MAD AS A FISH?

P

Perplex

60 quid a month?! There has to be cheaper options out there.

Man, I'm only paying 20 a month :) (cable of course, I assume as you're hunting dsl options you can't get cable...gutted)

P

Perplex

Oh yeah, madasafish...lol, we were having a laugh at thier "Miscellaneous Charges" before. Look at them.

Abortive Engineering Visit 131.49 154.50 <-- !!!!!!!!!!!

So like, break a leg and get rushed to hospital meaning you can't meet the engineer...and they charge you 150 quid?!

Admin Charge for incomplete or illegible order forms 49.36 58.00 <-- LOL. So, if you have shitty handwriting...they charge you 60 quid.

Upgrade of Service 85.06 99.95
Downgrade of Service 85.06 99.95

Wow, upgrade your service (and pay them more subscription) and they take a ton off you. Downgrade your service to save some money, and they take another ton off you. Nice

Thing is, I;'m not sure if these are BT charges that MadasaFish are having to "pass on" to the customer. Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

P

Perplex

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/broadband.shtml

1. EasyNET
2. Zen
3. Andrews&Arnold
4. Demon
5. Eclipse
6. Nildram
7. EntaNET
8. Freedom2Surf
9. SupaNET
10. Madasafish

That's the top 10 DSL providers in the UK. MadAsAFish are there, but at the back. I'd have a look at the others first personally.

W

WPKenny

Thanks for the help. Yeah, Cable isn't available near the house I'll be moving into. Sux.
I am now looking at freeserve. From a few forums around, they seem to be pretty good in terms of price/quality of service. Thing is, it's not just me paying for it, it's going to be a shared house so the higher it goes per month, the more they grumble. Unless anyone's heard anything REALLY bad about Freeserve then I may be going for them.
From what I hear, any ADSL has outages now and then cos they all link through the same exchanges. Seems like nothing's perfect. heh.

P

Perplex

What will you be using it for? If you look on www.ispreview.co.uk you'll see they are commented as: Excellent Prices-Poor Multiplayer-Sometimes Connection Problems-Average Support

So if it's for online gaming, it seems they suck?

W

WPKenny

I saw that too. It seems everyone has their own point of view on this and it's hard to find a definitive opinion. I'd quite like to go for Nildram as I've not heard much bad said about them. But it's more money per month you see. Maybe I can convince them to fork out..but I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom