Magic on weapons

E

Elric IA

I have a dolomite 2 hander that I crafted myself and when looking at the information is says it has a DOT spell on it. However, I have no idea how to use it. I read somewhere that you have to put the weapon on your hotbar and there is a bug meaning you have to press the corresponding key rather than mouseclick but this does not seem to work.

Has anyone any ideas.

Thanks

L

Louster

I'd like to know this also.
Yep.
I certainly would.

F

Fex

I asked someone about this earlier on and he said it was a random thing that could happen anytime during the fight. So basically you can't just let rip whenever you feel like it.

F

fatgit

from what Ive read & been told there are 2 types of magical weapons :

Chargeable - these have x charges, can be recharged at special NPCs, and are triggered by the USE buttton (new in 1.45)
Proc (no idea what its short for) - automatically trigger once the weapon is yellow/blue con

I may be wrong but that's what Ive been told :)

O

old.Anatoly

Apparently Proc stands for process :confused:

As with most of the slang in this game it makes little sense :eek:

W

WPKenny

I had a read through the thingy that comes up before you join a server. It gives you info on the new patch.

It seems there's a USE key now and you need to drag whatever item you want to use into the quickbar and then press the USE key and then click the item in the quickbar you want to use.

Dunno if it'll work on your weapon that you've crafted though.

E

Elric IA

Thanks for that i have read that too in the 1.45 notes (knew i had seen it somewhere). The use key seems to be unset when you go into options but you can set it. However, i still cannot use the item. I get the message you cannot use it. Perhaps the colour it cons to you is relevant.

E

Elric IA

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that I got a reply via RightNow from GOA.

The bad news is that it is a bug and the weapon does not have a spell on it.

Well at least I know.:(

O

old.Rasputin

Until spellcrafting is implemented you cannot imbue a weapon with any magic abilities outside of adding a bonus to it from an enchanter.

Rasputin - Level 42 Friar
<Phoenix Legion>
Prydwen

S

SFXman

UMm, you crafted a weapon that is magical?! I have never come across such a thing but maybe.... DOT spell? Hmm.... *shrugs*
I thought this magical item crafting isn't implemented yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom