Macro Question...no Harm Intended.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
I ve been playing DAOC for quite some time now and I always heard some sort of macroing is legal whereas some sorts are illegal. My question is there a way to make a macro so that you will use style A and use style B for back up. Kinda like instead of pressing 2 buttons, just press 1 button.

Thanks

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
/cancelstyle OFF ;)

Hit style A, then style B for back up.

Unless you play like me pressing a bunch of buttons and hitting evade style when fighting a caster :p

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, I do infact play a vamp. I just hit 50 and finished ToA stuff. So I am relatively new to vamp pvp.

With self haste buff and such I often miss feint/ES combo... So I was wondering if it would be possible to just do a macro like I said above.
Other than that I am not exactly sure what /cancelstyle OFF does.

Also being a high RR Vamp, could you give me some hints on your control setup and how to handle all this button smashing. I mean I watched these vodeos where these guys style appropriately, spam claw, use fumble/parry/evade etc, and on top of that move around like crazy...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tilda

I'm not sure how to read you're first post.
I assume you know that if you have cancel styles off, and then press oe style after another it will back up one style with the one after it. Which sounds kinda like what you want.
However it would be norty if you were then to use a macro program or whatever to then put both those styles in a macro so you only have to physicly press one key to use both styles.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Nope not possible.

You can only /macro one button/keypress to a qbar/key

If you want to push two buttons that would require a 3rd party tool, which is agains the CoC

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:
Also being a high RR Vamp, could you give me some hints on your control setup and how to handle all this button smashing. I mean I watched these vodeos where these guys style appropriately, spam claw, use fumble/parry/evade etc, and on top of that move around like crazy...

Thanks

its called being on the ball :eek:

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
its called being on the ball :eek:

Besides that I am sure there are a little hints/tips that can help a new vamp.

/cheers

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
or they use a nostromo which is illegal

Using a nostromo is NOT illegal.

Using a nostromo to macro IS.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Macroing as you describe (more than one action performed per single-button pressed) isnt allowed, so you might like to try this (Unless you've gone tri-spec in which case you're on your own! :p )

You can triple-queue your styles as such so that your order-of-tapping for them is the same everytime, leaving you to concentrate more on buffs/debuffs and postioning. Tried this setup on a vamp on the US servers a few months ago, generic 43pierce/38SM/32VE spec:

3-Diamondback
2-Eyeshot
1-Vampiiric Feint

:and tapped them in the order 3-2-1 (that I affectionately refer to as "drumming yer fingers" once the haste buff kicks in ;) ). If no VF has been performed, ES wont queue leaving you with DB with VF backup; if it has been performed, DB with ES backup. Once DB had been used on a target and they had gained stun immunity I switched to an similar qbar 2 (I preferred ES to land over Tarantula in this case):

3-Eyeshot
2-Tarantula
1-Vampiiric Feint

I then bound the 6 short-timespan buffs/debuffs (parry/evade/weaponskill/enddrain/HoT/Fumble) to the Ins/Home/PgUp/Del/End/PgDown keys as it was only a short hop from my mouse. Bind your claw attacks to something close-by to these keys imo.

This still leaves your thumb and pinky to do movement (had ` as /face and q as /stick also) for all and any strafing/run-through you might want ;)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Pera said:
With self haste buff and such I often miss feint/ES combo...

I miss em due to stupidity :p

Pera said:
Other than that I am not exactly sure what /cancelstyle OFF does.

/cancelstyle means you can que a style as a backup. I hit diamondback and vf for example, if i evade, db hits, if not vf does.

Pera said:
Also being a high RR Vamp, could you give me some hints on your control setup

Not a high RR but this is my main quickbar
quickbar.JPG

I have the WS buff on Insert, evade buff on Delete, haste buff (which i almost never use) on Home and parry buff on End.

Purge on K, IP on J, /use on U, javellins on Y, rr5 on - , /assist Guerra on . :cheers:

I have another qbar for MLs.

I use WASD for moving/strafing, I keep my left hand constantly on the keyboard and the right hand mostly on the mouse unless I need to press a qbind.

Pera said:
on top of that move around like crazy...

Just strafe if you're facing lots of people or need to bypass a shield. However it can backfire as you need to time it right with your hits, otherwise you wont hit a thing.

Hope I helped there.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Hey thanks a lot for the replies. Those are some awesome tips.

Gear; Based on your hotbar I assume you are 43 Pierce, 41 VE, and 28 SM, rite? If so, how do you like that spec. I am currently using it, however I find it that it has awesome defensive abilities (evade/fumble/parry), it somehow lacks the dps of 49SM.

Also do you use AF charges? I have 20+ melee resists however I seem to go toe-to-toe with rr5+ infs and get hit for 250+ main hand.

You also said you don't use Haste buff? do you use druid haste buff or no haste at all?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom