TV Mad Men

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone else watched this? US drama set in a 1950's Madison Avenue advertising agency. Not the most promising premise I know but it's really good :)

There are 2 series to watch so if you're looking for something to get stuck into this is perfect. I started watching straight after I finished The Wire and Mad Men doesnt come off too badly by comparison, which is high praise!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its had rave reviews but it struck me as a glossy Sex In The City for men, pile o' shite.

I'm willing to be proved wrong but I'd prefer someone else on FH was the lab rat testing it for me :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
watched season 1 and took a while getting in to it, but really enjoyed it on balance. it's very slow but the dialogue is absolutely top drawer and, as much as i know i'll get slaughtered for saying it by those who measure manliness in smelling bad and drinking too much beer, the costumes and sets in it are awesome.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Its had rave reviews but it struck me as a glossy Sex In The City for men, pile o' shite.

I'm willing to be proved wrong but I'd prefer someone else on FH was the lab rat testing it for me :D

It's not a show that gives immediate gratification but watch it for a while and it drags you in. Don Draper is a fantastic character and his story arc over the 3 series so far has been amazing to watch

Or did you mean entourage? I'd refute that being a bloke's SitC as well, purely because it doesnt take itself seriously

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Yeh I know about Entourage. This had struck me as aimed at the same target market so I'd kinda avoided it.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Mad Men is about as far from entourage as you can get :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom