Magician - Feist

D

doh_boy

Right I like this book, so far. I'm around page 350. What's troubling me is the book seems to lapse into 'teenage angsty romance novel' every so often. It really off-putting. One minute it's all fantasy, elves and stuff the next 'they were in that special place where no bad feeling could touch them'. :eek7: it just seems to come out of nowhere? :s

T

Tom

Its a bit 'teenage/young-person fantasy novel'.

S

SilverHood

It passes once you get further along.

Don't let it get you down tho :)

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by SilverHood
It passes once you get further along.

Don't let it get you down tho :)

really? Coz now the elf queen is at it. :/

I like the fact that macros is back in it, I was kinda wondering where he'd be when he appeared. :D

C

Custodian

I love threads like this... cos they make me wanna get the books back out of the cupboard and read them again.

Feist is good :)

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by doh_boy
really? Coz now the elf queen is at it. :/

I like the fact that macros is back in it, I was kinda wondering where he'd be when he appeared. :D

There's a lot of Romantic Stuff in the forst 2 novels, probably to get it published, and when he became established, he could do whatever he liked.

Personally, I love Magician and the 2 follow ups simply because Jimmy The Hand is in it :D

K

kan

excellent book.

the end 200 pages really kicks off

D

doh_boy

aye it's fun and you meet jimmy the hand (he's an ok character and I think he's the upright man but hey I might be wrong) and he's in love with princess bird! Then arutha falls for her. As for the story it's very good and I do feel feists' strength is his depiction of relationships and conversation. Still enjoying it anyway. I'm around page 500 so the last 200 pages are just starting. :)

S

SilverHood

i'm still not sure whether I like the serpentwar or riftwar the best

Individually, they weren't as good as magician, but overall, the story was better

on a side note, I've actually read King of Foxes, his latest Midkemia novel, and it's pretty good stuff, if a little short.

Users who are viewing this thread