Magnus/Ian get todays hotpatch on the servers asap please!

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Some of you faggots need a good slapping, you remind me of a 7 year old throwing away a present in disgust because you are not happy with it.

They are doing things as fast as they can, to think that they are not shows pure delusion on your behalf.

There are bugs they are trying to fix them, we will get the patch as soon as it ready for us over here in europe you want insta patch go to the fucking US servers (so you can whine when a patch fucks the up the server and the players in europe are sitting pretty knowing that they wont be getting screwed over)

If you spent more time getting exp and less time typing little faggot shit messages on FH you would not need the bonus xp!!!

With regards to the scenarios, you get team players, then players who like to stroke cock while playing. Ive seen BW get shit loads of damage and still lose because they are thinking of only themselves, Ive seen Sorcs get shit loads of damage and we lose because they only think of spamming as much damage to targets that will just be healed up.

Its no different stop trying to compare classes when its pretty fucking clear that the skill level of the players using them ranges from very good to totally fucking retarded.

I do not care if marauders hit you twice, I am sick of being insta snared when I am supposed to be immune. Yet I aint posting every fooking second asking for someone to answer only to me.

Calaen

Nah just sick of people whining about the same shit everyday as if its really that important.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Some of you faggots need a good slapping, you remind me of a 7 year old throwing away a present in disgust because you are not happy with it.

They are doing things as fast as they can, to think that they are not shows pure delusion on your behalf.

There are bugs they are trying to fix them, we will get the patch as soon as it ready for us over here in europe you want insta patch go to the fucking US servers (so you can whine when a patch fucks the up the server and the players in europe are sitting pretty knowing that they wont be getting screwed over)

If you spent more time getting exp and less time typing little faggot shit messages on FH you would not need the bonus xp!!!

With regards to the scenarios, you get team players, then players who like to stroke cock while playing. Ive seen BW get shit loads of damage and still lose because they are thinking of only themselves, Ive seen Sorcs get shit loads of damage and we lose because they only think of spamming as much damage to targets that will just be healed up.

Its no different stop trying to compare classes when its pretty fucking clear that the skill level of the players using them ranges from very good to totally fucking retarded.

I do not care if marauders hit you twice, I am sick of being insta snared when I am supposed to be immune. Yet I aint posting every fooking second asking for someone to answer only to me.

This guy has a point, even if the tone he used was slightly over the top.
The game has been out for a month now...give it some time before crying, tbh

Calaen

A bit over the top because having a sensible discussion with these kids just does not work :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Except that we would have paid for our present without knowing what it is since the open test period was a closed one and we also would pay a monthly fee to use it while we have been through something similar with our past present for which we paid for years and which enabled the presents company to make new presents in the past and present.

So they whine is present because of the present-day present and experiences with past-day presents AND past-day promises regarding the new present which are not fulfilled in the present present.

If this doesn't make any sense to you, your metaphor didn't make any to me.

I agree on the (damage) stats thingy though, you can play for stats or for your team, but it can go hand in hand too.

Calaen

Except that we would have paid for our present without knowing what it is since the open test period was a closed one and we also would pay a monthly fee to use it while we have been through something similar with our past present for which we paid for years and which enabled the presents company to make new presents in the past and present.

So they whine is present because of the present-day present and experiences with past-day presents AND past-day promises regarding the new present which are not fulfilled in the present present.

If this doesn't make any sense to you, your metaphor didn't make any to me.

I agree on the (damage) stats thingy though, you can play for stats or for your team, but it can go hand in hand too.

Of course it makes sense, my point is that why would they not want to put it right? You can see they are really trying hard and the patches released to
date are clearly taken onboard what the community is saying.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
A bit over the top because having a sensible discussion with these kids just does not work :p

I am entitled to have some opinions on certain aspects of MMOGs from a professional point of view, I developed and develop software, I know C++ well and a bit of game programming too. Not sure your 7 year olds do that.

Considering the amount of money and man-power and closed beta testing that has been put into Warhammer I can't believe that some core features of the game are so broken/exploitable. I applied for the closed beta testing, so did my former DAoC guild, I would have had helped with that but we/I didn't get in.

With recent trend to release broken MMOGs and the punishment from the communities (see TR or AoC) I had the hope that someone would release a more polished game.

You complain about being instantly snared where you should have been immune, well I'd like to snare someone who is right next to me on my screen but is out of range according to my combat log and I'd like to body block someone for good instead of watching him walking right through me or warping off hundreds of units away while 3 Bright Wizards are nuking the crap out of everything...

So what can I do to have that changed so that it works like it should?

I decided for the opera-way: repeat repeat repeat so we won't have another TR or AoC!

Maybe someome will get the message. I hope that in addition to reports to GOA or Mythic CSR goes through some forums and compiles lists of most urgent requests and the recent fixes seem to confirm my hope.

If I'd run a MMOG company I'd let the community decide TODO list priority with polls and mirror it in a SCRUM process but for now we have the options to suck it, suck it and "whine" or leave and in the beta testing I would have invited elder players to in-house testing for some weeks with the opportunity for them to go to a developer and talk to him about problems.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

How old the game is has nothing to do with whether GOA can patch fast or not when hot-fixes exists.

And besides - I work in software development, and that excuse is a terrible one to use. Mythic have decided to release a game in the current state, meaning it is the product we've bought, it is the product we're playing - it isn't next months product we're playing.
It is impossible to judge the game on its merits a year down the line, we can only take a stance and form opinions towards what we have right now.

Sure it is impossible to keep almost any software bug free - heck many Hello World programs are bug-prone, but it also means that as consumers we are entitled to complain about it. Notice how much Microsoft for example is bitch slapped because they release buggy software. Few people then claim that you should wait until it has "matured" and been patched before saying anything about it. Yet when it is a MMO it is permitted to have huge bugs and exploits because "the game has only been out a month".

Succi

Fledgling Freddie

way to go on calling people faggots, missing the point and swallowing the typical GOA crap we've suffered for the last 7 years

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
MMOs are a different breed though, no matter how much testing you do there will be bugs here and there, you will also get new bugs popping up when you change something.

Personally, aside from the awful flash site and its related problems the launch has gone very well, I have been hugely impressed by GOA, though they do have a few things to iron out they do seem to want to get it right which is a good start, before they couldn't care less.

Give it a few months before you complain about things, obviously make suggestions and highlight any issues that you do find but there is little point in jumping up and down and threatening to quit because of a couple of bugs. I bet half the people that do encounter the bugs don't even report them, just moan about them.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
MMOs are a different breed though, no matter how much testing you do there will be bugs here and there, you will also get new bugs popping up when you change something.

Why different breed? It's software, which can be tested. Don't tell me they had to put the game into paid live-environment first in order to see most of the bugs we see now, this is simply not true.

I am aware of the complexity and no I haven't done a better MMOG, but relatively bug free software exists, even upon initial release.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Why different breed? It's software, which can be tested. Don't tell me they had to put the game into paid live-environment first in order to see most of the bugs we see now, this is simply not true.

I am aware of the complexity and no I haven't done a better MMOG, but relatively bug free software exists, even upon initial release.

the extreme complexities mixed with a tight budget and very tight deadlines will usually mean everything cant get done by release day so a matter of getting what they can get done when they can get it done.

I know a couple of guys who have gone to work for a few game dev studios, one guy working for code masters and the hours he works are rediculous. I would guess its very similar at Mythic and they really are trying to get things done, but with so much to do and more stuff showing up as the game goes live it would be very hard to make a dent in it.

I dont work in software so obviously you are in a better position to comment that myself, but i am sure the guys doing the coding are up to their tits in work atm.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I dont work in software so obviously you are in a better position to comment that myself, but i am sure the guys doing the coding are up to their tits in work atm.

This is sadly one of the main reasons for many bugs and I think that view is accepted within the software industry. Code quality suffers from being overworked, it's simply not productive, you have to put it more work to bring the code up to a certain standard then and it even costs the company more. I am surprised to see this happening at Codemasters, good company.

But I understand your point, I had 110h/week marathons too in order to get something ready for a fair.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
But I understand your point, I had 110h/week marathons too in order to get something ready for a fair.

thegarlic.jpg

I tried to resist but Bad Horse made me.

More on topic, deadlines are often the enemy of quality. Douglas Adams summed them up nicely, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

Calaen

way to go on calling people faggots, missing the point and swallowing the typical GOA crap we've suffered for the last 7 years

It is a computer game, I played Camelot as well and the amount of shit GOA got even when things were going right was a joke.

You piss and moan when things are good and you piss and moan when things are not so good how are they meant to know, if you actually really are pissed when you do it every day regardless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom