Maddening Scalars or Winged Helm

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Assumin pretty much the stats/skills/resists are the same
Would you choose scalars or winged helm for a hybrid ranger?
I have MoS4 and usually try to open with a crit shot on assassins then go in for the kill.

I only have exp of winged helm, lovely arti, and tbh the style reduction is more than a little OP'ed in stealth wars, especially fun when a SB perfs you for 200 dmg and you hit him back with squall for 220 damage.

Anyone have exp of using both artis, and which would you choose over the other if you had to make the choice?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
melee spec.... get scalars and wh.

hybrid wh. couse u can use MSG then :D

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
between those 2 artis, on a ranger, i would without a doubt choose winged helm. scalars proc is really nice, but rare as hell, and imo the style blocking is waaay >>>>>> the ToA bonuses you get from scalars.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
winged helm imo, though if you can fit both in even better :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
scalar proc dont seem to fire very often tbh I think its a crap arti thats not worth having full stop.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
for my ns scalars is very much worth it, but for a ranger wh is obviously much better if its one or the other :)

Arky

Fledgling Freddie
from my mincer pov , wh is shitless for some reasons:
-5 min timer , that means , u have 3.5 min only to have a good fight using any other arti on it
-Dmg reduction aint that good as it only takes partial dmg of style bonus , so yeah its uber vs PA cos sts get uber bonus from pa bs etc , but from normal styles , like garrote chain or la styles or whatever , it will absorb like 15 every mainhand style switch.
-And ever worse utility than scalars as i dont rlly need dex as i have solo temp etc
So imo it doesnt worth , im currently using wh on mincer but on next template ill switch it for scalars as wh is rlly useless ;p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
only thing why i took scalars into my rangers temp is couse of the toa bonuses :) i have 101 str and 10/9/10 (melee dmg/styledmg/speed)

+ the con cap anit bad either

but im pure melee, i wouldnt use scalars on a hybrid. id use sharkskin gloves

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Well, friendly hibbies say WH
Machiavellian mincers say Scalars

Guess I'll stick with WH then

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
If you have both malice and battler at template, scalars, wh if only 1 of use2 avaliable.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Well, friendly hibbies say WH
Machiavellian mincers say Scalars

Guess I'll stick with WH then

good choise... scalars wouldnt have done u eny good. well they would have but wh more usefull

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom