Majestic Will changes

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
41,379
Good that they are sorting htis early :)

Mythic said:
IAs you know, the documentation for the Majestic Will realm ability says that it gives the user a bonus to hit – 5% per level, and up to three levels. So, technically, at its best, Majestic Will should have been granting a bonus of 15%.

Players who have been blowing away epic monsters, however, know that the actual granted bonus is much higher. We’ve always tracked how often the epic monsters and dragons die, and the rate is fast increasing. So, we need to make Majestic Will reflect its listed documentation immediately. We’re about to start running a hot fix to do so – so keep that in mind as you head out for raids tonight. Also, since we have some idea as to the impact of this, we decided to also run a hot fix to change the ability’s timer – the corrected Majestic Will has had its timer reduced from 30 minutes to ten minutes.

Now, just FYI – this is not the last you’re going to hear on this topic. Later this week, we are planning to do the following:

- The Aug Acuity III pre-requisite for Majestic Will will be removed.
- Majestic Will will be changed to have 5 levels instead of 3.
- Cost per level will be: Level I – 1 point, Level II – 3 points, Level III – 6 points, Level IV – 10 points, Level V – 14 points.
- All costs and bonuses are cumulative; meaning that Majestic Will V will cost 34 realm ability points and give a 25% bonus against spell resists.

We will also be refunding the cost of Majestic Will at the same time as the other changes. The changes we’re putting up tonight will stay in place. Finally, please note that we’re still discussing our plans for later in the week, and your feedback to the class balance folder is welcome.
 

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
259
I knew it :) We've been farming the dragon 5 times a day since we discovered this, it was plain obvious that a nerf would come. Btw, havent seen hibs doing any of these raids, have you?
 

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
280
Raven said:
Good that they are sorting htis early :)
yeah, great that they ignore the real problem and remove the only real solution casters have for their retarded to-hit code.
 

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
259
Divinia said:
Ain't ez showed on ur radar or what do you mean?
I meant that I have not seen any discussion in this forum about MW raids in hib, both mids and albs do them but the obvious caster realm does not do it. Just found it abit strange.
 

fang

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
121
Coz our dragon is the hardest? :fluffle:


Also we do .. just not 5 times a day.
 

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
41,379
Amadon said:
yeah, great that they ignore the real problem and remove the only real solution casters have for their retarded to-hit code.
Slight difference in sorting the problem and making mages high level mob killing machines, dragon in a minute (or whatever) do me a favour
 

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
135
- The realm ability Majestic Will has been changed today and is now in the same condition as it is on the US servers of Mythic. The bonus given by the realm ability were far above what they should have been. Mythic therefore decided to fix this bug yesterday and we followed this decision since it was already affecting the European servers. The Realm ability Majestic Will is also now on a 10 minutes timer. Other changes will be done in a few days regarding this realm ability
How nice of them to give us a half-ready fix, that is still under discussion on us-servers ( more later this week etc)
Wish they would have been that fast when fixing savages...
 

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
330
Harle said:
How nice of them to give us a half-ready fix, that is still under discussion on us-servers ( more later this week etc)
Wish they would have been that fast when fixing savages...
serves the bugabusers right imo xD
 

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
240
Majestic Will Changes

- There will remain three levels of Majestic Will. Unfortunately, we didn't foresee some of the technical difficulties involved in making our first 5 level *active* realm ability. (All the other "five level" RAs are passive abilities.) Since this will involve more testing than we can accomplish in an evening, we’ve decided to keep Majestic Will at three levels for now (but at the costs we promised yesterday). It was a top priority to get the "refund" patch to the live servers. We will revisit Majestic Will along with all the other Realm Abilities during the RA review that will occur in New Frontiers.
TY TY TY MYTHIC + GOA for hotfixing EU 1 patch too early and not bothering with testing this shit.

:flame: :kissit: :twak: :eek:

and when will EU get it refunded ?? in 1.69 ? LOL
 

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
327
@Ceixava: MW was overpowered, no doubt. But it wasn't bug abusing, cause mythic made it work like that, it was using a feature of the game. A feature that isn't easy to get, you need rr5 just for MW3, but then you cant chain cast for 1min, so better rr6 to get a least mcl2 as well. If you say mages with MW are bug abusers, then savages were bug abusers as well (quad-hit-rate bug).

MW needed a nerf, I agree. BUT! Going from uber dmg back to ZERO dmg and staff-fighting a mob can be the right way. The MW problem just happend because of that silly resists system. Example: A tank hits a mob for, lets so 100dmg and a caster hits the same mob for 200dmg. Now the same tank hits a bad ass mob mob for 10dmg, so the caster should be able to do 0-20dmg, just to be USEFULL. Playing a mage on epic mob raid is uber boring, I dont wanna wtf solo dragon, I just want be able to hit it at all. I'm a mage, my weapon(s) are spells, but with the new MW I wont be able to do anything again, I just go back to friar-like staff fighting a mob, great.

Mythic has proven themselfs incompetent once more.
 

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
280
Raven said:
Slight difference in sorting the problem and making mages high level mob killing machines, dragon in a minute (or whatever) do me a favour
ok raven
tell me
what did casters without MW do on epic encounters?

here's a hint - it involves a friar simulation

MW gave casters something to do which was in line with their class abilities. MW3 was overpowered, MW1 and MW2 weren't, they did let casters contribute however. The _NEW_ MW is utterly useless on epic encounters. MW3 on a 70+ mob and every spell gets resisted.

The points being,
1) MW3 requires RR5 at least
2) MW3 is on a 30 minute recast timer and lasts for 60 seconds
3) casting spells costs mana which regenerates FAR slower than endurance 4) you couldn't just kill epic level mobs with 2 or 3 players, you needed a full group with tanks, healers and casters (as opposed to pre-nerf focus which required 2 or 3 people)
5) hib dragon hasn't yet been killed with 1fg, best I've heard has been with 2fg - 1fg melee who get it to 50% and then 1fg casters who do the rest - that strikes me as being just fine, both casters and melee contribute equally. Dragon is possible with 3fg WITHOUT MW3.
6) the changes to MW were not tested AT ALL, it is utterly useless now
7) we have not been refunded the points for MW3
8) if we had MW3 before the patch, we have not even received the additional points or higher levels of MW3 according to the new costs (ie. MW3 pre nerf was 30 points, MW3 post nerf is 10 points, so we should either have 20 points free, or MW4 and 10 points free)
9) TOA encounters can still be done with small groups using animists and melee, it's just CASTERS WHO ARE SCREWED YET AGAIN
 

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
41,379
Amadon said:
ok raven
tell me
what did casters without MW do on epic encounters?

here's a hint - it involves a friar simulation

MW gave casters something to do which was in line with their class abilities. MW3 was overpowered, MW1 and MW2 weren't, they did let casters contribute however. The _NEW_ MW is utterly useless on epic encounters. MW3 on a 70+ mob and every spell gets resisted.

The points being,
1) MW3 requires RR5 at least
2) MW3 is on a 30 minute recast timer and lasts for 60 seconds
3) casting spells costs mana which regenerates FAR slower than endurance 4) you couldn't just kill epic level mobs with 2 or 3 players, you needed a full group with tanks, healers and casters (as opposed to pre-nerf focus which required 2 or 3 people)
5) hib dragon hasn't yet been killed with 1fg, best I've heard has been with 2fg - 1fg melee who get it to 50% and then 1fg casters who do the rest - that strikes me as being just fine, both casters and melee contribute equally. Dragon is possible with 3fg WITHOUT MW3.
6) the changes to MW were not tested AT ALL, it is utterly useless now
7) we have not been refunded the points for MW3
8) if we had MW3 before the patch, we have not even received the additional points or higher levels of MW3 according to the new costs (ie. MW3 pre nerf was 30 points, MW3 post nerf is 10 points, so we should either have 20 points free, or MW4 and 10 points free)
9) TOA encounters can still be done with small groups using animists and melee, it's just CASTERS WHO ARE SCREWED YET AGAIN
We have all seen the video of someone on the french server pbaoeing legion as if it was a orange/red mob which is clearly way over powered, anyone can see that. afaik the fixed MW still works but for less damage? And the excuse that they (casters) dont get to do much in epic encounters is hardly an excuse for the recent uberness of them, chanter + bard soloing Galla for example.
Mythic have to find middle ground, not make mages insanely over powered in pve, which they were before the changes. I agree the to-hits code and related systems need to be fixed but that has nothing to do with MW.
 

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
54
Raven said:
We have all seen the video of someone on the french server pbaoeing legion as if it was a orange/red mob which is clearly way over powered, anyone can see that. afaik the fixed MW still works but for less damage? And the excuse that they (casters) dont get to do much in epic encounters is hardly an excuse for the recent uberness of them, chanter + bard soloing Galla for example.
Mythic have to find middle ground, not make mages insanely over powered in pve, which they were before the changes. I agree the to-hits code and related systems need to be fixed but that has nothing to do with MW.
chanter + bard soloing galla? Not heared of hit, how did they do that? :p
 

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
41,379
Ola said:
chanter + bard soloing galla? Not heared of hit, how did they do that? :p
focus shield?
 

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
41,379
lol, yes its duo but you can have 2 versions running at the same time so it is kind of solo :D
 

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
1,217
Ardamel said:
I knew it :) We've been farming the dragon 5 times a day since we discovered this, it was plain obvious that a nerf would come. Btw, havent seen hibs doing any of these raids, have you?
Well .. all albs are rr1-rr3, so they can't afford MW3 :p
 

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
330
none of you mages whining havent heard of animists? one or two animists and you nuke high purps like they were yellow. mw was nothing but a way to get lots of loot fast.

before mw was "discovered" there were NO MAGES on EU with it, just deal with it
 

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
133
I got mw3 on my chanter and used it when nuking hib princes, all my spells was resisted. So im gone respec back to moc. Sure mw3 was abit owerpowerd but now its just waist of points.
 

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
280
Raven said:
We have all seen the video of someone on the french server pbaoeing legion as if it was a orange/red mob which is clearly way over powered, anyone can see that. afaik the fixed MW still works but for less damage? And the excuse that they (casters) dont get to do much in epic encounters is hardly an excuse for the recent uberness of them, chanter + bard soloing Galla for example.
Mythic have to find middle ground, not make mages insanely over powered in pve, which they were before the changes. I agree the to-hits code and related systems need to be fixed but that has nothing to do with MW.
have you got MW3 and tried pbaoing legion?
stop spreading bullshit disinformation and get your facts straight

1 mage with MW3 will not kill legion
3 mages with MW3 can kill him from about 60-70%, but it still takes other players quite a bit of time to get him to 70%, you also need someone who keeps aggro otherwise those mages can't do jack

a chanter and bard could _NEVER_ solo Galla, at all, no chance
it requires at least a buffbot too, that's 3 chars, and that's not soloing galla, and that can't handle all the mobs, only certain bosses, and 3 chars would have struggled greatly to do so, nevermind it would take many many hours to do.

and.. another thing you got wrong, MW3 DOES NOTHING NOW. It does not work. IT IS USELESS. Go get a caster to RR5, get MW3, and prove me wrong, I've got it and it's useless, it does NOTHING.

MW3 was NOT insanely overpowered, it was overpowered, however it did not let casters solo epics mobs, you still needed a few casters with it and tanks and support. It did allow casters to help groups complete encounters quicker, but animists still do that.

Please try check up on your facts rather than spreading lies.
 

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
280
ceixava said:
none of you mages whining havent heard of animists? one or two animists and you nuke high purps like they were yellow. mw was nothing but a way to get lots of loot fast.

before mw was "discovered" there were NO MAGES on EU with it, just deal with it
hey mr overpowered fotm tank

do you need an animist to be useful in an epic raid?

no, so why the fuck should us casters need one?
 

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
327
Raven said:
... afaik the fixed MW still works but for less damage? ...
Simply wrong, you dont hit at all! Its USELESS, completely USELESS. All spells get resisted.
If someone told me that they where going to nerf MW that fast, I wouldn't have respecced my chanter. Either I get the points refunded, like they did in US, or I'm gimped for ever. I refuse to use another respec stone, GOA fisted the mages again. Someone said, that Mythic provided them the wrong hotfix, one that didn't include the refunding of the points -> I give I shit about that, I'm paying GOA to play that game, therefore I'm holding them responsible for server stability, patching ect. If they got the wrong hotfix, it's THEIR (not Mythic's) duty to correct that.
 

Sheogorath

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
23
Ardamel said:
I meant that I have not seen any discussion in this forum about MW raids in hib, both mids and albs do them but the obvious caster realm does not do it. Just found it abit strange.

Well unlike mids or albs, hib casters are more viable in RVR, (not raid bots) so they cant afford getting MW
Think that explains it
 

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
330
Amadon said:
hey mr overpowered fotm tank

do you need an animist to be useful in an epic raid?

no, so why the fuck should us casters need one?
for starters, im the first bm to 50 on excal, HARDLY FOTM DONT YOU AGREE

second, i dont need animists, neither do you if you have enough ppl, animists boots to-hit for tanks and for mages, making tanks hit harder and making mages able to hit in the first place, i agree that mages are mostly useless in epic encounters, BUT old mw was _WAY_ over the line, and as i stated, it was just a way to get loot fast :p

and third, mw3 still does something, laryssa just used it to succesfully land dots and nukes on Cetus
 

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
149
Anyone can land nukes on Cetus, so long as you are inside one of those bubbles. I was hitting him succesfully on the same raid. Though MW3 did seem to increase laryssa's damage a bit as i was only hitting for 30-40, Laryssa was managing 100-150 (I think).
 

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
133
camelot-europe.goa.com said:
Majestic Will changes


Mythic is still working on the balancing of this realm ability and all players who have this realm ability will be reimbursed of the cost (and the ability will be removed from the character) once we patch to 1.68.

QUOTE]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom