<Clan Chaos>

G

Gwaya

Malmo has totally degenerated after the release of DF and the "repop" of expgroups in mhus. Earlier it used to be a nice quiet place (ok Im willing to reconsider nice) where people got along just fine. nobody complained for beeing in G2 and all were friends. Nowdays it takes about 30 mins before someone says "Hey! The exp in G2 sux!" and after that the flames are at full throtel.

Some people don´t seeme to accept that it actually is quite logical that the exp isn´t high since they are hitting the same mob as 8 lvl 46+. The other strange thing is that even if G1 is getting bad exp nobody whines about it. Why is that?

Im gonna be a happy camper when I get out of that hellhole and I will not be going back no matter what. Oh yeah. If you have hopes on beeing one of the most unapreciated guys in midgard try holding the list for a day. I guarantee you that noone, or very few, will say that you do a good job with it.

O

old.Gromnir

hehe :)

Well i'v tryed beeing in a malmo group where the exp sucked big time for both G1 and G2, mainly because most of the poeple took a 2min break after each kill like they do when killing stuff in where ever they do it. The main point of malmo being a great place for exp is not the individual exp comming of each mob, its the add_togeather_in_the_end exp that matters. Because its gotter be clear to all them when 2 or more groups are hitting the same bloody mob the exp level will drop like hell, but if you can pull the mobs at a rath of 1½ times faster then with a normale group everybody will in the end get 1½ more exp in the time it takes to get 1.

But sure malmo is a hell hole was before DF and will also be after DF. But if you dont like the exp in malmo pasted level 40 try getting a group to raum and enter the vally of the sleeipnersons, they are great got a nice ph-fat bonus and there is quite afew of them. Getting bored with horsies ? try the boardleafs they rock.

And thank god in not holding a list :rolleyes:

A

Aurilius

Malmø groups

First i would like to state that EVERY1 needs to hold the list atleast once ... the sooner the better! Couse after they have been holding list for 5 min. and got the first 14+ private msg's + The 2 groups janking you for next dude from list to join group + after 10 min. same 14+ people asking you if there is any change in their number on list - they will know what its like and maybe change view on the job as listholder.

I did hold list 3-5 times while exping from 47 to 50. At the same time im GM for my guild (Guild not very big, but i consider it to be very active, witch means i get some guild msg's also, witch i need to answer). This means that i got a pretty fast view on how it can stress out the listholder. Sometimes to the point where he or she hand's over the list and log's :( Main issue here is: have patience people and the listholder have more room to get next man on list fast and the pull's can procide.

Next: Healer's / Runemaster's bypasses list, couse if there is non - no pull's can be made.

To give my answer to the issue about people trying to get their friend's ect on list and trying to go around the list i can say this ... many times when people get into groups before others on list is couse groups dont listen to listholder - it happend for me that all of a sudden some1 ho never was listet had been invitet to G2. :rolleyes: So it's not always the listholders fault.

If you are going to malmø from other zone, msg some1 in malmø and get the name of listholder, msg the listholder and get on list - then make your way to malmø.

If you are logged in malmø, get on the list and play some alt while waiting. make sure you give listholder 1 msg with your class, lvl, alt name ect. To make downtime less for all, give msg to list holder if you are: Logging, not going to malmø anyway ect. Way to many get on list - log - and listholder need to msg 6+ people ho are not online before he get to some1 ho actually is playing. And all this time there is 5+ people sitting on the hill and waiting at their screen ready go get in group - but their number on list is 15+ :(

Fact is that its damn hard to arrange duo groups with 15 individuals - so try to work together - have more patience - and remember, its not everyone ho can type 250+ letter's per min. :D

More teamwork midgard ... mainly inrealm. Ohh 1 last thing. I made a Eldrich on Ex server loong time ago. The first thing i noticed when i log my char in for the first time was a pbt i had on me :D Every time i was exping at those mudman thing's by a bridge i got buffed. My point is, I have noticed that more and more in Midgard are beginning to buff eachother (without some1 asking for it). :clap:

I never run around with my healer with left conc to spare!

S

Sarnat

Malmo wouldn't be so bad if we had enough high level healers. Then there could be 3 or so pull groups at busy hours. Now it's 1-2. Seems like the healer isnt very popular class atm. Well, popular enough, I'd say.

It wasnt such a bitch earlier when it 1st came out, was more lack of RMs or high enough tanks back then, but not as bad as the lack of healers. There basically were no lists (atleast list with 20+ people on them!).

O

old.tuppe

DF maybe slow many peoples lvl:ing? and we are now getting those, including me, move to malmo and lvl char to 50.
lists are huge sadly, but waite copple weeks or even in one week we have nice ammount new, fresh meat who are hungry to rvr.

just hate when its so difficult to get in or is better word impossible?, made 4 succesfull solo trip, suddenly 4 time died and last time i get even killed one xp group (ask ress) :( feels still bad, sorry Blejsisarus&co!

sad thing is malmo is only place for quite fast lvl:ng after 40, offcourse if not use buffbott, spindel is full of groups and hate sit same spot hour or day after day.
DF? well, there is nice spots too, but believe many our realmates get bored after alb/hibs zerg to mids area, same time noticing there was nothing to us what was usefull or we had that allready.

B

Blood

down south of dun crim there is also a great xp area for 2 low 40's groups

S

Solid

Midgard Frontier is a great xp area, esp Jamatlands, the Striders are yellow/orange to 50, always at full camp bonus and drop quite often. The Wraith camps in Jam are also great, orange-red con to 50, drop amazing loot aka Raumarik and again never camped.

Bonus being you are close to Odins for RvR if the need arises and can run along to Svasud if u need to port to Emain/Hadrians.

For all those wanting to aquire a band of ice, Wraiths in Jam are your best chance.

K

krill-nyd

Solid!! Ssssshhhhh You're ruining my favourite current spots. Dirges are also pretty good in early-mid 40s. And the Bone-eater camp on the Jamt-Odins borderis alright as well. Things are close enough together to move on when necessary.

T

Takers Zamora

Going back to this list on Malmo...

Last week I was on this infamous list for 2.5 hrs and got called to the lair group, so off i ran as fast as my lil dorf legs could take me to the lair to find out that my spot had in fact gone to someone else because the listholder had taken too long.

I then run back to Yar to get safe and end up getting killed, and then when I ask for help no one would rez me!

Now, I very nearly quit the game for good at this point, not because of what happened necessarily but because of the elitist selfish attitude of the players concerned.

No one apologised, it was like "this sort of thing happens in Malmo, live with it"

Now if I had been the person who took my place in the group as the decent thing I would have stepped down but as they were "0.6 from 50, itll only take 30 mins and then you can have my place" then that was never going to happen

Anyway rant over, and Im still carrying on...

S

Sarnat

About the FPS issue:

It's probably a bug in the engine that it doesn't release all the memory it uses and slightly builds up crap in the memory untill the FPS starts dropping. This will hopefully be fixed with 1.53C (the game should unload all items beyond 2500 range or was it 25000...) Or maybe when Shrouded Isle comes with the new engine.

Z

zardoz

I would like to thank all the peeps who have posted in this thread, i went to malmo for the 1st time (lvl39) as there was a healer shortage. I left reluctantly last night at lvl 41, purely to train for my 1st insta mezz (ok and to start my epic :) I had an enjoyable 2 days xping and due to reading this thread knew what to expect and made allowances for it. I did experience some xp in g2 is shit etc and a minor relog for fps issues, but on the whole it was not too annoying, i even managed to grp with Mammoth without incident ;) suffice to say as a healer I dont have to wait as long as some others for a grp which i guess makes the "malmo experience" less painfull for me.

One last thanks to Takers for getting me in my 1st grp.

I'll be back standing on Yar hill the next time i can find a friendly skald to run me in, then i'll not be leaving till i'm 50 hurrah!

S

SilverHood

number 14 on list at the moment

I'm hoping when I login, in about 4 hours time, I'll be at the top

O

old.tuppe

Originally posted by Takers Zamora
Going back to this list on Malmo...

Last week I was on this infamous list for 2.5 hrs and got called to the lair group, so off i ran as fast as my lil dorf legs could take me to the lair to find out that my spot had in fact gone to someone else because the listholder had taken too long.

I then run back to Yar to get safe and end up getting killed, and then when I ask for help no one would rez me!

Now, I very nearly quit the game for good at this point, not because of what happened necessarily but because of the elitist selfish attitude of the players concerned.

No one apologised, it was like "this sort of thing happens in Malmo, live with it"

Now if I had been the person who took my place in the group as the decent thing I would have stepped down but as they were "0.6 from 50, itll only take 30 mins and then you can have my place" then that was never going to happen

Anyway rant over, and Im still carrying on...

well about this your spot was taked, probably that who was your place dont even know you was coming.
he just run to group, join and ask whos MA etc stuff and start hits mob/or puff people.
but what annoy me sometimes and badly! is when i ask who has list, get answer and send pm to holder, dont get any message back!!
know its impossible send it immediatly if fight but after 5 minute and no answer, maybe some holder need do little better his job, or dont spam so much cg.

as a berserker cannot explore any other places, or where get even desent xp, whitout pull abilitie its clearly so risky.
body pull is great weapon if use correct :)

Users who are viewing this thread