Magical Gauntlets?

A

Arlone

I found some plate gauntlets in DF and have no idea what they 'do'. Below is a screen of the item...

gauntlets.jpg

Now, are they chargable, can I actually cast a spell with 'em? How do I, as armsman, use these when they have a 'power cost' and armsmen have no power-bar at all?

well, I have no idea 'how' to use them or even know IF I can use them. Could anyone explain? :)

S

SFXman

lol... doesn't even say what the actuall spell charge is... straaaange. Well it has a duration so... some sort of buff I'd guess... if someone knows how you might be able to use it, test them :D

O

old.tRoG

put them on (obviously), hotkey them, then hold down your use key, 'E' by default. while holding your use key hit the hotkey with your gloves on them.

they should do something... i think :)

if it doesnt work for you because you're an armsman you could always give them to a pally to test :)

A

Arlone

tried using them just now and the 'response' I got was:

The yada-yada gauntlets are too powerful for you to use

Wonder if that means I'm too low level (they need to be yellow-con) OR that I can't use them cause I have no power (mana) :eek:

Guess I'll find out in a level or two...

A

Arlone

they dropped off some nightmare-looking thingies, just before you come to Hulks in DF (dunno if hulks exists in more places than one tho). Thats all i know :] These gaunties would probably be good between 45-49 but it's no way as good as epic-armours.

A

Aeiedil

This looks like a reverse-proc. when you get hit on the gloves theres a chance it will proc. the item needs to be yellow to you to proc though, same as with weapon procs.

K

Khalen

I have them as well but I think they are bugged for some reason or it could be indeed reversed proc... ah well just have to test it then...

K

Keri

Several armour pieces with a charge are bugged, and are not supposed to be chargeable at all. I have had a Twilight vest for months, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the spell to work. I think one of the patches will remove the charge info, as it was never intended to be magical.

R

razorboy

It's a dmg shield charge, only usable by lvl 50's

M

Myshra

this guys right, we got a neclace with the same ability and meepthor put it on to test it and it gave him a 15sec dmg shield (at a guess, a high dps one) but it was pretty crap as it only had 2 charges, butthe 10dex+10qui was quite nice from it :)

A

Arlone

Soulfly helped me test the gauntlets and yes, it's a magma-shield procc. It goes off whenever a mob hits your hands (and this is not very often it seems). The shield is .. well, decent. According to Soulfly it was not the 'best' one but it will do I guess :)

Would be fun to use only proccing gear. Where ever the mob hits you a procc goes off ... uhm, BT's! <dreaming>

anyway, thanks for the help Soulfly. Nice to know they work atleast.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Aeiedil
This looks like a reverse-proc. when you get hit on the gloves theres a chance it will proc. the item needs to be yellow to you to proc though, same as with weapon procs.

Some weapons proc when orange, some yellow, YMMV. :)

P

- Pathfinder -

Heh the BT proc weapon is fairly nice :) I rather fancy my pink hammer as well :p

O

old.mattshanes

They drop off gatekeeper i beleive i have a pair now:rolleyes:

M

Myshra

ctually they drop off kobil check out the name of the gauntlets :)

O

old.Revz

We got two pairs of them off High Lord Oro. The damn Mids got the other two Lords before we chased them down and wiped them out so we couldn't tell if they are usual drops but I must say without stats they are of dubious use compared to other items. Here they are anyway :

kobilsfierygauntlets.jpg

And the chain version :

dommelsfierygauntlets.jpg

At least we know what they are now anyway :)

O

old.Biohazard

You need to be lvl 50 in order to use charged items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom