Mad idea to balance realms/classes population

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
Instead of /level, allow 1 character slot to be used to create a toon from an enemy realm fighting as a renegade, i.e a troll fighting for hibernia, lurikeen in albion. Make a new town in each realm where traitors can train and get quests etc.

Would it help population balance if u could defect to an enemy realm with your character? This would make rvr a bit like camlann i suppose but pve would be more like a co-op server.

If all realms had access to all classes then the realms would be balanced wouldnt they? Dunno just an idea :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a nice idea, though I think Haarewin pointed it out best (sort of) - you'd get people 'traitoring' for the extra dex Luri's have - or the extra Str trolls have (to give the two best examples).

I'm also unsure whether it would actually help realm population any, I think one of the main reasons people hesitate to switch realms is the reluctance to redo the grind to 50. I guess leaving behind friends wouldn't be much of an issue though seeing as you could go back to your original realm...

Edit: Oh yeah, I also just realised. It would make cross-realm spying more realisitic. At the moment it's mostly idiotic fags with too much cash who try it, but there are very few people who'd roll an account for the pure purpose of spying on the enemy. With a Traitor system it would likley become a much bigger problem, compared to the relativly small one it is at the moment.

Elewyth

Banned
just give all melee classes sticks and all range classes stones... yey balance!

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
i meant that a toon created in a realm would still be restricted to its own classes and race combinations only be fighting for another realm - the player would still be playing for his own realm though if you see what i mean.

i.e i play in alb but can create 1 toon that is hib or mid within my own realm.

it would be cool if u were allowed one toon that ignored race/class restrictions as well as part of the level 50 reward. HO pally, luri bard, troll sb (joking) anyone? :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
then we'd have lots of people rolling mid/hib classes and playing in alb for the population advantage ;)

Dood

Fledgling Freddie
that would mean Alb have access to the Mid healer?

omg imagine the whines about that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom