Malmohus still dead?

M

Marcus75

I've been offline/working the last couple of days and was just curious if the madness is up and running or if it's still dead?

I guess summer and the new patch is to blame but it really is getting silly now - as a guildmate said; You almost miss the place. :D

I

ixnay

Aye, still dead afaik, but looking to go there tomorrow mornin with my SB.
Was the problem just with people playing about with /level 20 and off on there hols ?
If so, anyone reading this wanna get there 40+ characters there tomorrow and we spark something up ? :)

O

old.Isos

cant belive there were list and loads of people in malmo before

its usually just my guild expgroup there and were lv 37 and still malmo is 10 times better than spindelhalla

S

scarffs

Malmo is dead because 1.62 changed a lot of things there.
Diiferent monster pathing, no more safe spots ( or different ), dragon aggros safe hill etcetc.
The people who go there now will either have to fire it up again by discovering everything the hard way, or go xp somewhere else.

J

Jaem

Originally posted by scarffs

Diiferent monster pathing, no more safe spots ( or different ), dragon aggros safe hill etcetc.

They just gota ruin everything thats easy :(

malmo pbae was best ever :(

G

gudrex

It's not that big of a difference.....just that the Execs spawn a bit closer to the "stone"...but it's just to take a few steps back and u are fine...and i havn't seen the dragon aggro on the safehill yet so i guess that doesn't happen too often either. I hope malmö will be up and running soon enough again...cuz i need to get those last 3.5 lvls with my next gimp

K

kjel

Go populate Trollheim you gimps! There's a smegging BAR in there, with a BARTENDER, and they have FREE BEER!

Can also do the infinite xp pull with the alchemist guy who animates hordes of high level plate things, just pbae away until you turn a better shade of blue or until your power bar vanishes and you realise you better run like hell. Or just kill him when you need to rest.

Example cool stuff you get in the bar:

Olen's Mug (he's the bartender)
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=8009

Snemel's Dancing Mug (!!!)
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=5823

Snemel's Mug of Cheer (aka Kjel's Mug of Infinite Beer)
as the Dancing Mug but +4 stealth instead of +4 LA

I know they're crap, but they're MUGS!!!

MUGS I TELL YOU! THEY HOLD BEER!!!

And yes I just got back from the smegging FFA TG raid.

X

xplo

Well we went there with our pbaoe xp group and it was quite empty, a good place for 1 fg pbaoe is the spot with that named one with a 3 letter name, forgot his name :p

J

jammin0o

I went there with guild hunt the other day and i was thinking to myself "hey! this could be the new malmo, so hey dag nammit, lets get started!

Trollheimfortehwin1!

But seriously my healer is 38, so once i hit the "malmo" levels i will try and arrange some kind of regular (maybe even listed :bore: ) Malmo style TH hunts!

O

old.tuppe

there is other spots but malmo was the place peeps went.
agree, need just copple peeps who has time and effort look around in malmo, spot agro ranges, safe spots etc etc.

send me pm if go there, i can bring my 50 healer there just for ressing, and helping peeps get this going again.
malmo is hated spot but was place where i many time meet old malmo friends, new 50, learn to know each other.

this week evening shift, send pm to someone who online mornings in guild and you surely catch me :).

btw notice those axehand drakulvs before h-stones was agroing to me even hug wall, spot to be carefull.

problem whit SI areas are, there is still some who dont have SI expansion.

C

chronicle

Originally posted by xplo
Well we went there with our pbaoe xp group and it was quite empty, a good place for 1 fg pbaoe is the spot with that named one with a 3 letter name, forgot his name :p

yar :)

S

Sarnat

How fast do people forget?

When Malmo first came out people exped at the lair. At some point the "oldest safe hill" on right side of lair wasn't safe anymore and for some other reasons the group that went on for whole day moved to "Yar spot" because it has slightly lower average level. With a good group you could still go to lair though. I don't know if Yar is still safe from the dragon but I suspect that this is the case. People used to go there all the way from lair during DT. Dunno when the "new safehill" was spotted at lair (it's on different side than the "old").

My guess is that a proper Yar group could still exp there as long as people can be arsed to play their chars properly (which can be hard). I wonder how many times I died in malmo because tanks were AFK in combat mode on the stone...

Umm anyways... the point was... Go try Yar!

I end my babble now.

B

Big-G-

think also a big prob is its nigh on impossible (so im told) to make ure way solo to the lair now

gotta say since malmo died, and coz im a lazy bast, ive given up exp'ing coz i know i dont have my safety net to carry me to 50 anymore ;/

roll on planetside :D

C

Cyradix

did a /who malmo this morning at 11 and there were 0 peeps :D

L

luin

why do mids only xp 45+ in malmo?? its stupidly dangerous, why not xp in vanern or raumarik!! those places are dead.....

mmmm, 3 year camp bonuses.... <drools>

O

old.tuppe

spawn time.
i have been doing trees rauma, fine place but slow spawn, vanern hard to find good camp + fast spawn.
midgards only place old days.
SI have some options, sadly in epic dungeons, put up spot where is fast spawn whit mobs 55+, safe to go solo and you have it.

B

Big-G-

i dinged 50 at yar
was with 1fg tho, not too shit xp wise

Users who are viewing this thread