Make the "base" client for DAoC free!

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Do like Funcome did to AO, make the base-client free (no monthly fee) to bring some nwe ppl to DAoC Europe.

In the long run I think that will bring alot of new subscribers for GOA, since the new ppl probably want the high-end stuff that the expansions bring.

Flow

One of Freddy's beloved
I think he means just "classic" daoc lands.

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Actually a nice idea, think alot would want to try it out if the basic stuff was free

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
well since the game dont support "Classic" and "SI" they had to give away TOA accounts. and thats actually enough to complete in rvr (sure you get some nice stuff in DR and Cata, but you CAN do without it, its not like SI vs TOA. and my BB still just got toa activated :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Basic_X said:
well since the game dont support "Classic" and "SI" they had to give away TOA accounts. and thats actually enough to complete in rvr (sure you get some nice stuff in DR and Cata, but you CAN do without it, its not like SI vs TOA. and my BB still just got toa activated :p
Well, they could still make a Toa_Free account orso, with no access to the trials, only access to the classic lands, perhaps SI lands aswell...

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
You can give them a ToA account for free but prevent access to New Frontiers or maybe prevent them getting above lvl 45 or something. Any serious player would have to start paying to play properly but you could experience alot more of the game than the 14 day free trial currently being offered.

Nyssa

Fledgling Freddie
That's a real good idea. They could even limit the number of characters to 1 or 2 and some other restrictions like the lvl 45 one. It's enough to get new players sucked in and before they know it, they've got an active payed subscription :p

14 days is not enough to get them addicted :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
theres a new feature where you can have an account within an account, they should remove sub on that, 10 char slots just isn't enough!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The 14 day free trial option was always doomed to failure.

If I looked at what I did during my first 14 days in the game, and looked at what would happen if I did them again today, i'd of spent 14 days running about without seeing more than 3 people, who would probably of ignored me anyway.

In order to get people hooked you need to give them a taster of what the real game is like. A 14 day free trial where you get an account you can /level 20 on and go to thid would be a much better advertisement for the game.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Its an easy way for mythic to save daoc. its a shame they are incompetent and lack experience how mmorpgs develops and function over time since they dont play themselves. They have been wasting alot of money these last years.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
The 14 day free trial option was always doomed to failure.

If I looked at what I did during my first 14 days in the game, and looked at what would happen if I did them again today, i'd of spent 14 days running about without seeing more than 3 people, who would probably of ignored me anyway.

In order to get people hooked you need to give them a taster of what the real game is like. A 14 day free trial where you get an account you can /level 20 on and go to thid would be a much better advertisement for the game.
So what you're saying then is that the community drives new players away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom