Science Magic mushroom love

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lulz. Good story :)

Not ideal circumstances indeed. It's amazing how bad a situation can be made by intolerant old bastards eh? And ones with dogs too.

Even more reason to hate the queen if you ask me :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only thing I know about coke is that my mate started taking it at Uni and now he can't really do without it (20 years on).

Not that he's physically addicted, more that his nights have become boring without it, which is just sad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Coke is such a waste of money. So expensive for such a rubbish and short high. Avoid really.

rynnor

Rockhound
I also had similar lasting positive effects from the first handful of times I took ecstasy. Genuinely outlook changing for a while, helps you appreciate so much more in life.

Now your talking - ecstasy was designed as a lift for old people - if only they would still prescribe it imagine the benefit to the world!

I just think shrooms are iffy - people end up mis-identifying them and eating poisonous ones fairly regularly.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah I knew someone that did that. Did wrong things to him apparently. Lots of mushrooms look similar but are pretty bad for you. Doesn't help that they grow in the same places and people don't do enough research and quality control when picking.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Now your talking - ecstasy was designed as a lift for old people

Really? Who by and why isn't it used (other than the obvious)?

Prof Nutt was on about studying the effects of this too.

rynnor

Rockhound
Really? Who by and why isn't it used (other than the obvious)?

Prof Nutt was on about studying the effects of this too.

Oh actually turns out it was patented long ago as a pre-cursor to a medicine to assist blood clotting - they never realised it was a psychoactive drug. It was popularised in the 60s and used extensively in various therapies where it was helpful for breaking down emotional barriers.

Recently some papers that held that MDMA caused brain damage were withdrawn since the researcher admitted he was testing a different drug.

Its currently being researched as a drug to treat post traumatic stress disorder and as a potential painkiller for cancer patients.

It isnt particularly addictive (same level as caffeine) but is toxic in high doses and can cause heart attacks (although these are very rare considering the numbers taking it illegally).

The street stuff is often cut with all sorts though - LSD quite commonly and various other chemicals - better on prescription :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
LSD "helps alcoholics give up drinking".

The report's authors, Teri Krebs and Pal-Orjan Johansen, said: "A single dose of LSD has a significant beneficial effect on alcohol misuse."

Interesting article. Accompanied by a (debatable) "dangers of LSD" sidebox yet strangely unaccompanied by a "positive effects of LSD" sidebox :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
LSD is fucking dangerous. Anyone who considered taking it everyday would end up like Syd Barrett in no time, and thats a fact.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nobody is suggesting taking it every day throd.

The off-the-cuff suggestion is that a controlled dose every few months may be helpful - and the serious suggestion is that more reasearch needs to be done.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It would certainly help you to get a deeper understanding of the inside of an orange :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
or where theres red paint splashes on the walls that could, possibly, look like blood running down the wall..........

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And don't ever walk down dogshit ally where legend has it, they buried the plague victims.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'm as stoned as a brick wall and that was the best read ever throd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom