Advice Mains power to small voltage lights.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So I've got a set of LED lights that originally ran off a battery charged by a small solar panel. They're outdoor lights in other words. I want them indoors but I don't want the panel in the window. Does anyone know how I would go about getting mains power directly into the string? Would I need to build or buy some form of transformer for it? In either case, does anyone know where I'd be able to find the parts? See picture...

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 16.59.54.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-03 at 16.59.55.jpeg

Edit: Battery if anyone needs to know.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
That power supply has a 12v output, and the lights look like they need 2v, so I suspect it's use might be accompanied with a burning smell.

I've no doubt your could get a suitable power supply, but strings of led lights are pretty cheap, so you may well end up spending more, but without the sense of accomplishment.

On the other hand it would be a lot easier to hook them up to a non solar battery box, and just put rechargeable batteries in it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I buy a lot of RS stuff from work, great company, most is next day delivery too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom