Making money off air

I

ivan_tribbiani

OK, before you start flaming away, I am not sure that this information is fully legit and valid but just had to post this.

Well not exactly air but rather close to it hipothetically. The company that designed and programmed EQ is releasing a patch <if im correct, the only purpose for the release is to add the following [read on]> that allegedly will be allowing players to change their characters names. The pleasure of doing so will cost a mere 49,99 denominated in USD.

Good job Goa for not doing such thing to us, ehem.

I

ivan_tribbiani

Was posted in some Game related Russian magazine..... so im not sure how valid this is.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

This is true; either Verant is squeezing its customers dry or their name database is a real mess; guess which is more probable.

S

SFXman

That's actually the same for Ultima Online, but theirs is like 29,99 or something... I remember reading somewhere that this is meant to reduce the selling of accounts or some crap like that... somewhere. But one could almost think that it promotes it since people are already paying hundreds of bucks for an accounts so like 29,99 wouldn't even be much...

P

- Pathfinder -

Indeed. You could always fabricate a story as to why your name is unsuitable, then get 20+ people to report you on getRight :)

O

old.tRoG

please please please please please let goa introduce this ;)

then i can change my name from trubadur and stop those damn teenage swedes from saying hehehehehehehe, that means hornblower. you blow horns, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. im a filthy bugger hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.tRoG
please please please please please let goa introduce this ;)

then i can change my name from trubadur and stop those damn teenage swedes from saying hehehehehehehe, that means hornblower. you blow horns, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. im a filthy bugger hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

TRoG IS TEH F4GG0T!!1

...hornblower... *cackles* ... fluteblower would have been worse, though:)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Swedes have peculiar humour.
Bahahahahahahah! Ask a finn if they have peculiar humor or are they just very very peculiar... just about every finn goes for the latter :rolleyes:
To the point though... I hope that GOA don't implement this damn system...

O

old.dittytwo

well dont forget that EQ has a had price increase
that charge for the name changes

not too mention the have dedicated server that cost $39.99 a month but you do get 24/7 help and extra stuff

yeah and that is why i left EQ
not to mention DAoC is a lot better IMO

S

SFXman

$39.99 A MONTH TO PLAY THE GAME?! What kind of SHIT is that? 24/7 support... who the fuck needs that, I mean sure it costs loads to pay the staff who work on it but still... what extra stuff? Better be damn good...
I just never heard of such a thing and it sounds very extreme. What is a dedicated server supposed to be then, hehe... besides 24/7 support. All MMORPG servers should be dedicated in teh sense that they are up at all hours of the day, and they are... I think.

O

old.tRoG

i think verant have realised their game is slowly dying, and are now getting as much money as possible before they have to give up the ghost.

I

ivan_tribbiani

From purely financial point of view what they are doing aint smart ie making people flee the servers. When the product reaches its final stage before becoming abundunt you usually get out of it as if it was a sinking ship. In EQs case they are bloody late at turning it into Cashcow it could have been. I call this ab 'fecking' surd.

I

ivan_tribbiani

/emote reads Trogs post... thinks for a while then starts typing...

Now thats what i call a doublepost.... only by different people ehem.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

Given my nationality, 'tis no great revelation :m00:

I always knew the people of the republic island of nanignawot were a bit like swedish. Thanks for clearing it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom