Mages

Uber

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, but in most cases, if the caster (mage) knows what to do they have a very big advantage against melee chars. Its even easier to kill a warrior. But its almost impossible of a mage to kill another caster, like Priest or Warlock. Prist for example have alot more cc. And if a mage wants to win a duel, they have to keep range, and thats kinda hard when it comes to priests :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Counterspell and polymorph can help against priests and warlocks, but mages generally don't have an easy time vs casting chars.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Counterspell against a priest in shadowform should be a killer.

Haven't had that many chances to fight priests though, so can't say anything from experience :)

Uber

Fledgling Freddie
I´ve tryed to duel a prist friend of mine several times, but shields and possibility to heal makes it really hard.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
An arcane mage is the best chance you have of beating a priest....i am frost too and i have such trouble against a good priest or fire specced/arcane specced mage.Against melee classes i have no trouble at all really unless they use a free action potion it could become tricky if they are good.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I got beat up three times or more by a rogue yesterday, he was 4 levels higher than me though.

Was the first rogue I've met that could actually play his class. (have to be said that I got beat up just after resurrecting and while fighting a monster, but still)

Friea

Banned
Antedeluvian said:
Is so fun when all mages asume that rogues doesnt use free action potions, sprint, kick, snare poison or vanish :eek:

its so fun when rogues asume they are good when playing a overpowered class :puke:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Friea said:
its so fun when rogues asume they are good when playing a overpowered class :puke:
Just a friendly reminder, this isn't the Daoc boards.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
The fight begins from stealth, because the mage cant see the rogue, the rogue stun the mage, the mage blinks and begin to cast Poly, the rogue sprint and kick the Poly, spell thats not an instant, and drink the FAP, the mage is now dead, all he have now are snares and roots, if the rogue see he wont be capable of kick the Poly he just vanish while sprint, skill which works in stealth, and then gouge, stun and kill, the mage is again dead.
I guess the mage can flee after the blink if the snare poison didnt fired, but kill a rogue alone whitout healing? no way, and thats good, the game is not designed in a way that a class who excells killing lone pple whit his VERY FAST dps burst would die after getting the jump over a class who is more oriented to a group fight.

Theorycraft > *.*

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Just a friendly reminder, this isn't the Daoc boards.

rogues are overpowered though, im just glad im horde and dont have to fight wotf beasts ^^

server you play on whisper?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
rogues are overpowered though, im just glad im horde and dont have to fight wotf beasts ^^

server you play on whisper?
Chilling on Bloodhoof :)

Quite pleasant not having to put up with the "l33t" kiddos :)

rynnor

Rockhound
I really love the Mage class - hardest bit is choosing talents because their all good :)

Something not everyone may have noticed yet is that sheep sink like lead - I love levelling by water on my PVP server.

If anything attacks me I pom poly them then laugh as they sink - re-apply sheep twice and if the waters reasonably deep they drown before reaching the surface :) Can always help em along with a Pyro or fireball too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom