Majestic Will NERF

Nocode

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1353.shtml

As you know, the documentation for the Majestic Will realm ability says that it gives the user a bonus to hit – 5% per level, and up to three levels. So, technically, at its best, Majestic Will should have been granting a bonus of 15%.

Players who have been blowing away epic monsters, however, know that the actual granted bonus is much higher. We’ve always tracked how often the epic monsters and dragons die, and the rate is fast increasing. So, we need to make Majestic Will reflect its listed documentation immediately. We’re about to start running a hot fix to do so – so keep that in mind as you head out for raids tonight. Also, since we have some idea as to the impact of this, we decided to also run a hot fix to change the ability’s timer – the corrected Majestic Will has had its timer reduced from 30 minutes to ten minutes.

Now, just FYI – this is not the last you’re going to hear on this topic. Later this week, we are planning to do the following:

- The Aug Acuity III pre-requisite for Majestic Will will be removed.
- Majestic Will will be changed to have 5 levels instead of 3.
- Cost per level will be: Level I – 1 point, Level II – 3 points, Level III – 6 points, Level IV – 10 points, Level V – 14 points.
- All costs and bonuses are cumulative; meaning that Majestic Will V will cost 34 realm ability points and give a 25% bonus against spell resists.

We will also be refunding the cost of Majestic Will in the next patch. The changes we’re putting up tonight will stay in place. Finally, please note that we’re still discussing our plans for later in the week, and your feedback to the class balance folder is welcome.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Perfectly sensible change really.

Noone will deny its overpowered in PvE currently - its only the cost and its uselessness in RvR that prevents people using it regularly. If it wasnt for TOA very very few people would have it.

Chilly

Balls of steel
eggy said:
Dep is gonna be mad!
not that mad mate, since when did GOA do anyhtign teh americans did within a month?

iv got PLENTY of time to whoop some ass!!

Aussie

Banned
Chilly said:
not that mad mate, since when did GOA do anyhtign teh americans did within a month?

iv got PLENTY of time to whoop some ass!!

DF worm, 3hours after US hotfix

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Aussie said:
DF worm, 3hours after US hotfix
Sure

How many of these hotfixes have Mythic had in the last two years? Probably 100+

How many have GOA applied to their servers in a short period of time?

Its possible that we'll see a version of this patch soon (ie before 1.68) - but its highly unlikely.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Thats a nerf?

Well from what i gather on there, it is now possible to get a 25% bonus to hit with spells CHEAPER now AND the timer has been reduced to 10 minutes.

From what ive seen, this is quite a good improvement rather than a nerf. :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Thats a nerf?

Well from what i gather on there, it is now possible to get a 25% bonus to hit with spells CHEAPER now AND the timer has been reduced to 10 minutes.

if u read what they say: that the actully bonus was/are much higher then 10%.
Btw nerf, in its original meaning, dont need to be a bad thingh, it can also be an improvment!!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Yes but they said it will be changed 5% per level as documented but they are adding the extra 2 levels to the RA to make up for that.

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Thats a nerf?

yes,so you get 25% instead of 100% :p

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Gah, i understand it needed a nerf.. but wtf are casters needed for in raids then? how can i get to good raids? how can we kill big mobs with guild group?

Just gotta hope this doesn't come to europe soon..

:(

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
Gah, i understand it needed a nerf.. but wtf are casters needed for in raids then? how can i get to good raids? how can we kill big mobs with guild group?

What a bizarre post! By your logic, I'd imagine casters were never included in raids before MW came along then?!

Casters have always been, and will always be an important part of any raid group in any Realm. Killing big mobs will be the same as it's always been - a war of attrition. It just takes time!

Have you just bought that account? Your comments smack a little of 'n00bness' IMHO :)

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
I like the look of the change tbh. The point cost (6,10,14) was just totally insane considering it is JUST a pve RA! Important thing is that it will still give casters something to do other than melee epic mobs with their staff :eek:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
currently it's way overpowered - MW3 = full damage/no resists on level 83 monsters given a group or two attacking with you = legion dead within the 30s of MW3....

the price changes make it a bit more accessible to the normal caster - and given it's every 10m, a little bit of damage every 10m sounds like what ye'll get.

(rather than annihilating anything every 30m)

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
My guess is that the working version is much like the Necromancer specific RA Strike the Soul, which gets the full 25%. I have tested Strike the Soul and it's pretty mediocre. On top of that I bet Mythic ignore Strike the Soul and it's 30 minute timer. Strike the Soul costs 10 ra points and I'd argue whether it's worth that, 34 ra points for such an ability is extreme.

I took my Necromancer to Lyn Barfog to try Strike the Soul on the epics up there. On Teaz it allowed me to hit twice with the power tap using a full bar of power (powertap indicated it's level was 72). I had my best results on The King of the Barfog Hills in which I managed to hit around 8 times before running out of power (for 2-300 damage a time). Then I tried Mouth, I managed to hit once with an instant lifetap using all my power. Next I tried Mouth again, only using instant lifetaps, I managed to hit 3 times with my entire power pool. There's a couple of things to bear in mind, firstly the Necromancers higher resist rates in general. Secondly this was all with only one additional attackers, a tanking Paladin to protect my puny arse. Thirdly these Epic mobs were around level 70, fairly low level to the mobs MW is suppose to be killing at the moment.

With a larger force the results might be better, but if 25% only allows you on average two spell hits I can see MW and Sts being used only for debuffing and not damage. I think Sts is probably a worth while ability if it allows only a single AF debuff on something like Apocolypse (I've seen the effects of this :)). But is it worth 34 points for a more standard caster?

But more testing is required.

Talifer

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
What a bizarre post! By your logic, I'd imagine casters were never included in raids before MW came along then?!

Casters have always been, and will always be an important part of any raid group in any Realm. Killing big mobs will be the same as it's always been - a war of attrition. It just takes time!

Have you just bought that account? Your comments smack a little of 'n00bness' IMHO :)

Casters.. atleast in mid (except pbt runie) don't really do anything on big hunts like tg/dragon etc, all spells get resisted. And staff dmg isnt really uber imo.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
MW3 is/was a perfectly reasonable RA imho
its 40points wich gimps your caster completly for RvR
but gives 1minute of glory every 30minutes in PvE
2pallys can solo princes too
why shouldnt caster be allowed to be godly for a brief moment of time

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
was reading the VN boards...

another impact of MW - blowing level 10 lords away in seconds or pbaoeing relic keep guards ;)

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
imo if they change it, mw3 should do what mw2 does currently, with the current rp cost.

we all know it was a *tad* overpowered that a handfull of rms could decimate the dragon in like 20 seconds, and do so every half an hour, spawn permitting.

if mw3 was the current mw2, such epic encounters would still be possible, but take a more appropriate number of people. the encounter would still be over quickly, but to be fair, thats the only way casters can take out a mob; since they don't have the weaponskill, armour, hitpoints, stats to melee efficiently- its unfortunate that casters are railroaded into having to buy ras like this to stand even the remotest chance of killing high-level mobs.

of the hotfix will nerf it to uselessness, along with 90% of caster ras, and force casters to once again depend on tanks and contribute sod all to epic encounters.

Eof

Fledgling Freddie
Killed Bane at 5 o'clock with MW tried to use it at 6 o'clock and it was fixed. It now has 10 minute timer and doesnt work basically. Using MW 3 on Black revenant was resisted EVERY time. Guess the Dragon Raid's off Chilly.

Aussie

Banned
fixing savages and zekers, 1 year. fixing casters, less then a day.

wtg goa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom